TURKEY vs. ENGLAND

Discussion in 'England' started by silahsiz kuvvet, Sep 14, 2002.

1. kenodoki

kenodoki New Member

Aug 30, 2002
    Leeds, England
    who will qualify Fearless TURKS or hooligan Brits

Hooligan Brits? I seem to remember two poor Leeds supporters being stabbed to death in Turkey for supporting the the wrong team. And as far as I can guess, when Turkey play in England the atmosphere will be nowhere near as hostile as the game in Turkey.

2. Manny

Manny New Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Denmark
    I think the hooligan problem is much bigger in England than it is in Turkey although Turkey has problems aswell.
    A few days ago they showed a BBC documentary in danish TV about the hooligan problems in England and they proved that the hooligan problem has become worse in recent years and that the reason why people in England thought the problem was almost gone, was that the media didnt write much about it.
    Infact almost all clubs in England have problems with their hooligans.

(Sorry about my English)

3. kenodoki

kenodoki New Member

Aug 30, 2002
    Leeds, England
    There are problems in England but not much. Only a small minority of fans cuase trouble. The only time I've seen problems recently was when Sheffield United played Sheffield Wednesday. Two years ago I ended up being trapped in a pub as fans had running battles with the police in the streets outside (I must add that the guys involved were a minority of troublemakers).

The police then decided to bring measures in and there isn't trouble anymore. Most pubs close just before,during and a few hours after the match. The police monitor the trouble makers (there aren't that many) and follow them to every pub they go to. At any sign of trouble the cops are there in a shot. These guys aren't real football fans, they just like causing trouble. But now they can't.

I travel a lot around England and I have been in Cities with important football games on. I never see any trouble. Maybe a few drunken fans singing but most people would be going about their normal business. A lot of time you can't even tell there is a game on. When Leeds played Manchester United the other week (a game with potential to have a lot of trouble), the only thing I saw that was different to any other saturday was two very drunk young Leeds supporters singing loudly while attempting to cross a busy road (it was really funny to watch).

Other than the Sheffield Wedneday and Sheffield United thing two years ago, I've hardly seen any trouble these days. The stuff you see on T.V would be when trouble happens in a pub or club and the people happen to be wearing football shirts.

People fight in clubs and pubs all the time, but when they are in a football shirt, it is assumed it must be because of football and not the large ammounts of alcohol in their system.

When Turkey comes to England chances are they will be well treated. When England goes to Turkey I don't think we'll be very well received. That's why the game in Turkey will be difficult. The fans will be hostile and I bet there will be a fair share of misiles thrown on the pitch and a large ammount of racial abuse on our black players.

4. drew_VT_6

drew_VT_6 Member

Feb 22, 2000
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My vote goes to Turkey...England's a bunch of glory boyz...Turkey has that fighting/winning spirit.

5. Manny

Manny New Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Denmark
    According to the BBC documentary it wasnt football fans who caused the problems, but very well organised hooligans. Hooligans who belongs to the right wing. (racist)
    And the hooligan problem was one of the main resons why England wasnt chosen as host for the WC 2006.

I do think your right when you say the turkish fans will be treated well by english fans when Turkey is going to play in England, but I also think the english fans will be treated well when they come to Turkey.
    Just ask the Liverpool fans how their trip to Turkey went last year when they played against Galatasaray in the champions league. :)

6. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    ahh its the yank who attempted to brand englands win over the argies as "pathetic" ROFL

Stick to wrestling you muppet .LOL

Glory boyz???

*shakes head and laughs*

7. kenodoki

kenodoki New Member

Aug 30, 2002
    Leeds, England
    Turkish fans will be treated well in England. We never have any trouble with travelling fans.

But You know full well that when England go to Turkey it will be a nightmare because it will be so hostile. That's why all English fans want the qualification for EC 2004 sorted before that match. That way we wont fold under all the intimidation.
    And my point still remains that the fans are nasty. Two innocent lads were killed by a large group of Galatasaray fans. That sort of thing would never happen here.

The Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United 'fans' I was talking about were two organised gangs called the BBC(United) and OCS(Wednesday). They don't cause too much trouble now because the police are always watching them wherever they go on matchdays. So they haven't got much room to breath.

And what you've said proves my point. It's not football fans but organised gangs. And they are a small minority. There seems to be a view in mainland Europe that we have a large hooligan problem. We used to but not anymore. I would say places like Turkey and Russia have a far bigger problem than us. And WC 2002 proved that we are improving.

How old is the program you watched and who were the gangs/teams were involved?

8. Manny

Manny New Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Denmark
    kenodoki, it was 3 programs and they were from 2000 or 2001. The experts in the program said that many thought the hooligan problem in England was solved, but it was infact at its worst point since the 80'ties. (Remember this was an English program)
    I can't remember all the hooligan groups they followed, but they did follow wolverhampton and Millwall.

Anyway how much do you know about hooligan problems in Turkey besides the stabbing of two Leeds fans?

9. lawley_ENG

lawley_ENG New Member

Sep 28, 2002
    Wolverhampton, ENGLAND
    England 2
    Turkey 0

Turkey 1
    England 1

10. lawley_ENG

lawley_ENG New Member

Sep 28, 2002
    Wolverhampton, ENGLAND
    As a patriot,i'm always gonna give my country the vote. So I think....We will beat the Turks at home and draw away. We have a better team altogether! No disrespect to the Turks but it's true. Ok Turkey got to the semi-finals of the world cup. A great achievement. The Turkish people are well known for their passion, and apart from a good set of players that's what got them there, but be honest....did you think that you were really gonna get that far???

We have a better players all over the pitch (ok we're a little weak down the left flank, but watch out for Mark Prince!! Left sided player from Liverpool who is currently on loan at third div Torquay). Don't get me wrong, there are quality players in the Turkish side, Olazan Alpay (I'm a Villa fan so I know what he's capable of!), Basturk, Emre, the list goes on, but who would you rather have? Owen or Suker? Basturk or Sholes? Alpay or Ferdinand?

What's wrong with the English side is belief. We went into the game with Brazil and showed them way too much respect which led to our downfall.

My prediction is: If Sven can get the team playing with confidence and belief we will win Euro 2004. We have some very good youngsters that are coming through as well as some world class players in the curent squad. The only other ingredient we need is: Passion. Wearing your country's jersey alone should be enough to inspire anyone.

Good luck to both sides in the competition.

C'mon ENGLAND!!!!

11. funkidaniel2001

funkidaniel2001 New Member

Jun 19, 2001
    swindon
    Just look at the problems as well in Italy! The Rome teams, Lazio and Roma are notorious for Racist far right wing neo-nazi supports….Isn’t that why Thuram didn’t join them. Also look at the trouble they caused when Crespo and Nesta left in the summer. 200 fans went on the rampage through Rome, Burning cars, fighting with the police. I am wondering if these were the poor defenceless fans that the English fans caused trouble with for are qualifier for WC 98!? Don’t get me wrong I am sure they were a minority of so called English fans? There to cause trouble, but it does take two to tango!

Dan

12. kenodoki

kenodoki New Member

Aug 30, 2002
    Leeds, England
  13. silahsiz kuvvet

silahsiz kuvvet New Member

Sep 12, 2002
    istanbul
    some information

I assume we will be allright in Sunderland. I am not expecting a warm welcome by the English people there but we don't need that ;we have seen a lot of away games.

For those Leeds fans that were killed in Istanbul; they were unlucky because they did not know how to act in the middle of Istanbul. They also disrespected the flag but ofcourse that doesn't mean that they were supposed to be killed. Anyways next time i would recommend the English fans that come to Istanbul to behave properly in good manners because Turkish people are very welcome people if they are not agitated. For us who will go to England in April we will only support our team don't expect any bad manners but if something happens the way we don't want then i cannot guarantee our patience.

For the game in Istanbul i would warmly welcome English fans to Turkiye for a great soccer festival. Whoever wins is not that important we will watch star players, great goals and the most fanatic tribunes of Europe.

Another issue ofcourse Owen is way better than Hakan Sukur but the thing is Sukur is not playing anymore we have new strikers now. I would say that Yildiray is better than Paul Scholes and Alpay is same with Rio Ferdinand. England is a very good team i admit that with a lot of stars but we also have our weapons and believe me playing in Istanbul is not like somewhere else.

Thanks to all of you for your comments and i would be delighted to answer your questions

14. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    Re: some information

*yawn*

same old thinly veiled threats and predictable crap.

I cant wait for these games to be over so we dont have to listen to the tedious ramblings of these turkish muppets...

yawn..

zzzzzzzzzzz

snoozzzzzeeeeeeeeeeee

15. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, during the 1st half it seemed as if there were 2 Argentinas out there.

Hand of God 86
    Leg of God 02

16. silahsiz kuvvet

Sep 12, 2002
    istanbul
    Monk!!! there's nothing thin especially when it is soccer if you sense a threat then it is a threat.I cannot make explanations individually however let's wait and see whoever deserves will win it..

17. forest.clough

forest.clough New Member

Jul 27, 2002
    mansfield . G.B.
    Re: yes

hahahaha very funny aliyuruk

18. Turkoglu

Turkoglu Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Istanbul
    Re: Re: some information

You will be free to go commit suicide when muppets kick your aristocratic ass.

19. silahsiz kuvvet

Sep 12, 2002
    istanbul
    helal bilader turkogluna bu yakisir

20. silahsiz kuvvet

Sep 12, 2002
    istanbul
    In addition those Leeds fans were not stabbed they were killed in a fight with wooden clubs. I do not remember a stubbing event

21. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    Re: Re: Re: some information

Same old turdks..
    You're tedious and predictable..
    Always handing out threats from behind your keyboard...
    I dont think you;re capable of writing a message without posting some kind of threat..
    You're a bunch of dullards...

*yawn*

22. JoBeck

JoBeck New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Wesschessduh
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ---
    Just a reminder:

I'm all for good discussion amongst opposing fans, but let's keep things peaceful here. Any more comments like the one Turkoglu made will be deleted.
    ---

:)

23. Turkoglu

Turkoglu Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Istanbul
    Any of the comments I made. HEHEHE U are hilarious. Maybe you should look at the post before mine. Open your eyes and see who called who as muppets? Just answer that question without deleting this post MR. MODERATOR.

24. Turkoglu

Turkoglu Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Istanbul
    Re: Re: Re: Re: some information

Same old English. Always call some other race muppets, dicks, dullards, etc... Actually I have written a lot of posts and I have every right to reply to a posts which calls us muppets OK.

25. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: some information

Who says anything branding a whole race as "muppets"??
    im talking about the posters on these boards..
    I've lost count of the amount of times I've read this kind of stuff.

*yawn*