Trinidad & Tobago - Bahrain (CONCACAF/ASIA Playoff)

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by nirvaanfc, Oct 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Trinidad & Tobago - Bahrain (CONCACAF-ASIA Playoff)

PRIZE - Tickets to Germany WC2006
    DETAILS - To Be Announced

Well recapping WCQ 2006 to this point...

Queen's Park Oval, T&T (9th February, 2005)
    T&T 1 - 2 U.S.A.
    (Keller OG) ...Angus Eve cross turned into US net by GK!

Guatemala (26th March, 2005)
    Guatemala 5 - 1 T&T
    (Carlos Edwards)

Hasely Crawford Stadium, T&T (30th March, 2005)
    T&T 0 - 0 Costa Rica

Hasely Crawford Stadium, T&T (4th June, 2005)
    T&T 2 - 0 Panama
    (Stern John, Dennis Lawrence)

Monterrey, Mexico (8th June, 2005)
    Mexico 2 - 0 T&T

U.S.A. (17th August, 2005)
    U.S.A. 1-0 T&T

Hasely Crawford Stadium, T&T (3rd September, 2005)
    T&T 3-2 Guatemala
    (Russell Latapy, Stern John (2))

San Jose, Costa Rica (7th September, 2005)
    Costa Rica 2-0 T&T

Panama City, Panama (8th October, 2005)
    Panama 0-1 T&T
    (Stern John)

Hasely Crawford Stadium, T&T (12th October, 2005)
    T&T 2-1 Mexico
    (Stern John (2), missed PK)

FINAL TABLE

U.S.A. 22
    Mexico 22
    Costa Rica 16
    TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 13
    Guatemala 11
    Panama 2

(Top 3 Qualify automatically for WC2006 in Germany, with 4th place earning a half spot, i.e., a playoff with a team from Asian zone!)

2. Napoli_Ultra

Napoli_Ultra Member

Jun 9, 1999
    Lorton VA
    Club:
    DC United
    2 tiny island nations with strong British ties, oil rich neighbors, large Indian/Pakistani populations & playing for their first WC berth...

3. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Pakistani? :rolleyes: where did you get that from? Large Indian and African population is more like it. Learn to read before you post :eek:

4. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    HELL Yeah!!!!!!!! :D

5. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think T&T will take the playoff. They have a lot of players playing abroad in the US or the UK. Bahrain does not have players seeing the same quality of club game that T&T has.

6. Saltenya94

Saltenya94 Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    I don't know, Bahrain might be able to hold a 1 goal, or a 1 goal away victory. Or even take it to penalties. But if T & T scores 2 goals, it'll be over like that. Does Bahrain have offensive firepower? Maybe wrong forum to ask. :p

7. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Bahrain so far: no problems in the second phase (their first round), but barely squeezed through in the third phase & playoff:
    http://www.planetworldcup.com/CUPS/2006/afc_gr6.html
    http://www.planetworldcup.com/CUPS/2006/afc_grb.html
    http://www.planetworldcup.com/CUPS/2006/afc_grb.html

T&T so far: easy prelim & semi-finals, finished well in the Hex:
    13.06-04 Santo Domingo DOMINICAN REP. 0-2 TRINIDAD/TOBAGO
    M.Andrews 62
    J.Stern 90
    20.06-04 Marabella TRINIDAD/TOBAGO 4-0 DOMINICAN REP.
    J.Scotland 48
    S.John 69(p)
    D.Theobold 74
    S.Sealey 86
    Trinidad/Tobago through to semifinal round.
    http://www.planetworldcup.com/CUPS/2006/concacaf_gr3.html
    http://www.planetworldcup.com/CUPS/2006/concacaf_final.html

Put early road thrashing by Guatemala aside. T&T finished 3-1 in last four, including the big home win over Mexico. T&T will probably need a 2-0 win in the first leg at home to feel comfortable in Bahrain & avoid the away goals rule. T&T only won one game by 2 goals in the Hex (Panama). T&T have played Mexico 4x, USA 2x & Costa Rica 2x in qualifying; good prep. Bahrain will have to focus on stopping Stern John. Will he score? Will someone else step up? A clean sheet at home & an away goal in Bahrain may also be enough. Go T&T!

8. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Trinidad & Tobago have been working for over a decade for this. Two games guys, come on! You can reach the World Cup! I know it!

9. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    Lol, the only person who was been working for this is Jack A. Warner. And that's with his bank account. The only reason T&T has gotten this far is because the bastard has bought their last wins. Come on, be realistic, Mexico could beat T&T blindfolded, it's emberassing how the Mexicans sold their soul to Warner.

Of course T&T is going to make it to the WC, because I'm sure Warner already payed off Bahrain. Well, maybe Bahrain isn't as heartless as the Mex. nat. team and will refuse his money.

The fact of the matter is that Guatemala got cheated and we need an American that isn't crooked to be CONCACAF president.

10. F.F.

F.F. Member

Sep 16, 2004

Wow.... verbal diarrhoea at its best

11. midknight

midknight New Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Paris
    How much did he pay Guatemala to give up a late goal to Costa Rica, two late goals to Trinidad and not score against an awful US B team? :rolleyes: *makes choking noises*

12. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Yet another dumbass guatemalan with sour grapes. " Mexico could beat Trinidad blind folded". Have you ever beaten mexico ever?

Wait let me answer for ..........drumrolll.....NO..NEVER :eek: Just for that you don't deserve to go to a world cup. Now shut tha fvck up! :mad:

13. Filho

Filho New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    1) Obviously you never read how Bahrain won their Asian playoff...

2) Gutemala 3-Costa Rica 0 after 31 minutes.....hmmmm?

3) Warner bought our last wins? Before that last game, we played mexico 8 times in WCQ...The first time was 1973..we beat them 4-0 and knocked them out of the WC. Then in July 2000 we beat them 1-0 and in April 2001 we tied 1-1 while playing with 10 men for 70 minutes. All of these games were against their A-team with everything to play for. In our first 4 games against Mexico in WCQ we won 2, tied 1 and lost 1. In all WCQ encounters, they have beaten us a total of once in Trinidad in 4 tries. So come again with that 'they could beat us blindfolded crap'.

As for Panama, we've played them 4 times home and away in WCQ all in the last 4 years. We've score 10 goals and conceded exactly 0, winning all 4. And you're suprised we beat their B team.

4) Are you saying that the only honest people in Concacaf are American? Don't get all xenophobic on this site. Not cool. Whether you like it or not, Warner has transformed Concacaf in many positive ways...I'll stop there ;)

I guess we TnT fans have to accept the insults. In a way, I can understand it, that's why I'm not trying to hate too much on anthony85's post. When we lost to the US in 1989 many TnT fans were certain that the US bought the game to avoid the embarassment of not reaching the WC before hosting it 4 years later. However, those with half a brain realized we just didn't do what we had to do....

I'm out

14. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    I hope T&T win this, mostly because Russell Latapy really deserves to play in a World cup. There's also Marvin Andrews, Collin Samuel, Jason Scotland and Kelvin Jack playing over here. (I'm not sure why they're all over here but i'm sure it's not the climate :D)

15. El Tanque Pezzarossi

Oct 19, 2005
    Canada
    Bahrain is going to win!!!! If T&T was to make i so hope they get put into a group of elite teams

16. Filho

Filho New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Well, I'm hoping TnT really pull it off. We are so close but it's going to be rough. To be honest Tanque...if we do make it to the WC, every team is going to be an elite team. Not looking to fight with you, I really want to know why you are really hating on TnT? When you write on this board you're talking to TnT fans. Are we part of the 'J Warner conspiracy' as well? And what about our players...you actually think the TnT players were in on some match-fixing conspiracy? If you really think JWarner cheated then you should be writing to Concacaf and having your say on the Mexican message boards. And if you are so good at deriving suspicion from soccer results, then please look into how Bahrain got to replay a first leg playoff that they lost 1-0, fair and square. Really, I am not saying they cheated. But what they did was the same as if TnT lost to Mexico, but got to replay the match because the referee didn't let Mexico retake a penalty which they actually intially scored!! and then getting the result we needed in the replay. Now if that happened...you could say anything you want about TnT. Well, that's happened with Bahrain...and they have a lot more money than we do...a whole lot more...yet you wish they would beat us. strange

17. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
  18. Davids26

Davids26 Member

May 31, 2000
    I too will support T&T against Bahrain. For the good of the region. I have to echo Scottish Morton in saying that Latapy deserves to go to the World Cup. This whole team does. Beenhakker will have them ready for Bahrain.

Can't wait!

19. El Tanque Pezzarossi

Oct 19, 2005
    Canada
    To be honest Filho I don't mind T&T I like them but coming up as a Guatemala fan is obvious eh so. But Mexico should of helped out

20. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Trinidad & Tobago betrayed?

21. El Tanque Pezzarossi

Oct 19, 2005
    Canada
    good i hope they lose

22. boneypro

boneypro New Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Birmingham
    HOPE T&T win the playoff my moms a trini i doubt it will be on tv here but nuff peoples will be backin trinidad to get through.

23. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. grskywalker

grskywalker New Member

Oct 14, 2005
    Maryland
    Hey dummy at least we will be in a group of elite teams, while your team will be in a bar watching us play!!!

HA HA!!!