Trump Presidency X-like American History X, but without the laughs

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by superdave, Jan 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    good analogy.

2. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    I don't think we spent nearly enough time here laughing about how Trump had to cancel a campaign rally in NH because nobody was going to be there.

ToMhIlL, bigredfutbol, charlie15 and 4 others repped this.
  3. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So Trump is recently talking about mail-in and absentee ballots. Most of the absentee ballots comes from the overseas military bases, I always thought. And I also believe that the military tend to be lean Republicans. The mail-in ballots can be from supporters from either parties. Am I right? This is a question.

So is Trump trying to suppress voters from an area that he might or might not benefit while making sure that another area of voters can get away with the same "loopholes". I went on twitter today.... no one mentions this.

4. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Yes, of course. It's Trump.

Your Twitter sources either aren't very well informed, or they aren't mentioning it because they take Trump's dishonesty for granted. Anybody with a clue in the U.S. knows that whenever Trump talks about voter fraud, his intent is to prevent Democrats from voting.

5. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was talking about the militray aspect of the absentee ballots. :)

6. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    It seems that I misread. Can you restate, because I don't yet understand your point.

7. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He wants people to be forced to go to the polls because the polling places are situated to discourage blacks and browns from voting.

8. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Except that Chamberlain used the time he saved to build Spitfires that helped save us in the Battle of Britain.
    Mueller let time slip by as trump and Barr gained strength.

Deadtigers and SamScouse repped this.
  9. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    #1884 usscouse, Jul 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    The Lincoln Project strikes again with a kick in the balls.

KCbus and M repped this.
  10. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Trump had a go again today at the “Lame stream Media” and their fake news.

it reminded me of Obama with his toast to the press, even though they gave him some rough moments

“ I raise a glass to them and all of you, with the words of the American foreign correspondent Dorothy Thompson.”

“It is not the fact of liberty but the way in which liberty is exercised that ultimately determines whether liberty itself survives.”

It’s the way that trump is exercising or exorcising liberty that makes me doubt it’s survival.

charlie15 repped this.
  11. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Let me guess. People haven't died of COVID-19. Those reports are fake news invented by Democrats to hurt Trump politically, and reported by FAKE NEWS! because the mainstream media exists to help Democrats and hurt honest patriotic Republicans like Donald Trump.

Do I have it right?

usscouse repped this.
  12. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Yup! That and “we’re a lot better off now than we were when I ignored/denied the virus in April“
    DJT.

13. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I live about an hour's drive from Portsmouth, NH. The excuse they gave was due to the terrible weather headed our way due to Tropical Storm Fay. Both weekend days here were sunny, maybe a little hot/humid, but not an ounce of rain.I think Star Trek's George Takai said it best quite some time ago: "Just because you had sex with someone named 'Stormy,' it doesn't make you a meteorologist."

A lot of people up that way were publicly saying they did NOT want him to come and bring all of his MAGAtt friends to infect everyone. The governor, who is a R was reluctant, saying he wasn't going to go. They needed to just ban the mofo from holding any of these rallies. Or let them go to Arizona or Texas or Florida, where there are loads of people who are already sick.

dapip, charlie15 and ChrisSSBB repped this.
  14. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    POTUS is not a Fay weather fan.

15. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, he isn't looking to suppress the vote from the military. The issue is that now that we are living in a pandemic most absentee voters are looking to the vote by mail option. Normally, most absentee ballots are cast at local county voting offices in person, but now with the risk of covid all these normal absentee voters are looking to the mail-in option. Look back at 2016 race and you will see countless stories of election offices having such long lines of people trying to vote on weekends that they are turned away. As @russ said that is the vote Trump is trying to suppress.

16. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The republican senators didn't let themselves down. A belief in their ability to govern with sense to begin with is what results in disappointment. This is simply the first time conservatives have had a blank check to inflict cruelty with the blessing of the White House, that's all. It should have been expected a by a lot more people than me.

I don't feel let down at all. I saw it coming a long way off.

dapip and russ repped this.
  17. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am currently reading the Mary Trump book. It is really well written and very informative. One thing that will jump from the get go is how ********ed up this whole family has always been......
    I have a bootleg copy.....if interested, please DM.

18. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I can only imagine

19. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm waiting for my copy to get here.

The family has always been a mess, that opening line from Anna Karenia is relevant for a reason. There's a great article in Politico a few years back that interviewed several journalists who covered Trump. One of them mentioning that Fred Trump said he hoped the plane Donald was on would crash.

bigredfutbol repped this.
  20. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Fred Trump Senior?

There's almost no way a kid can escape that kind of hate. Helps to explain the shitiness of Donald.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  21. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Al these comments on the formative years of trump has to have an effect on him. But there’s something more with this guy, there’s a real disconnect, something missing I his tiny mind that’s evil.

Deadtigers and dapip repped this.
  22. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    well I couldn't give a rat's hairy ass what the the root cause is, or could be, or might be. who really gives a crap at this point. let the shrinks figure that out when he's effed off out of DC, or is dead.

23. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So he got kicked out of the Richie-Rich private school where his father was on the board of directors (I didn't think that was even possible!) for bullying younger, smaller kids who couldn't fight back....

Day-im! Never could have predicted that one!

Deadtigers, dapip and ChrisSSBB repped this.
  24. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    The fact that our stable genius passed his cognitive test with flying colours and amazed his doctors.

He made a special appointment at 1:30 am at Walter Reed, jumping in his car with his shirt open. Solely to take this test.

Would any of you with kids ask them to try the test and post the scores here. Just curious.

E3E65B87-E686-4975-9BA5-5C9F97AF5CAE.jpeg

dapip repped this.
  25. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Another loss for Trump

upload_2020-7-14_15-53-10.png