Trusox Thread - All info, questions, reviews here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Nov 19, 2013.

1. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I tried a pair of the Trusox for the first time today and have to say if you take away how much they are charging for the things I was actually really impressed with them. I found them to be really comfortable and my foot felt a lot more stable in my boots - in fact the grips worked so well I couldn't get my boot off because of the grips! It was a cold night here tonight in the UK and they also kept my feet a nice temperature.

I still think the creator nicked the idea from Totes slipper socks!

Just wondered what everyone else thought of them?

appleCORR

2. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'm a big fan, personally. After being converted I very, very rarely play without them now.

As for the price - I've had mine for well over 18 months now and, whilst they have a few holes in thanks to some of Sunday League's finest wanting to show me their studs, they're still very much wearable after probably some 200+ hours of football in them.

So if they last you as long as mine have, the price is a pretty good investment.

3. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Mine were a freebie - But I do really like them. I like how they keep their shape once you take them off your feet. I also like how they give you instructions to cut your socks up to make room for the Trusox - lol.

appleCORR

4. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    HELP!

I threw the packaging away for my socks - how do they need to be washed? any special way or can I just bung them in? Thankfully they are black so I hopefully won't dye them pink!

appleCORR

5. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I just chucked them in like regular socks - go with a lower temperature wash if you can so that you don't damage the adhesives that hold the friction pads in place.

appleCORR7 repped this.
  6. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Cheers! :)

appleCORR

7. Infamous775Y

Infamous775Y New Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Club:
    FC Metalurh Donetsk
    Have anyone tried the thin version?
    i can't stand playing football in thick socks, and i bought the thick version of the trusocks, and they feel way to bulky for my likings, do anybody know if it is much difference between those two?

8. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was worried that mine would be too thick when I looked at them in the packet - but to be honest, they just fit like normal white sports socks. I think that Jorma may have tried the thinner version. I know he had the long length ones.

appleCORR

9. JayMike-DK

JayMike-DK Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I have a bucketload of Trusox and absolutely love them. I rarely ever play without, and the fit of the socks are amazing. Just recently tried the thin one. It's OK, fits a little tighter I think and you're obviously more in contact with the boot. I heard that a lot of pros wear TWO thin socks instead of one cushioned, but apparently that's the way they like it.

The Trusox should be washed on 30 degrees Celcius (no idea what that is in Fahrenheit, sorry), and with the inside out to last you as long as possible. I still have my first pair, and while the pads are a little fluffy, they still work like a charm.

By the way, if you want to hear more, I had the chance to talk to Jim a couple of months ago:

TRIXTA805 repped this.
  10. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I shall remember to turn them inside out next time - they washed fine. I don't find the thick ones to be too thick. They fit my foot really well although I have to make sure they are properly pulled up when I put my boot on because if they crease a little you can really feel it. I also have been wearing mine with thermal leggings and they don't fall down a perfect winter sock. Just wish they had a better variety of colours.

appleCORR

11. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Fancy throwing them our way? ;)

I wouldn't mind a pair for indoor, as I'm always re doing my laces, or adding another top lace hole because i always get heel lift.

12. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Really you only need one pair if you are on top of your washing! I'd recommend them. But as I've said before not sure if they are worth the £ but if you have slipping problems they would definitely stop that from happening for sure. Maybe you can pick up a pair cheaper on Ebay or something?

appleCORR

13. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Im a washing goddess.

Like you said I don't particularly think they are worth the £££'s

For a concept of sticking rubber/adhesive pads to a sock…

I could make a pair with some nike/adidas/puma white sports socks and put some shower/bath sealant for the rubbery grip for less

14. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Like I said just stick on a pair of totes! :) MUCH cheaper!

appleCORR

15. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I have got a pair of scooby doo ones my mom got me for xmas a few years back aha

16. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Exactly the same principle - I actually noticed that the rubber has lost its grip quite a bit actually after being washed. That doesn't happen with Totes!

appleCORR

rooster repped this.
  17. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    not sure I could wear scooby do socks tomorrow ...

18. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What?! of course you can start a trend! ;) I actually slid in my Trusox tonight when I was playing I think its because they've been washed quite a few times now and each time they are washed the grip is less sticky. I'd be really disappointed if I'd paid for them.

appleCORR

19. pancreas

pancreas Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I have a pair of TruSox but I do not use them very often. They make all my cleats too tight and I end up getting blisters. Anyone else gott his problem?

20. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was worried this was going to happen as my LZ2s are pretty snug - I wore them though and didn't have any problems. I found them comfortable. One thing I will say is you have to make sure the sole of the sock is flat to your foot and heel because they don't straighten themselves out and thats when you can get blisters.

appleCORR

21. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    im trying to buy a pair of trusox online and cant find a white or black pair anywhere . prodirect have them but in purple and yellow i want a black or white pair. does anyone one know a store i can go to or a uk based site?

22. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Try greaves sports...

soulstar89 repped this.
  23. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    the have them but dont state which version they are stocking. i sent a email and im waiting for response

24. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Have you tried Amazon?

appleCORR

25. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member