Trump Presidency X-like American History X, but without the laughs

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by superdave, Jan 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    The other weird thing is the political party that uses the small business as the base of a social class to be worshiped. Not to mention the subset of that, the "family business" which consists of one competent person and a host of dumb and/or lazy relatives that weigh down the business like an anchor.

bigredfutbol repped this.
  2. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LMAO.......WV, Come for the racism and stay for the misogyny.

West Virginia Governor Urges Virginia Counties to Secede
    West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice (R) encouraged Virginia counties unhappy with the Democratic-controlled government in Richmond to secede from the state and join his, The Hill reports.
    Said Justice: “If you’re not happy where you’re at, come on down. If you’re not truly happy where you are we stand with open arms to take you from Virginia or anywhere you may be. We stand strongly behind the Second Amendment, and we stand strongly for the unborn.”

xtomx repped this.
  3. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If W.V. also takes Easter Kentucky, then KY may become winnable for the democrats.

The plan above would also make Virginia super blue.

So it may not be a bad trade, make West Virginia a super red state and get a purple KY and deep blue VA.

4. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would automatically increase the general IQ of all states....;):ROFLMAO:

Deadtigers repped this.
  5. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    To bring this back to the thread at hand:
    What about the family business with one incompetent and essential corrupt person (putting his name on everything) and a host of dumb and/or lazy relatives?

6. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    He's 2nd generation family business so just about anything bad can happen.

Deadtigers and xtomx repped this.
  7. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Fair enough.

I guess the difference is he stepped out of Daddy's shadow and has been horrible on his own.

His spawn? Not so much.
    Hope for Tiffany, perhaps

8. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  9. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    And I thought I was way in the minority with this. Looks like I'm in the 50 percentile range and growing.
    From the much studied and maligned Constitution so easily pulled apart by congressional criminal lawyers like Barr and company.
    To the Three separate forms of governmental checks and ballances. So easily, simply destroyed.
    Then that farcical mind controlling from kindi to adult, cringeworthy 1984ish pledging Allegence to the Flag. (Under god) While Trump Humps on it.

The end of American exceptionalism? Study indicates failure of US democracy creating wave of self doubt

“Our systems aren’t actually democratic,” said Khalek. “We live in a miserable oligarchy, no wonder people are unhappy.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/th...-of-us-democracy-creating-wave-of-self-doubt/

MattR, Auriaprottu and dapip repped this.
  10. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    As someone raised overseas, I would tell you that it was so funny when Americans claimed to be the good guys while training Latin-american military thugs and supporting coup-de-etats.

It was hilarious to see when the good guy/gal in a movie was stopped at some border crossing (no matter the country, it always looked like Tijuana), and he/she would cry "You can't do that to me!!! I'm an American!!! Call the embassy!!!.

usscouse and soccernutter repped this.
  11. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    In positive news, Whitelandians are not ODing as much now that the Kenyan is gone. Happy days are here again!

Life expectancy in the United States increased in 2018 for the first time in four years, driven largely by a drop in cancer-related deaths and a historic decline in fatal overdoses.

New CDC data released Thursday provides hope that the major contributors to three years of stagnant or declining life expectancy may be relenting. Still, other factors such as suicide ticked up in the past year.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/...cy-increases-for-first-time-in-4-years-109397

12. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Narcan, you can now OD and live to shoot up another day. A neighbor of ours when in Vancouver had her great grandson move in with her and OD’d five times. Just need to have a buddy nearby when that fentanyl turns out to be a little too good so he/she can bring you back.

russ and Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  13. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Collins and the rest of the turd polishers will hopefully be looking for another job soon.

New poll shows support for impeachment in the states of embattled GOP senators

Civiqs revealed a state-by-state poll looking at support for the impeachment of President Donald Trump. According to the numbers, some of the most endangered Republican senators are facing an electorate that supports the impeachment of the president.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/ne...ment-in-the-states-of-embattled-gop-senators/

14. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    An oldie but a goodie. How bout some more travel ban?

President Donald Trump is expected to reveal an expansion of his controversial travel ban on Friday, the same day he could be acquitted in his impeachment trial and just days ahead of the president’s annual State of the Union address.

The expected announcement — confirmed by two people familiar with the matter— had initially been planned for this past Monday to coincide with the three-year anniversary of the original order, which restricted travel from several majority-Muslim nations. But the administration was delayed as it responded to the fast-spreading coronavirus, according to an administration official.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/30/trump-travel-ban-expansion-109659

15. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not going to put all my hoped up on one poll, but this part almost broke my very pessimistic state of mind.

But Voting to end the impeachment should help her, since the President is more liked than her, so voting to help Trump should get more republicans to like her.

If she were to vote to include witness, she may lose support among republicans.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...ernst-chuck-grassley-kim-reynolds/4204297002/

16. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It really does just come down to guns and fetuses, doesn't it.

17. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Almost heaven...

usscouse repped this.
  18. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
    But only fetuses. After they're born to hell with them.

xtomx repped this.
  19. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Yep.

Give them guns?

Deadtigers, ElNaranja and song219 repped this.
  20. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The saddest part of listening to this summation is the need to reconcile two things:

1. It's all true, and it's damning as hell.
    2. It won't make, and never would have made, any difference.

The United States as an idea is dead. I'm not sure when it died, exactly. Maybe it was still-born; certainly there are strong arguments in that regard. But whenever it died, there's no doubt that it's dead now.

Deadtigers, bigredfutbol, dapip and 3 others repped this.
  21. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    America's never been all it's claimed it is. Just was much better than most alternatives. The Let's Go Back to the 1850s Trumpers even consider the modest post WWII economic and racial gains way too much.

Auriaprottu, dapip, xtomx and 1 other person repped this.
  22. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    https://www.vox.com/2020/2/6/21126252/trump-national-prayer-breakfast-speech-impeachment

Trump at the prayer breakfast disagrees with his opening act.

Trump, who waved around a newspaper with the headline “ACQUITTED” when he arrived at the event, spoke immediately after Washington Post columnist Arthur Brooks. The contrast between Trump and Brooks was stark: Brooks addressed traditional Christian themes during his remarks, urging attendees to “love your enemies” and transcend “contempt.” Trump, however, began his speech by saying, “Arthur, I don’t know if I agree with you.”

"'Love your enemies'? What kind of jack ass says that?"

If you think Trump’s comments were a bit off-key for a prayer event, you’re not alone. Historian Kevin Kruse tweeted that “I’ve studied the National Prayer Breakfast a good bit, and I can’t say how bizarre it is for a president to use the moment — traditionally one devoted to bipartisanship and unity — to strike such a petty, vindictive tone at the event.”

Then again, this is very on-brand for Trump. As I detailed on Wednesday, Trump’s initial response to the acquittal was to post authoritarian memes and make a mockery of the entire process — thus undermining the talking points used by numerous Republican senators who expressed hope in the days leading up to Wednesday’s vote that Trump would be chastened by impeachment.

Another "Imagine if Obama" did this moment.

Deadtigers and xtomx repped this.
  23. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The same kind of jackass who can't (or won't) say that Nazis are not so nice people.

24. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ""'Love your enemies'? What kind of jack ass says that?""

LOL did he really say that?

xtomx repped this.
  25. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Trump is writing the newest Testament right in front of our eyes.

Of course he's not really "writing" it but his scribes are recording what he says and creating the newest Christian testament.

Dr. Wankler repped this.