Trophies to recognize regular season Conference winners.

Discussion in 'MLS: Commissioner - You be The Don' started by thekorean, Oct 30, 2018.

1. thekorean

thekorean Member

Jan 10, 2017
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Yes, MLS do recognize overall point leaders with Supporters’ Shield, but should MLS also have trophies to recognize point leaders within their respective conferences?

I mean if you do not want Supporters’ Shield winners to be rewarded two trophies at once for same feat, I suppose have the 2nd shield to recognize the conference point leader who did not win the Supporters’ Shield and other leader just get the Supporters’ Shield.

2. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The non-Shield regular season conference winner gets a CCL invite. The winners of the two playoff conference finals get trophies.

3. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm not sure about this at this point, but if MLS climbs above 28 sides, I'd think winning a conference with 15 or 16 teams should merit a trophy. At that point, it's about equal to what goes on in other leagues. At the same time, as MLS grows and clubs don't play each other, at all much less home and home, the supporters shield loses something.

henryo repped this.