News: TRUMP: The Official Trump thread (a.k.a. the classiest thread at BigSoccer, I promise you that)[F]

Discussion in 'Elections' started by ElJefe, Jul 21, 2015.

1. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How have we not had one up to this point?

Why do we force The Donald to slum with the other candidates over in the Republican Presidential candidates thread?

I'll kick things off:

Donald Trump Escalates War With Lindsey Graham

The writer buries the lede several paragraphs in:

This is better than reality TV, people.

2. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    The man is a comedy genius. If he wins he will appoint his wig as Vice President. He just don't gaf.

M repped this.
  3. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On Tuesday, Trump also derided former Texas governor and 2016 hopeful Rick Perry, who has likened Trump's brand of politics to "a cancer."

"He put on glasses so people will think he's smart," Trump said of Perry's recent choice in eyewear. "It just doesn't work." And I thought the 2012 crowd of Republican wingnuts was entertaining.

This is being discussed pretty steadily up in the Elections boards, by the way.

4. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, yes, but like I said, The Donald doesn't slum with those nobodies.

JohnR and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  5. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The GOP is running like a bunch of cowards from him instead of allowing his leadership to naturally shine through. If only they were as comfy in their common skin as as he is...

roby repped this.
  6. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Maybe a(nother) mod will go all HuffPo on this thread, and move it to "Movies, TV, & Music"

7. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    And I thought the lack of Bachmann and Palin would dampen my enthusiasm for the GOP primary season.

soccernutter and dapip repped this.
  8. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Republican candidates didn't say squat when he was spouting racist nonsense but got their panties in a wad when he attacked Maverick McCain. The very same assholes who didn't say shit when Kerry was being attacked 10 years ago by swift boat veterans.

mbar, M, dapip and 1 other person repped this.
  9. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Of course, we all know that he's a Dem plant. You do know that, right?

usscouse, American Brummie and dapip repped this.
  11. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    They also killed it over a month ago when they did their Candidate Profile...

http://www.theonion.com/graphic/candidate-profile-donald-trump-50675

Billionaire real estate mogul and television personality Donald Trump announced Tuesday plans to run in the 2016 presidential election, marking the first time he will formally seek the Republican nomination after floating the idea in several previous election cycles. Here are some key facts to know about Trump:

• Wife: Unsatisfied
      • Net Worth: 3-4 presidential elections
      • Claim To Fame: First to refer to ISIS as “bozos”
      • Role: Billionaire who will have smallest impact on presidential race
      • Campaign Promise: Will turn America into an opulent destination for only the most exclusive citizens
      • Campaign Slogan: “I’m Going To Do This Every Four Years Until I Die”
      • Credentials: Proven job creator for desperate people who will do anything to be famous
      • Potential Liability: American people may not yet be progressive enough to elect mentally ill man
      • Vision For Presidency: 50 Miss USA finalists lined up along White House portico
      • Are We Just Enabling Him: Yes

Minnman, dapip and soccernutter repped this.
  12. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    When I was in NYC, I passed by Trump Tower, and out of morbid curiosity, made a visit.

Place is as tacky as he is.

13. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #14 Bill Archer, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    a) Classy post

b) Yeah, actually they did "say squat" but you weren't paying attention. As for "racist nonsense" you ought to read what he said more closely.

c) Kerry deserved every bit of it. If you disagree, please point me to the open source where his entire military record is available and set me straight. If you haven't figured this out by now then you're too clueless to waste time on. The man is an empty suit.

d) Trump is like the comments section of a news blog. I find him refreshingly fun, I wish there were more like him. I'd never vote for him, mind you, (he's an asshole and he can't be trusted) and frankly neither will anyone else, but jeez is this a good time.

e) John McCain is an even bigger asshole than Donald Trump. It's like the Steel Cage Match of the Titans of Assholery.

f) When it comes to anger, your post virtually seethes with an absurd level of vitriol. You need to calm yourself.

14. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    We Chicagoans moan about the size of the Trump name every damn time we see his Chicago tower. Tacky, tacky, tacky.

[​IMG]

15. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Not that I really care, but 15 seconds on Wiki yields this -

16. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Defenders of Hitler's record insist that he knew nothing of the holocaust.

It's like the man says, if you can't find a couple guys who are willing to lie for you then you have no business in politics.

Belive what you want.

17. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Not sure how we got from Americans who served with Kerry to defenders of Hitler's record, but whatever. I have no horse in this race. It just seems to me pretty obvious that if most of the guys who knew Kerry during the War back up his story, that his story is probably right. Now, maybe Wiki is lying about "most" ... that could be.

18. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Every single person on his boat supported him ...

19. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Yeah, well, every single person in Hitler's bunker supported him

[/Archer impression]

20. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just like a sports team, there are always going to be guys (teammates) who think someone is a real dick. I would imagine there'd be guys from Kerry's boat who feel that way about him, not to mention guys who are Republican voters. So you'd think that there might be at least one guy who might not line up behind him to vouch for his version.

21. griswold

griswold Red Card

Jan 10, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ties-politicians-your-silence-speaks-volumes/

“My son’s name was Joshua Wilkerson,” she began. “On November 16, 2010, he was beaten, strangled, tortured until he died. He was tied up, thrown in a field, and set on fire. His killer, Hermilo Moralez, was brought here illegally by his illegal parents when he was ten years old, so he fit the ‘DREAM’ kid description. He was sentenced to life in prison, which means it will be 30 years before he’s up for parole. He’ll be a 49-year-old man, who I don’t expect to be deported. And I just hope he doesn’t come to live in your city.”

"I thank you, Mr. Trump for getting a message out about the nation in two minutes… that countless families like my own have been trying to say for five to six years. It feels good to be heard whether you love him, or whether you don’t, I felt heard.”

Trump is appreciated by some.

22. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not entirely sure what sort of point that's making, that someone that grew up in this country turned out to be a murderer?

usscouse, luftmensch, fatbastard and 5 others repped this.
  23. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Archer back on the scene and Godwinning. Exactly when did the P&CE witness protection program end?

Republicans laughed and threw their support behind the Swift Boaters. Now crocodile tears for McCain? Nope.

24. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great way to start your post...

SOP for defenders of the right thinking.

Red Herring

He's fun? :confused: Are you spending time with him? I find him funny, but not fun. People actually support him which, really, is neither fun nor funny.

Not really. There are bits about McCain that are decent. Can't say the same for Trump. But your position is clear in that you put them in the same sentence and use asshole twice.

No they didn't. I saw the movie.

roby, ElasticNorseman and Dr. Wankler repped this.