Trump Presidency Tweets Too

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by crazypete13, Mar 2, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Or, they just disagree with your policies.

"depraved" "morally reprehensible" Accuse the other of your own crimes.

I guess we know what he's running on....

sitruc and dapip repped this.
  2. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    When my kids were playing little league I bristled at the idea of shelling out 300 beans on a bat. "Just borrow a teammate's like we used to"

"Dad - nobody does that anymore! Ugh!"

And they all had their own bat bags. SMDH

Deadtigers, roby and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  3. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Projecting is what he does best. That and lying, committing crimes, ripping people off, running things into the ground ...

And apparently yesterday he was going after the Central Park 5 again.

Deadtigers, sitruc and dapip repped this.
  4. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    You forgot whining. He attacks and attacks and attacks, and then cries like a newborn if anybody responds. I truly do not understand how Trumpsters/Republicans think that it's fine for them to heap contempt on people, but if any objects to what they say those people are being cruel. It's just a victim mentality. The GOP has since forever complained about minorities having a victim mentality, but blacks were never like this. They weren't attacking, attacking, attacking, and then crying and moaning. Nor were gays, Hispanics, women, or any other of the Democratic constituencies.

You'd also think that the Trumpsters would wonder why he never talks about helping them, only about hurting others.

5. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Why you think Republicans would act any differently is beyond me. You have met conservative Christians, right?

They have a long-standing persecution complex. All the while they treat people like dirt and then howl when given a small fraction of similar treatment, claiming to high heaven they are being persecuted for their faith.

They kept insisting gays were wanting "special rights" not to be denied housing or work because of our sexual orientation and to have the same right to marry as everyone else. All the while evangelicals are protected from any and all discrimination based on their chosen lifestyle. They are the ones with special rights.

They demand the right to deny people jobs, housing, or service because of a certain characteristic, but would scream bloody murder if they were treated that way because of their faith.

You can't even challenge anything they or the Bible says without accusations of being anti-Christian hurled against you. When I first started lecturing where I am now I was asked to do a lecture on the Bible and homosexuality. I presented the views of biblical scholars on the so-called "clobber passages", citing a range of opinions. While discussing Sodom and quoting Ezekiel 16:48-50, which explicitly says why Sodom was destroyed (and homosexuality isn't in there), several students stormed out. The next day the professor of the class I was invited to speak in related to me the upset students said I was "anti-Christian". At the time I was a evangelical-church going, Sunday school teaching, Bible-study leading Christian.

Of course they think it's fine for Trump to heap contempt on people, because they do it all the time. Of course they consider it cruel or unfair if anyone responds to anything he says with facts, because they do it all the time.

The rot is very, very deep.

Deadtigers, Auriaprottu, ToMhIlL and 3 others repped this.
  6. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    #13156 song219, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    Of course rot implies that these characteristics are something that is alien to conservative Christianity like a disease while we know full well it is a characteristic.

Deadtigers, Auriaprottu and dapip repped this.
  7. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And that is legit criticism. But dapip and the lazy article he cited would you like you to believe he was a wife beater, which is quite clearly the exact opposite of what happened.

8. roadkit

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More like he had been confirmed once and this was never an issue — in spite of being in the public record — and DC being the town it is, he decided it really wasn’t worth this being dredged up. I don’t buy for a second that he is a wife beater. Maybe there are dick pics, or he attended swinger parties, but I guess we’ll never know.

9. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Where did Jr. learn to be nice to mom?

I mean, maybe you're right, Shanahan was never home or the real violent person was his ex-wife, but I think it's entirely within the realm of possibilities that he had been the aggressor too.

Deadtigers and sitruc repped this.
  10. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    It hasn't failed him yet.

sitruc and Auriaprottu repped this.
  11. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Trumpism is a pathology. These people cannot distinguish between right and wrong. Seeking the death of innocent children is evil. Doing so while consumed by self pity is ... man. Freakishly unaware.

12. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    These rallies are just massive, massive grievance orgies.

Deadtigers, sitruc, ChrisSSBB and 3 others repped this.
  13. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    White Supremacist Party!!!

1141393530708885505 is not a valid tweet id

sitruc and xtomx repped this.
  14. roadkit

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From what I’ve read, it sounds like he learned it from her.

But you keep on keepin’ on if it makes you feel better.

15. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    In defense of Christianity, which will shock many of you hearing me say that, it should be alien to conservative Christianity, based on the teachings of Jesus. But then, we all know conservative Christianity has almost nothing to do with the teachings of Jesus.

Pønch and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  16. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think I might back the Democratic candidate I believe most likely to accidentally blurt "******** civility!" at a debate with Trump.

17. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I keep hoping Jay Inslee will get some more attention.

He's been such a good governor here in Washington and he won't have the voting record of various senators/representatives that are always used against them. Inslee, and Washington, were at the forefront of the Trump resistance from the very start - it was Washington State that immediately took the Muslim travel ban to court.

Washington State just made public higher ed free for families making less than $50,000. Something that young people will be motivated by.

His climate focus will also help get young people interested in the election. Someone like Biden will be like a shot in the foot as far as young people are concerned. And Democrats need young people to vote. Inslee can help diffuse the Bernie Sanders effect.

usscouse and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  18. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    It's not a crime to be a sympathizer of a terrorist sympathizer.

Pinochet gave the ok for a car bomb that killed a political opponent on Sheridan Circle in Washington DC.

soccernutter repped this.
  19. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Neville ChamberBiden isn't doing himself a lot of favors.

Instead of reaching across the aisle to politicians who have track records of open racism, how about reaching out to voters who, though they too may have racist tendencies, are also getting screwed by GOP policies?

You don't have to get all of them, but every little bit helps.

20. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Whitelandians? The media did that all 2016 and will do it again in 2020. They still get far too much attention and frankly don't deserve one shred of sympathy if Orange Fvckface screwed them over.

Deadtigers and sitruc repped this.
  21. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4pm in Orlando. You can set your clock to it. And I speak from having lived there for 5 years.

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  22. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Pinochet made it illegal for the Rapanui people of Easter Island to speak the Rapanui language.

23. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1141433228491919361 is not a valid tweet id

sitruc repped this.
  24. dapip

dapip Member+