Tue. May 13, Rapids vs. Boulder Rapids Reserve in Colorado Springs

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by Jeff, May 10, 2003.

1. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Thanks. I'm going to check that out and see when they start playing at Pleasatview.

Do we want to have a thread here for the BRR season? Or is it off-topic? Can't hurt to ask.

2. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kind of like covering the minor leagues in baseball isn't it? And if someone is performing well and gets a call up, it'd be nice to have known that they were getting good games in (via match reports or whatever). Not that we absolutely need someone to be reporting on every reserves match, but if someone is willing to post when they see a match, it would probably add to the discussion here. We haven't had too much good news lately anyhow...

Doesn't seem that far off-topic to me.

3. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    The Rapids Reserves have had several of last year's players make it to MLS this year.

Besides Borchers and Thompson, Todd Dunivant and Nate Jaqua were on the team last year and Curtis Spiteri is starting in the A-League.

Looking at their roster for this year, they have some good pro prospects again. Of course, the parent team has no proprietery right to sign them - they still have to get them in the draft - but Colorado should know about them.

BTW, the last time Schmidt faced the Rapids Reserves was in the PDL championship game last year and he scored the game-winner. I wonder if that's where Colorado got the idea to draft him.

4. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    rapidsfan.com will be at all but one BRR home games (June 21st in Breckenridge is unlikely) and will certainly be reporting any news fit to print (and plenty that is unfit)

5. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds good Greenie. I'll be checkin' the updates.

6. The Legend

The Legend New Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Colorado, Where Lege
    I bet my buddy that we would see balls flying out of the stadium onto the road at the game. He said no way.

So we bet $5 on each ball that went out of the stadium.

I won $15, all thanks to the Rapids (2 to Carrieri, one on a point-blank shot in front of the goal).

7. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Interesting that the team (sort of) pumped up this match, but that they haven't yet officially recognized the result? No press release, nothing on the website, nada.

Hell for that matter they haven't even mentioned Beckerman's part in the U23 victory.

8. diddlypooh

diddlypooh New Member

May 14, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    how do you spin a 1-0 loss to a reserve squad? Especially when the team played such uninspired soccer. I would have thought they would come down & really try to put on a show & increase the level of excitement in southen colorado.
    BTW - the Pride U17 Predators that played before the Rapids could have given the reserves a better fight!