Turkey - British fans in show of goodwill

Discussion in 'England' started by sendorange, Sep 24, 2003.

1. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  2. Matt Scholer

Matt Scholer New Member

Jul 20, 2003
    Finally some decent news-the way it should be.
    I hope news like this continues to make the headlines, because there's no need for tension before the game.

3. Manny

Manny New Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Denmark
    Great to hear!

Those people are true football fans. :)

4. roarksown1

roarksown1 Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Playa del Rey, CA
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's all about the hype that the media creates. If there was such a big hoop-lah between the Turks and the English, then there would have been problems at the Blackburn vs Genclerbirligi match today. It's all the media's fault for building it up in people's minds and focusing too much attention on it. That's not to say that things don't happen (ala Leeds), but not everyone is out to get someone.

5. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    The media is basically trying to scare off any fans who want to travel to the game.
    The FA has probably no other option but to refuse tickets for the game..any trouble would land us in deep sh't.

6. Barish

Barish New Member

Jun 28, 2003
    Istanbul, Turkey
    True lovers of the game. I hope we hear more of these news from both sides from now on.

7. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    From what I've heard team from Ankara, like that team I can't spell (let's just call them Gigli) are not as mental as those from Istanbul (e.g. Galatasaray, Fenabache). The subsequent generosity of the Blackburn team during the match must have helped relations further. We didn't play badly, we were being diplomatic ;). Oh all right, Blackburn were *#*#*#*#.