Trump Presidency Tweets 3 - The Old Man and the Seethe

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Ismitje, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    There needs to be a whole separate Lies Covering His Lies category

2. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    He needs to be treated like a Grampa who went out for a walk and came back with a story of how he just single-handedly defeated 10 ninjas that popped out of a van to attack him.

1247737553454759936 is not a valid tweet id

bungadiri, blissett and dapip repped this.
  3. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It’s the grift, stoopid!!

usscouse repped this.
  4. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    They aren't here, but they are everywhere. From growing up in Kansas, I have a lot of friends who are Kool-Aid drinking Trump supporters who I deal with on Facebook. They would watch that video and AGREE that he "never said that," even when confronted with absolute proof. It is really bizarre.

xtomx, luftmensch, MattR and 3 others repped this.
  5. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Add Vatican City to your list of countries. Most of my hometown friends are Catholic (I went to Catholic grade school and high school), and they demonize Pope Francis because he is not on board with Trump. I just typed that and have a hard time processing it, but it is true.

xtomx, JohnR and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  6. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, Gardner's problem here, and it's getting mentioned over and over already, is that the State of Colorado had an order for 500 ventilators and FEMA swooped in and grabbed them.

7. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    #2932 Cascarino's Pizzeria, Apr 8, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    There is nothing remotely Christian about Trumpism. No idea how his followers are able to square that. I realize they're stupid. But there has to be something cult-like going on that fact-based humans will never understand.

Chris M. repped this.
  8. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn referred to collaborators with Stalinism as "servants of falsehoold." Trump isn't Stalin, and as damaged as our institutions are, they're still stronger than those destroyed by the soviets, but Trump does have have his willing and able collaborators, that's for sure.

bungadiri and JohnR repped this.
  9. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'll mention that "servants of falsehood" thing again

Chris M. repped this.
  10. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    A little off topic, but for the life of me, I can’t understand why Pelosi didn’t make him one of the House managers for impeachment. He was chomping at the big to do it, and he would have bumped up the credibility of the prosecution. He also would have been a better presenter than some on the panel.

12. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    I get Amash is better than most Rs. But you dont push someone to the side in your party and replace them with an Amash. Maybe in the Watergate era when there was more bipartisanship.

In the end the votes weren't there and Amash would've just received more "you're a traitor!" hate from the loons in Trumplandia.

dapip repped this.
  13. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I will take a sane politician with bad policies anytime over a cult leader. I would walk arm in arm with Ronald Reagan. You bet I would.

The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  14. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    My Washington policy guy reminded me of how different things were in 1974. The bubble impeachment voters were the Northern Republican and Southern Democrat Senators. The Northern Republicans went first. The Southern Dems were Nixon's last line of defense.

15. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If she had done that, he'd be bulletproof in the general election this fall. It's not like adding him would have changed one friggin' vote, and I doubt it would change one friggin' mind. The evidence was immense and clear. Didn't matter.

Cascarino's Pizzeria, song219 and dapip repped this.
  16. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  17. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Presumably HCQ is the malaria drug. I wonder what Modi did or said.

18. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sanders voters are going to support a fascist instead of a "mainstream" Democrat?

dapip and The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  19. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    collaborators with Stalinism as "servants of falsehoold."

Trump isn't Stalin,
    Not fair, give him a chance. He now has the SCOTUS. He has Bill Barr as AGOTUS. He’s working on the IGOTUS. This National Emergency will preclude any elections this November. He will save the US but sadly at the expense of Democracy and the Constitution.

dapip repped this.
  20. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    I know you’re correct. And I know Pelosi was correct. But for some reason a large part of me wants to believe that it would have been different (slightly) if one of their own had been heavily involved in this. It jus may have given a few more Republicans cover...

Chris M. repped this.
  21. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    IIRC about 20%. of the Bernie base didn't vote for HRC

So I guess many will not vote or protest vote and some % will indeed vote Trump

dapip and Auriaprottu repped this.
  22. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

onefineesq and Auriaprottu repped this.
  23. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Not sure how much it'd matter since Amash is treated as a traitor by many on the right. They'd slime him as a non-believing kook as they do to Mitt

24. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    First, it’s not like a starting 11 where Amash would have to take someone’s place (although I thought a few were pretty ineffective). The Republicans has more managers in the Clinton impeachment.

Second, I don’t think Amash cares about getting hate from Trump voters. He was pretty actively open to being named as a manager.

Finally, I know it would not have changed the vote, but it would have lended more credibility to the effort, particularly with moderate independents and recently former Republicans. Politically, I think that would have made a difference and would have damaged Trump more than he was.

25. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Mitt is a good point. He didn’t change a thing practically, but his vote was incredibly important politically. This board is pretty far left, but there are a lot of us out there who are not that far left. We hate Trump. We want him to go down. Having moderate Republicans or libertarians like Amash stand up and do the right thing is really important. Having him actively in the prosecution would have been even better. We are failing as a country. In large part from the clear division politically. Yes, I blame Republicans far more than Democrats, but if we are to avoid circling the drain as a country, we have to get back to, as John McCain so beautifully put it, “regular order.” When was the last time a major bill went through the normal committee process?

usscouse and JohnR repped this.