Traveling to Germany - Would like to attend a match - Help and advice please!

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by LetsGoPeay, Jan 31, 2022.

1. LetsGoPeay

LetsGoPeay New Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Mar 19, 2019
    I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right area so if I am I apologize. My wife and I will be traveling to Munich on April 2. We are interested in possibly attending the Augsburg-Wolfsburg match that evening. What is the best way to purchase tickets? I've checked the Augsburg site and cannot find a way to buy them. Also, what might the attendance restrictions be. I know that requires a lot of educated guesses but any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

2. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If you ask me at this point as a local resident Im afraid there will be virtually no chance to get tickets for any game as long as covid is still around.

[​IMG]

If there are fans allowed in the stadium is handled at the Bavarian state level. At the moment, they allowed 25% attendance in major sport events:

https://www.corona-katastrophenschutz.bayern.de/faq/index.php

This can change to the worse at any moment depending on the hospitalization rate and given omicron it getting better is rather unthinkable. Especially until late March, it would require a miracle.

Lets say things stay as they are in the case of Augsburg thats 7600 tickets first going to season ticket holders, then members, then everyone else. I cant see people not taking the chance getting tickets given Augsburg have an average attendance of 28000. If there are leftovers, then only before the game and at outrageous rates. So, you guys visiting the game is hardly plannable at this point. You may have to make a decision if the drive to Augsburg taking 1 1/2 hours at least and it is doubtful youll get in at all is a shot worth making.

3. LetsGoPeay

LetsGoPeay New Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Mar 19, 2019
    Thank you very much for the info.

4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München