News: TRUMP: The Official Trump thread (a.k.a. the classiest thread at BigSoccer, I promise you that)[F]

Discussion in 'Elections' started by ElJefe, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    [​IMG]

luftmensch and Auriaprottu repped this.
  2. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think the Chimp thing was about W. I don't recall nobody calling names the rest of his family.

3. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So his daughters never were chastised?

4. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Party girls and were on a lot of memes. Almost sure they were not compared with animals.

Chelsea was called a dog.

5. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So now it's degrees.

6. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    His was humorous...her's was racial! :sick:

soccernutter repped this.
  7. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think either Laura or Barbara were insulted using racist terms.

8. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Being called a "dog" is not being chastised.

9. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Dude, Michelle Obama has been subject to 8 years of vile racist attacks. Trying to deny or defend it does not make you look very intelligent.

russ repped this.
  10. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    So getting back to the Donald. Today's Washington Post has an opinion piece saying that linguistic analysis shows that Trump speaks at a third grade level when he is out campaigning. And then there is another article by a political scientist pondering why Trump has such widespread support among Virginia evangelicals.

They are leaving it up to us to connect the dots.

11. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    https://www.facebook.com/TheYoungTurks/videos/10153447163439205/

You left one key element out...

12. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    A really ingenious prank would be to have lights on in the shape of someone taking a dump on Trump.

13. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quote one post where I either defended or denied anything of the sort. One f-ing post.

14. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
  15. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    "You lie!!!"

16. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35682844

Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump has retweeted a quote widely attributed to Italian Fascist leader Benito Mussolini.

The tweet, created by a parody account and including Mr Trump's handle, read: "It is better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep."

The account is named @ilduce2016 after Mussolini's Italian title, the Leader.

Asked about the tweet in a TV interview, Mr Trump said he wanted "to be associated with interesting quotes".

"Mussolini was Mussolini... What difference does it make?" Mr Trump said when asked about the retweet on NBC's Meet The Press programme. "It got your attention, didn't it?"

Like I said elsewhere, it would be nice if we could say it was an unexpected turn of events but... well, that's not really true, is it.

17. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
  18. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What might be worrying is that he makes a transition to main stream. I'm starting to see some acceptation among right wing acquaintances..

Sudžuka repped this.
  19. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
  20. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Its interesting amongst the attempts to "stop Trump" to see just how week the GoP establishment really is

Pleading with Christie?

Romney is going to go man to man?

I am sure Trump is wetting his pants

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/us/politics/donald-trump-republican-party.html?_r=1

21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]

Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  22. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
  23. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In this first post, you certain minimize that attacks.
    But in this second one, you do everything but actually say it was not racist.
    But, in both those posts, you are defending the status quo as being par for the course, knowing full well that no first lady before Michelle was attacked for her race.

24. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never did I say anything of the sort, it's you reading that into my comments, as you are prone to do.

I started this whole tangent by stating hatred will be spewed by both sides and you are now trying to say I don't think the comments about her aren't racist?

What's wrong with you?

25. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    How do we account for the rise of Trump, at least according to NYT columnist Ross Douthat? Let's just say this could be cross-posted in another thread by a certain no-longer-with-us poster who liked to tag all his posts woth the catchphrase, "Another Obama Failure" ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/o...-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region

What it hasn’t inspired is much in the way of self-examination, or a recognition of the way that Obama-era trends in liberal politics have helped feed the Trump phenomenon.

Such a recognition wouldn’t require letting the Republican Party off the hook. The Trump uprising is first and foremost a Republican and conservative problem: There would be no Trumpism if George W. Bush’s presidency hadn’t cratered, no Trumpism if the party hadn’t alternated between stoking and ignoring working-class grievances, no Trump as front-runner if the party leadership and his rivals had committed fully to stopping him before now.

But Trumpism is also a creature of the late Obama era, irrupting after eight years when a charismatic liberal president has dominated the cultural landscape and set the agenda for national debates. President Obama didn’t give us Trump in any kind of Machiavellian or deliberate fashion. But it isn’t an accident that this is the way the Obama era ends — with a reality TV demagogue leading a populist, nationalist revolt....

<snip to conclusion, wluding some valid critiques of the current president, and some really dumb assumptions as well>

...He is the Republican Party’s monster, yes. But what he represents is also part of the Obama legacy — a nemesis for liberal follies as well as conservative corruptions, and a threat to both traditions for many years to come.​