Trump Presidency Tweets 3 - The Old Man and the Seethe

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Ismitje, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Corruption is awesome

2. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    It all comes down to voters rewarding good governance. If they do that, it all falls into place. If not, then Washington is an unholy mess, with politicians constantly put into the position of figuring out what will play well at the ballot box, rather than what is good for the country.

I wish that I had more faith in voters to reward those who try to do the right thing. I once did, and I don't think that I was wrong for believing that, but I am having a hard time maintaining my faith in my countrymen. Erm, country people. Fellow citizens. Whatever.

3. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like, and probably was at least in part, a deal for her impeachment vote. At the very least, the case of how Trump is treating the New York trusted traveler program makes it extraordinarily easy to infer he wouldn't have approved this project if she hadn't voted his way on impeachment.

When the Dems get the presidency, for at least a period of time, we need to be just as corrupt to show that both sides can play this game We should divert money for these kinds of projects from red states to blue states, investigate the family business of Mitch's wife, call out those empty square red states for being welfare addicts, etc. Maybe not all of those, but my belief is that if there's not a noticeable, threatening amount of counter-hardball, there's no reason for the next GOP president not to be a more competent authoritarian than Trump. We can either rely on the good character of the next GOP president, or rely on a combination of good character and realistic fear that the Dems will hit back.

Deadtigers repped this.
  4. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    His whole presidency is based on this premise.
    I’ll send you the allocated money for weapons of defense if you open an investigation into the Biden’s.

5. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    It’ll be a while before they hit back. They must have a list as long as my arm just of the items that need restored or fixed. It will only get worse as his time runs out. We’re already screwed with federal judges.

Auriaprottu repped this.
  6. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    The country is being run by a 70 year old wasters

dapip and Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  7. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
  8. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Yeah, 70 year olds trying to amass more millions that they don’t derive any enjoyment from.
    Unless they sit and count it like Scrooge McDuck.

9. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Oh the irony!

Auriaprottu and The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  10. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  11. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    He missed out on his true calling

donald-trump-totallylookslike-com-cheap-plastic-blow-up-doll-24699954.png

luftmensch, Auriaprottu and dapip repped this.
  12. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    It's almost as if Trump prefers to work with corrupt dictators like Putin & Erdolf to advance his personal interests rather than US interests

13. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    Alaskan security? Sure. National security? Not a chance. And if they need improvement, they could fit back on the over $1 billion a year they hand out to residents as part of the oil dividend

14. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    All states have federal infrastructure projects. Its a major task of Government.

Ismitje repped this.
  15. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I met a girl who looked even more like this than Trump does, if that's possible. She worked at a convenience store near my first apartment.

Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  16. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

17. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Life comes at you fast, &c.

18. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That's their job, in reality. They're supposed to do for their constituencies (the understanding being that what's good for the state is good for the country, but we can't control what other states do) and when they don't, they're replaced. These GOP guys are going to be re-elected.

I don't know that they've ever set out to do the right thing. Sometimes it happened, sometimes it didn't.

I can't say I have the sort of faith you do or did, and that's in part because I've read so many stories here about this brother in-law or that uncle being a die-hard conservative or centrist. I don't think I have anyone in my extended family like that, not even the Whites, but I know plenty of Whites who do and a few who are themselves that sort of person.

JohnR repped this.
  19. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I feel like half the articles complaining about Bernie or Warren are written by people like this. It felt like that in 2018 too during the midterms.

20. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

luftmensch repped this.
  21. phedre44

phedre44 Member

SKC
    Apr 1, 2008
    Kansas
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ol' Bloomberg ought to take a gander at the tech on a modern John Deere and then shut the fuck up.

song219, luftmensch, ElNaranja and 6 others repped this.
  22. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kenny Mayne, sports guy, makes a funny.

I know this isn't the place for debate, but here are two black perspectives on Bloomberg.

And another view on Bloomberg

23. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    It's almost like they know their party is failing, so they want the Democratic party to become just like the Republican party, only effective.

24. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  25. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would have been so easy to use pics from the actual event, the narcissist made it easy to find pictures no-one would have ever seen before, say having Air Force One "dangerously" buzz the stands before landing - but they can't even be arsed to get their own propaganda correct, they're lazy and don't comprehend "detail".
    Plus, every thing they do wrong they can blame on "the media" (which in this case is them).

Luckily, the race was rained out after just a few laps so today it will take place without the stank of trump on the apron of the racetrack :) Thank you for the cleanse, Mom Nature :cool:

dapip repped this.