Travelling to Poland-Ukraine for Euro 2012?

Discussion in 'Euro 2012' started by Furnaccio, Jul 12, 2010.

1. pylyp

pylyp Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  2. oborzela

oborzela New Member

May 21, 2012
    Donetsk, Ukraine
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    There are some dorm rooms of Donetsk universities available and Camping Park as well. Details on http://euro2012.donbass-arena.com/

3. Yebisu

Yebisu New Member

May 21, 2012
    You are so butthurt.

Poland is more developed than Ukraine, and no one said shit about it being like Norway, it's just your delusions.

I might consider Ukraine ok if I won't have to pay a bribe each time a ukrainian policeman stops me because he likes my car.

4. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't. You're just not very smart.

5. mattplant

mattplant Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Here are some links that should help people travelling to Poland for EURO 2012:

http://www.facebook.com/warsaw - a community of football fans, information about events in Warsaw, places to see, football discussion

http://www.polishguide2012.pl/ - Polish guide and Polish Pass information - Polish Pass will help you book hotels, travel around Poland etc.

Hope this helps!

6. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    on the run from the covid
    Club:
    Seattle
    Any suggestions on buying an overnight train ticket from Lviv to Kiev after the 13 June DEN-POR match? ( Or perhaps a ticket for the morning of 14 June.)

Every time I try http://gd.tickets.ua/en I get the message:
    "Unfortunately, we are unable to find options for requested search. Please change your search criteria and try again."

When I go to http://booking.uz.gov.ua I get a message "As you requested values did not match".

When I try www.e-kvytok.ua everything is in Ukrainian, even when I click English. I think it will sell me a platskartnii ticket, though I would really prefer a kupennii. In any case, not speaking Ukrainian, I'm a bit hesitant to purchase that one lest I find out later that I misunderstood some vital detail.

7. theparish

theparish Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Somewhere in Essex
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just looked on http://booking.uz.gov.ua/en/ for both dates and there seems to be a lot of options. Strange.

8. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    on the run from the covid
    Club:
    Seattle
    OK...seems I needed to choose "Kiev Pas" and not the other Kievs I was choosing before. Thanks.

Also - am I correct in assuming that the "From/To" indicates the beginning of that train's route, and the departure time indiates when it leaves from Lviv? That is, "Chernovsty-Kiev departure Wednesday 6.13.2012 23:54 originates in Chernovtsy, but then departs from Lviv at 23:54, correct?

9. theparish

theparish Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Somewhere in Essex
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's correct. Times shown are from your selected departure and destination points. Glad the panic is over. ;)

10. Dmitry Yerchick

Dmitry Yerchick New Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    About staying in Kiev, I can help)

11. pylyp

pylyp Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  12. fcbarcelona101

Nov 21, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Finally leaving for the Euro tomorrow! Thanks to Corona, Pylyp and many others for their tips and info. Hope we all have a great time!

Good luck,

13. bull306

bull306 Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Could someone confirm the times of the trains I have booked are actually what I think they are (i.e. the issue regarding time differences between the timetable and how the times are shown on UK computers)? I have booked train 064 from Kiev to Kharkhiv on 8 June at 2240, train 157o from Kharkhiv to Donetsk on 10 June at 0625 and train 152 from Donetsk to Kiev on 24 June at 0630.

Can anyone confirm that I have understood these departure times correctly?

14. theparish

theparish Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Somewhere in Essex
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The timetable and order times should now be in sync. Whatever it says on your pdf order form that you will change for the ticket will be correct.

Only a few more days now :D

15. bull306

bull306 Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Cheers, theparish. Yes, nearly there - I fly out first thing on Thursday.

16. pylyp

pylyp Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Thank you! Enjoy Poland & Ukraine !!!

17. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope you have fun. I'll be around for any more questions you have in country.

18. Zaec1987

Zaec1987 New Member

Jun 4, 2012
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    People who have never been to Ukraine - write complete nonsense. In fact, everything is much better. If you come once in Kiev - you will want to come back.

19. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know the schedules, but, keep in mind the ride from the airport to the train station could take an hour and it's in the other direction. The bus leaves directly from the airport, it used to be a big purple one real comfy. I haven't take either in years as I usually drive to kharkov from Kiev. But my preference was always to take the bus because it leaves right from the airport.

My disclaimer is that things will be very different during the euros so I have no idea what schedules will look like plus they are building or hopefully have finished several terminals at the airport. I doubt you can buy train tickets there and trains are more likely to be sold out.

My plan would be to try and get a bus from the airport after landing and only if that doesn't work go to the train station.

uaguide repped this.
  20. ZhLana

ZhLana New Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Fans of Euro 2012 will come to the island in Kiev, where people are beaten as well as living conditions are terrible. Ukrainian public is shocked by reports of Trukhaniv Island events published on news sites. A few days ago two athletes were beaten near the Euro 2012 fans camp.
    For example here is article translated into English. The terrible conditions Euro 2012 fans will be lived in can be viewed by the next link (article in Russian, but pictures will say all).

21. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uhhh what?

dlugi repped this.