Trip to Old Trafford

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by leafdolfan, May 29, 2008.

1. leafdolfan

leafdolfan Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'm thinking of heading to Manchester this March to go watch a United match. This would be my first time at Old Trafford and I want to do everything. See the Museum, do the stadium tour, go to the megastore, and now get my picture with Dennis, Bobby and George :). Anyways I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on the easiest ways to get tickets (4 people) I heard something about a hotel package?. As well as any other related suggestions.

Really appreciate the help!

2. israbeckham

israbeckham Member

Jun 18, 2006
    California
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Just come with me and Jeff... We already got dinner resorvations at the restarunt infront of Giggsy's house;)

3. BusbyBabes

BusbyBabes New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Up North
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I am hoping to take the tour in June and I'll probaly have to buy the tickets over the United site which is what you should do!

4. MathematicalOdegbami

May 30, 2008
    you should save your money and go during the season. it's just not the same going in the off season (June).

5. leafdolfan

leafdolfan Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I know you can get tickets on manutd.com for pre-season matches but will it be hard to get PL tickets on there. I'm not a OU member...

6. BusbyBabes

BusbyBabes New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Up North
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've been during the season.

7. leafdolfan

leafdolfan Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I was thinking of going in March. The only home game in march is Liverpool, would it be impossible to get tickets to this match at face value. And if they are higher than face value how much more would I likely have to pay?

8. israbeckham

israbeckham Member

Jun 18, 2006
    California
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    The market value

9. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    I bought tickets thru manutd.com tickets & travel. Everything worked out fine; the tickets were waiting for me when I got to Old Trafford. They're rather expensive (alright! horribly expensive!) and you sit in the 2nd tier over the goal opposite where the players come in. I went in early August (Reading game last year) so I didn't have time to try OneUnited.

I just checked. It doesn't look like tickets for the season are on sale yet. I think they went on sale mid-July last year, and the spring tickets didn't go on sale for a while after that.

Also -- did you try Man Utd USA? They did a tour that had games in it and I think last year they went to the Liverpool game.

10. moonraker

moonraker New Member

Jul 15, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    leafdolfan just sent you a private message. I'm with ManUtdUSA and we're carving out details for a trip to the liverpool match (march 14th) which should work perfectly for you. also, looks as if you're from canada and don't worry, we've taken both americans and canadians on these trips before.

11. MtP07

MtP07 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2005
    Are you Fat Lad?

12. yikchi

yikchi Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    Garden State
    I doubt it. Fat Lad barely know how to use email ;).

13. moonraker

moonraker New Member

Jul 15, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    negative.

14. leafdolfan

leafdolfan Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Hey I got tickets for the Liverpool match - so pumped!!! I'm sitting in one of the new quadrants on the north side (they haven't confirmed west or east yet). Anyways what is the atmosphere like in these sections? the view?

15. MANUTDGAL

MANUTDGAL New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Framingham, Mass.
    I have taken two stadium tours of Old Trafford hoping for a third next April literally took my breath away, it is everything as advertised. Not a bad seat in the house.
    The megastore is a bit disappointing.

16. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    heyyyy isra i need a favor i need to find how much would trip all cost in dollars ...if we get good seat and a normal hotel ...... i need to see how i have to manage my budget

17. israbeckham

israbeckham Member

Jun 18, 2006
    California
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
  18. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC