Travel Time

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by StrikerCW, Jun 3, 2003.

1. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just wondering how many of you people (25 or under) have to play in a place pretty far away, or choose to? And what is the average travel time to practice and such.

thanks

2. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The league I play in is about 10 miles away, about a 15 minute car ride.

3. Nemisis

Nemisis New Member

Oct 6, 2002
    Va
    The league I play in is a mix of all northern va. soccer leagues so we travel around quite alot. I'm not in travel *I quite dispise that* but we still must travel to play games. The most is like 45mins away.

4. Adidas2005

Adidas2005 New Member

Aug 30, 2002
    Seoul, South Korea
    I'm 15 yrs old and my dad is in the Army so I currently live in South Korea..I play for a Department of Defense School..Our varsity soccer team's farthest season play trip is 4 hours away and we spend the night at our location..during our Far East Soccer Tournament 15 players are chosen to travel to Iwakuni, Japan to compete..I've made that team twice once as a freshman and this year as a sophmore and I hope to go again next year, other then that our other season locations are within 2 hours away..very exhausting

5. Anarchist

Anarchist New Member

Mar 20, 2003
    Stuart, Florida
    The farthest my club team has ever traveled to play soccer was England... we went over there to watch some Premiership games (Manchester Utd., Arsenal, Liverpool, and Chelsea) and play some of the local clubs... great experience. The farthest my Varsity team went was to Orlando... a 3 hour bus ride. The field my team practices at is about 20 minutes away, our homegame field about 30

6. gerr18

gerr18 New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    i play PDL and we just travelled 13 hours this past weekend for a match saturday night and then another one sunday afternoon. PDL is probably the most tiresome schedule ive ever played. lots of back to back matches and very long road trips.

7. BCB89

BCB89 New Member

Jun 14, 2003
    North Carolina
    the team that i play for is based in a city 30 miles away
    so i travel to practice 2 times a week 45 minutes each way
    may games are anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours

8. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    most i travel is about 45 km's...

when provincials come i drive about 3-7 hours depending on venue

9. Becks11

Becks11 New Member

Jun 25, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    To practice is a 40 min drive, on good traffic conditions. That's 4 times a week. Matches range from 40 to 2 hour drives. The farthest my team has traveled to play was Italy a few years back.