Tuesday's Champion's League games [R]

Discussion in 'France' started by SportBoy333, Sep 30, 2003.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Tuesday's Champion's League games

Lets see we have AEK Athens at Monaco and Lyon at Celtic.
    I think Monaco will take the 3 points at home in their game which will give them a huge 6 pts. just after 2 games. I can see maybe AEK getting a draw but I would not predict it. Monaco 2-0 without too much trouble.
    The other game is tough to predict I can see either a Celtic win or a draw. I think Lyon's chances of winning are a long shot at best. i can't really tell which team is more talented they seem pretty even to me. It will tough for Lyon as good as they are to get a point on the road in front of 60,000 fans. Lyon is in good shape for this game because their last one was a rout so they are pretty well rested. I hate to admit it but I think Celtic will win 2-1. I can see a shootout maybe happening.

2. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    in the style of Alphonse, Lyon got le arse kicked.

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I dont know if I'd call 2-0 an ass kicking but the good news is that Bayren didn't get the 3 points they should have gotten so Lyon and Celtic are still in good shape to win the group.

4. Luther_Gabriel

Luther_Gabriel New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    How come no game was shown on ESPN2?

5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    because of a Major League Baseball playoff game scheduling conflict. They are showing Inter-Dinamo Kiev on tape delay later tonight.

6. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    One helluva game by Monaco, dropping AEK 4-0.

[​IMG]

Two goals by Fernando vaults Monaco to top of group C, 2 points clear of Deportivo.

Still a long way to go before the group ends, but they are in a good position to advance.

7. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    14,500 at the game not bad for them but maybe they can get a sellout their next CL home game.

8. Sildegil

Sildegil New Member

May 15, 2002
    Celtic deserved to win. No doubt.

However, Llarsson's (spelling) fall was an impressive ... dive.

9. Alphonse

Alphonse New Member

May 30, 2003
    La France
    Le Lyon are le moral winners, because they do not le need to resort to cheating to win games, like they will show when these le cheating Scottish come over to la France.

10. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    2 going on 5, good match though, i still think lyon are much better than bayern, i think they can get something in munich, have to watch out that that makaay though, man is a menace.

11. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    He was clipped, however as we had better calls for a penalty previously refused the law of averages was with us and it was fairly awarded.

12. Sildegil

Sildegil New Member

May 15, 2002
    That is a bad excuse.

Anyway, i m not the kind of ppl who said that, because a player dived once, that he is, for the rest of his life, a cheat.

I dont know if Larsson use to dive like this a lot. Is he a new Totti or RVN ? i dun.

Whatever, as we saw, Celtic would have won without a penalty, as they were more physical and in a better mood. But that dive deserved a yellow.

And, for the whole game, Celtic deserved no penalty.