TSF Indoor team over at XL Soccer World

Discussion in 'North Carolina FC' started by thegreatcrab, Apr 10, 2008.

1. thegreatcrab

thegreatcrab Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Brighton, MA
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Jarrett and I have spoken a little about this and he seems confident of getting a good deal over at XL soccer world for club members. Of course non-club members can join us as well.

So besides us, who is interested? It'd be awesome if we could get a team of 12-14 people, therefore making the price much more reasonable.

We're thinking a Co-ed B team (cause I don't know about you guys, but I suck :D )

anyone interested?

http://www.xlsoccerworld.com/Summer1dates/index_E.html

also theres some info

2. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    im deffinately down

3. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The RailHawks have a team that plays in that same league, made up of their front office staff. Should be fun to square off against them.

I'm definitely in. I'll get some details on prices for each player but it should be significantly less than normal for members (and probably slightly less than normal for non-members too).

4. Marco R

Marco R New Member

Aug 1, 2007
    What??? a frenchman admitting he's not good at soccer? making it easy for an Italian to find?

Encroyable!

5. thegreatcrab

thegreatcrab Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Brighton, MA
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sadly my soccer skills come from my dad (the American) :D

Although I will tell you I have a 2nd cousin who played in the Serie B for some years back in the early 90s (French side of course).

6. treefire

treefire Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Lillehammer
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kristin and I are both interested.

We both have plenty of experience, but haven't played much in a while.

Everything will depend on time, though.

Jason

7. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, I'll announced something official in a few days and create an online signup, but basically here's what we are looking at.

We'll play in the Co-Ed "B" league which plays on Wednesday and/or Thursday evenings. Registration fee will be $40 for TSF members. Non-TSF members can also sign up for $60 but priority will be given to TSF members when filling roster spots. (Note that for $65, they could simply join the club, get all the benefits, and still play on the team).

I think we should limit the roster size to a maximum of 15 players, unless someone feels we should carry a few more than that.

8. thegreatcrab

thegreatcrab Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Brighton, MA
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    15 should be a good size.

Also I think Carlos' girlfriend plays goalie for a CASL classic team...

I think we need to do some recruiting...

9. NCFire

NCFire Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Chapel Hill
    I'd be willing to play but, like for Jason, the time will matter. Last time I played in a league there (back when it was SoccerDome America), our games kicked off between 8 and 10 Tuesday nights.

10. thegreatcrab

thegreatcrab Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Brighton, MA
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're supposed to play wednesday or thursday evenings (according to the site). That could be 8-10 like NCFire says.

11. rcoull

rcoull Member+

May 18, 2001
    The Woodlands, TX
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You can count me in if you don't mind some old(ish)dude who can't run, kick or tackle!!!

-Richard

12. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To simplify life (since basically, team players will need to join the club to get the team t-shirts), there will be no "non-members" on the team. They'll just pay $65 which is the membership fee ($25) plus the team member fee ($40) and be done with it. My life doesn't need to be any more complicated.

13. ECUNCHATER

ECUNCHATER Member

Sep 30, 1999
    I have no time to play.:( Anyway I have played in indoor leagues before. Make sure you play in the lowest division possible. It isn't fun when you have no talent and lose every game. It actually gets pretty old after a while.

14. thegreatcrab

thegreatcrab Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Brighton, MA
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First Practice / Scrimmage!

Where: Carolina Sportsplex Outdoor Fields
    We're getting together over at Carolina Sportsplex Outdoor Fields on Davis drive. http://www.carolinasportsplex.com/contactbigmap.htm

When: May 9th, 6:30 PM till 8.
    Why: To learn names and break in our shirts
    Who: The TSF team vs. The Old Guard (my pick up group)

15. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Marc for organizing practice. Man am I sore this morning after playing last night. But I was pleasantly surprised by how totally unhorrible the team was :)

I think we've got a fun group of guys and gals together for this. It should be a blast.

I may not be able to make it next week because Max has his indoor league starting next Friday evening but the field will be available if we want to do it again.

16. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Good game tonight TSF. It's me...the goalkeeper with the knee that got hurt. Just wanted to say it was fun playing you all tonight and I'm sure we'll meet again soon...probably here on bigsoccer :)

18. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope that knee is feeling better soon. It's dangerous going "walkabout" when you're playing keeper! :)

We were pretty evenly matched. Maybe we should scrimmage you guys some time so we can both work on our games. Wish I had that last second shot on my right foot and not my left...we might just have earned a draw! :)

19. thegreatcrab

thegreatcrab Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Brighton, MA
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GG sir. Get better soon and beat the pants off of "Wolfpack" when you meet them.