Tryouts

Discussion in 'F.C. New York' started by msilverstein47, Oct 12, 2011.

1. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
  2. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmm...the rumors were that the team was folding just a few days ago. Looks like they plan on collecting some tryout fees ($175) before they announce they are officially dropping out of USL Pro...:rolleyes:

3. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    United
    Scam
    Leagues

4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    since it was the Cosmos who were going to place a team into the USL PDL this season and there hasn't been a NPSL team in this area since the NY Academy folded midseason a couple of summers ago, my guess is that FCNY is going to give it another chance in 2012.

5. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Has the ''Cosmos -23'' been confirmed for PDL 2012 season ?

6. evan eleven

evan eleven Member

Jun 4, 2009
    California
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    so is FCNY folding or no??? i don't wanna gloat prematurely.
    altho the fact that nobody anywhere in the interwebs seems to care if they folded or not is worth gloating over i suppose...

7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my guess is if they do fold it will be the PDL Cosmos who will be taking their place playing at Belson.

8. stupidslap

stupidslap Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why would you want this team to fold? Yeah the front office is shit but you know what I didn't go to Belson to ********ing watch the front office play. I don't know why we wait for the front office to make something we want. If the shirts suck, then we make our own, if we can't curse then do something more clever. We have a shit team but all that means is that we have a perfect opportunity to take control of the direction we want the team to take.

9. evan eleven

evan eleven Member

Jun 4, 2009
    California
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    i don't want the team to fold, necessarily. i was just curious how long it would take 'til any FCNY fans would show up, if ever... if you could actually make this team into some kinda grass-roots from-the-ground-up supporters' team like Union Berlin or something i think that would be awesome and commendable. i'm guessing from reading the Borough Boys' complaints against FCNY that's not gonna happen tho...
    my beef is with the USL and the fact that they have had so many years to try to get minor league soccer to werk, and have failed so pathetically, and yet when the new NASL comes along to try and do it better they feud and try to sabotage and undercut them with lawsuits and talk of teams in Tampa Bay and San Antonio and stuff like that... not to mention the whole Puerto Rico fiasco.
    and FCNY is just the perfect example of the crap organizations USL pulls out of their ass with no oversight or due-diligence to make up the numbers so that teams like Rochester or Orlando or Charleston, who ought to be in D-2, will have crap teams in D-3 to play against instead...
    yet they keep tellin' us in their retarded, misspelled press releases about how they're the most sophisticated and professional soccer league below MLS, it's pitiful! knowhatimean?

1 person likes this.
  10. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Wasn't the USL thrilled and exited to have the FCNY as an expansion team a few years ago ? Or was that mucho bla bla bla ?

11. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    175 US tryout fees for NOTHING

12. Mikeyratt

Mikeyratt Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Richmond, Va
    hello Fraud Squad!

13. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's not exactly like nobody saw this coming...if you paid the $175 then clearly it was at your own risk...shady absolutely yes, criminal doubtful.

14. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    There is video on youtube, saying that about 80 players from 20 different countries were at the FC NEW YORK tryout january 2011

15. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they probably thought they were trying out for "Cosmos".

16. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep

lol !