Trouble in Stockton

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by Paul Schmidt, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Paul Schmidt

Paul Schmidt Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Portland, Oregon!
  2. DavidP

DavidP Member

Mar 21, 1999
    Powder Springs, GA
  3. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    You know this whole thing is puzzling. I mean they have built a "waterfront arena" near the "port" in Stockton for starters. Someone help me here but my memory of Stockton isn't of beaches and waves. Hopefully theres a pretty big river gunning through town to have a "port".

2ndly an arena built for an ECHL hockey team and an indoor soccer team doesn't sound exactly like an investors dream. Please don't get me wrong. An arena was built in Estero (Naples) Florida and Victoria BC for an ECHL team. I;ve never once heard of any arena in the US (or Canada) built for an indoor soccer team. NEVER.

I just hope this works. Because if it all falls apart and they do end up playing in a warehouse like the article says I can't see people in California lining up around the block to watch and pay for the priviledge of watching double A hockey or indoor soccer in a warehouse.

I mean I love indoor soccer but this is has the same warning signs and read lights flashing as the Edmonton Drillers owner www.peterpocklington.com trying to get the Drillers players to sell tix door to door because the real breadwinner in the family the Edmonton Oilers didn;t make the playoffs.

4. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Trouble brewing...

5. HardcoreKicks

HardcoreKicks New Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    DFW Tornados
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And the team hasn't even begun yet.........the MISL Curse?

6. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The San Joaquin River is navigable by ocean liners into Stockton, which has a shipping port, www.portofstockton.com . The local baseball team is the Stockton Ports.

7. KingLouie

KingLouie New Member

Jan 29, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Club:
    Club América
    i can see the Arena out of my window and it looks like the construction has been expedited in recent weeks.

8. FireFanKeith

FireFanKeith Member

Mar 6, 2000
    chicago,il usa
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. OsFan

OsFan New Member

Mar 2, 2006
    aaaaaaaaaaa