Trophee de Champions at Red Bull Arena Information

Discussion in 'Olympique Lyonnais' started by GIO17, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Inara

Inara Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Just to confirm, I plan to be there as well. Please message me if you want to meet up - I'd love to meet you guys!

2. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    I'll be in newark from Friday at noon-1pm on. going to the roma game at 8pm I would be willing to meet up anytime in between or before the game saturday. Inara I replied to your message.

3. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    lefutur repped this.
  4. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'm gonna be around now. Probably Pastor

5. Inara

Inara Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I just got my tickets - I'll be in Section 127, Row 8. I'd love to organize something before the match, so let me know if you are interested! My email - lyon@theoffside.com

6. Inara

Inara Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Hey all,

So I will be at the Iberia Restaurant (my friend and I just picked one) at 12:30 PM if anyone wants to meet up!

7. CoDave

CoDave Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Colorado USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Flew in from Denver late last night. Ticket is section 112 1st row. I'm planning on getting to the area around 1:30 ( that's when gates open at RedBull). If I happen to get there any earlier ill try to make it to Iberia. Definitely open to meeting after the game too.

8. CoDave

CoDave Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Colorado USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  9. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    nice pictures.

10. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    My hope is that people that watched this game or saw the PSG friendlies on TV were pleasantly surprised and will follow Ligue 1 more closely. It is far too underexposed in the U.S. Anybody that is willing to search for streams on weekends of Germany, Spain, Italy possibly will start looking for French games as well.

11. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I hope so too, I was there with a group of 5 that don't really follow French football, and everyone left entertained by the quality. My only worry is that the disappointing attendance will cause Ligue 1 teams to believe that there is no chance to enter the North American market.

I'm fairly sure that PSG will continue to come, and probably have the most success since they are investing in big names and are from the most famous city. It would be nice to see Lyon come over again sometime, even if the crowd wasn't big at RBA there were quite a few people (myself included of course) wearing Lyon shirts. We have a solid profile internationally from the run of dominance and making the semifinals and a few quarterfinals of CL. If we played against another known club (no offense to Montpellier, they have a good team, but right now don't have much name recognition) or an MLS team (which we did play Montreal) we'd get more exposure.

12. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    The first 10-15 minutes of the Trophee de Champions had the French audio on TV. Probably due to some engineer's incompetence, but it made for an interesting beginning.

lefutur repped this.