TURKEY vs. ENGLAND

Discussion in 'England' started by silahsiz kuvvet, Sep 14, 2002.

1. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread looks like it's working its way the rivalry forum.

Turkey is in the driver's seat after England's failure to pick up a win a home to Macedonia. What a shocker.

2. gotyourback

gotyourback Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Aurora/Arlington
    ROFL... sometimes England plays so bad - it seems the only puppets 'around' are the England fans like myself *ear-2-ear grin*

Cheers!

3. Turkoglu

Turkoglu Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Istanbul
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: some information

Ok thanx for clarification. Then I apoligize.

4. You've hit the nail on the head mate. Anyone who thinks it's gone away needs to open his eyes. It's only because the police don't want it reported, the F.A don't want it reported and the media only pick up on the events that are either a bit more out of the ordinary or reporting it can't really be avoided. It goes on week after week up and down the country.

Turkey - In the WC they played one good team and surprise - they lost. Suddenly everyone thinks they are a force. As for fearless, they are so fearless they use knives on two innocent fans. Don't give me all this bollocks about Turkey, their just having their 15 minutes. Turkey your sh**e.

5. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    I didn't realize the match was at Sunderland...

...a first, Newcastle supporters cheering for the home club at the SOL.

6. forest.clough

forest.clough New Member

Jul 27, 2002
    mansfield . G.B.
    they were BOTH stabbed to death !!!

7. Manny

Manny New Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Denmark
    And the people who stabbed the leeds fans are now in prison so there is no reason to keep on talking about that.

8. forest.clough

forest.clough New Member

Jul 27, 2002
    mansfield . G.B.
    ooooooooooooh was mearly putting the facts right not trying to start a debate ..... i am sure just like the english the mass majority of turks would rather have a drink with opposing fans than a fight.

9. Manny

Manny New Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Denmark
    You are right. :)
    When Liverpool played against Galatasaray in the the Champions league there were no problems at all and the fans from the two club got a pretty good relationship.

Lets hope the England - Turkey match will be played in the same friendly amosphere.

10. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    lets just hope this games arent rigged to benefit both.

11. Almogavar92

Almogavar92 New Member

Aug 17, 2001
    USA
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Isn't it amazing that even two years after the stabbings in Taksim, the English fans here demonstrate spirits of revenge. If only they'd realize all the hell they've raised in the past thirty years all over Europe.

What would the English fans have to say if Italians here constantly alluded to Heysel and the 39 Italians they killed by rampaging them?

What would the English fans say to the people of Marseilles after rampaging in the city trying to relive the beach invasions of World War II?

What would the English fans say to the people of Charleroi if they were to complain of the damage that was done to their city prior to the England-Germany match in Euro'2000.

For fans whose memories are so vivid when it comes to the Galatasaray-Leeds Utd match, I wish you would open your minds to the savagery exhibited by the "gentlemen" of England.

As to the match, there are people who are definitely living in the past if they think that England is going to give Turkey a drubbing to the tune of 8-0. Those of you who are dreaming of this, keep on dreaming. You obviously haven't realized that Turkey is a team that plays the best collective football. Forget the World Cup... Turkey is a formidable opponent.

Bastir Turkiye!!!!
    Er zaman, er yerde, en buyuk Turkiye!!!

PS. I'm not Turkish. I can just appreciate a good football team when I see one.

12. crummy

crummy New Member

Sep 8, 2002
    Watford
    You're getting muddled between England "supporters" and English club team supporters.

When was the last time there was trouble at an English club teams game outside of England ?

That's right when Leeds had 2 fans murdered in Turkey !

People in glass houses and all that !!!!

13. Manny

Manny New Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Denmark
    Copenhagen has experienced problems with english hooligans twice in in 3 years.
    The first time was when Chelsea played against FC Copenhagen and the second time was when Arsenal played against Galatasaray in the uefa cup final.

Most countries have problems with hooligans, so we all live in glass houses.........or whatever.

14. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    wicked post crummy, absolutely funny. give it to 'em.
    i think turkey are a fantastic side and although Albion + Englands post was funny i think it'll be two tough matches quite a few goals and one goal will separate the sides.
    hey "gotyourback" are you still living in irving, if you do do you play footie around there.

15. crummy

crummy New Member

Sep 8, 2002
    Watford
    Manny - i was in Denmark in July for my teams friendly match against FC Copenahgen - though the game was played in Helsingor [sorry - can't do the proper lettering with the diagonal line across the "o"]

FC Copenhagen have some disgraceful supporters and i bet they were well at home with the worst elements of the Chelsea mob.

We met some very decent people as well from your great country but there were others who were as bad as anything i've seen in 30+ years of watching football in some of Englands worst and most hostile places.

The Galatasary/Arsenal game was definitely not down to Arsenal fans - i know plenty of Gooners who made the trip and although they weren't innocent they were mainly defending themselves.

The strange thing is that The Turks are usually such friendly people - and the English and the Turks usually get on fantastically well.

There are very large Turkish populations in England and i was suprised how many Turks supported England, as well as Turkey in the last World Cup.

16. Manny

Manny New Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Denmark
    Yes Crummy, some of the danish hooligans are just as bad as the worst english hooligans. We got plenty of problems with racist hooligans.

About the Arsenal - Galatasaray fights. Many danish hooligans actually traveled to copenhagen to fight on the enligish hooligans side, while some foreigners living in Copenhagen fought on the turks side.

17. crummy

crummy New Member

Sep 8, 2002
    Watford
    My Arsenal friends were telling me that there were people from Germany, Belgium and Holland in Copenhagen siding with the Arsenal fans ?

A shame that they had to stage a war in such a fabulous city.

When we were ther in July we had a great time - apart from a couple of thugs at the match.

Christiana was errr - different ......

Great city - hope to return early next year for a visit.

18. Manny

Manny New Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Denmark
    Crummy for many people that night it wasnt about football, but it was about getting into a "good" fight.
    The fight WAS expected and the media talked about the upcoming fight for days before the game, so the uefa cup final acted as a magnet to troublemakers.

I agree Copenhagen is a nice city.

I visited London for a week a few years ago in my first an and sofar only trip to England, and it was very exiting. Especially when you are from a country only half the size of London. :)
    Me and my friends wanted to watch football game, but we forgot that the games over there is almost always sold out.

Ive heard it a great expericence to watch football matches in England.

19. crummy

crummy New Member

Sep 8, 2002
    Watford
    It depends on what you call a great experience.

Sure it is great to go to somewhere like Highbury - if only for the ambience and the Art Deco architecture of the stands [seriously] - very historic - but i'm not sure if it would be the most passionate of crowds.

If you're over in London anytime let me know and i'll get tickets for a match involving either Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea or West Ham.

My experience of football in Denamrk was basically drink beer, drink more beer and drink more beer - except travelling from Sweden i'd forgotten to change any money to Danish Krona - so while the rest of the world got drunk - i had a seriously parched throat.

20. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    I see you're still describing us as "hooligans"..
    I bet you wouldn;'t even consider using the phrase "turkish hooligan" would you??

Its always "english hooligans" fight with "turkish fans".... blah ,blah ,blah..

Im not suprised this thread has degenerated into this .Same thing happens every time you try to a football discussion with a turk.

21. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001

Where is the talk of "revenge" on this thread??
    why dont you point it out...
    Anyway ,its human nature to get angry about this kind if thing .
    So keep your nose out of this debate .dont tell us what we should be thinking...

No one was talking about it until the turks started making references to it (as they always do).

As for heysel.. we had a 5 year ban for that incident ....and the deaths of the fans can hardly be classed as direct murder attempts seeing as they were killed by collapsed wall.
    there is no comparison between the two incidents.

ooh yeah abit of minor damage is being compared to murder .Oohh yeah what a great comparison..

what damage??
    the only damage was caused by the polices own water cannons ..That only resulted in afew chairs being knocked over..
    I dont see how that can be compared to murder.

We wont forget it....just like they wouldn;t forget it if it had happened to them.
    If they had seen fans murdered in that particular way and then seen people gloating about it....they wouldn;t forget it either...

it will never be forgotten so poke your snout in someone elses affairs...

22. Manny

Manny New Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Denmark
    sinner_ronald_monk, i called them hooligans, because it was english hooligans who fought in Copenhagen and not English fans....do you see the difference?

It's obvious that you are very hateful person, so there is no point in discussing this with you.

23. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    oh really...
    they are ALL hooligans??
    There weren;t any regular fans who got caught up in the trouble?? They were all Hooligans?? every single one of them???

What about the turks who caused trouble?? are they hooligans??? Would you use the phrase "turkish hooligan" or dont you like the sound of that phrase??

24. Manny

Manny New Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Denmark
    sinner_ronald_monk, are you saying that it was regular english fans who caused the problems in Copenhagen? I hope not!

My point was that most english fans are not violent and that they were not the troublemakers.....the hooligans were. Hooligans on both sides.

There were english hooligans in Copenhagen who wanted revenge for what happened to the two Leeds fans, so the trouble was planned and unavoidable

I don't think that many regular fans got cought in the trouble. You don't start hitting on people and wrecking stores and cafes by accident.

Both sides were to blame for what happened. That includes turkish hooligans.

25. JoBeck

JoBeck New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Wesschessduh
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's not keep letting this discussion get dragged down by arguments over hooligans. The game's still quite a long time away, but let's please keep it relevant to what will happen on the pitch otherwise this thread will be moved to World Rivalries or closed.