Turkey stuffed

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by Kent_Hammer, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Kent_Hammer

Kent_Hammer BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 7, 2004
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sorry for the pun, I'll get my coat.....:D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/4690948.stm

Seriously, it's about time something like this was done. Although I see they have a right to appeal. Turkish teams (both national and club) have been getting away with intimidation for years, on and off the field.

"Welcome to hell".....Alpay etc. - good riddance. Perhaps their supporters and players will now take a good hard look at themselves. But I shan't hold my breath. The only surprise is that Blatter finally took some decent action.

2. claret50

claret50 Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's taken Fifa long enough to do something about the Turkish National team, and club sides come to that, but at least they've acted at last.

3. hammer_scout51

hammer_scout51 New Member

Oct 19, 2004

Couldn't agree more mate. What p1sses me off is the so called supporters as well. We get a reputation because of the media coverage in part, because of the thuggish element as well. Turks Dutch Greek Italians and Spanish have always been just as bad. Its time any club who's supporters misbehave be banned from overseas competition for 12 months minimum. Not the country but the club.

4. Kent_Hammer

Kent_Hammer BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 7, 2004
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Absolutely agree with you Scout. I suppose the Turkish incidents have been very high-profile over the years and it's not surprising that they have been clobbered. However that is not to detract from the numerous occasions (most recently the spanish mocking England black players) that unacceptable behaviour has gone unpunished.

Mike