Travel/Tickets: USA vs Panama in Seattle 6/11/2013

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by wixson7, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Wazzu Gunner

Wazzu Gunner Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Ballard, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Off and on drizzle. Gray skies.

Suicide capital weather.

2. RegularGuy

RegularGuy Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there going to be any kind of march to the match or organized event on gameday?

3. Wazzu Gunner

Wazzu Gunner Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Ballard, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. Huge supporters beer garden at Fuel. March begins across the street from there at 5:15 I believe.

4. El Duderino

El Duderino Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Only time I'm ever excited for an 11 hour drive.

5. MoosefesteR

MoosefesteR Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Seattle
    Well, sorry for all you visitors but the weather on Tuesday (tomorrow) is now forecast for a high of 64 with "increasing showers". Worst prediction in a couple weeks. The weather has been spectacular recentley. Expect rain. And by rain I mean "Seattle Mist" (you Portlanders understand).

This region is a meteorologist's nightmare, so you never know..

6. MoosefesteR

MoosefesteR Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Seattle

Cali?

7. Mglnbea

Mglnbea Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Northern California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Betty, Mark and I are making a 14-hour road trip from NorCal. Nearing Eugne as we speak. . .

8. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My father was a pilot in the Pacific Northwest for twenty years, he used to say, you don't like the weather? Wait 20 minutes.

10. IncredibleStan1

Feb 17, 2009
    Tacoma WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm hoping I get off work in time and make it to Seattle to find parking. I don't get off work until 5 usually. I'm just hoping I don't have to stay late.

11. IncredibleStan1

Feb 17, 2009
    Tacoma WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a question here. I was thinking about this earlier and I'm sure most of you probably already threw this argument around already but oh well here it goes.

They nerfed the stadium seating to ease the traffic between the Mariners game and the USA/Panama game right? But last I checked the Mariners aren't exactly selling out games. Plus its on a tuesday. So my guess is they could just fill the remaining empty seats at CenturyLink with the fans at Safeco Field?

Or if they did decide to open up the stadium then this question is pretty much useless. Or if the reason why they nerfed the seating chart isn't becuase of the Mariners game then its useless as well.

12. GV32

GV32 New Member

Apr 12, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am flying to Seattle tomorrow from San Francisco for the game. How early does one have to get there to avoid being stuck in line at the entrance? Also, is there a place around the stadium (or inside) to watch Mexico v. CRC?

I've been playing and going to games all my life, but this is my first WCQ. Let's hope I don't jinx the USMNT, like I often do when I watch it on TV:)

13. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They haven't even reached the sellout point yet, so the question is mute.

14. IncredibleStan1

Feb 17, 2009
    Tacoma WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No it actually does answer the qustion...kinda. If they havn't reached sellout then they probably were not expecting to sellout an entirely open centurylink.

thanks thoughj

15. Wazzu Gunner

Wazzu Gunner Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Ballard, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It is a matter of city policy. City law dictates that only 67,000 amount of spectators can be in the stadium district at any given time, so they essentially took the average attendance of Mariner games and subtracted it from the capacity of the Clink. That is the really simple answer.

16. mundial

mundial Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are we wearing red tonight? Doesn't Panama wear red?

17. flem16

flem16 Rainmaker

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd have to imagine the home "whites".

18. mundial

mundial Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, I meant should fans going to the game wear red?

19. IncredibleStan1

Feb 17, 2009
    Tacoma WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think it really matters. I had this same question with the 2009 qualifier vs Trinidad & Tobago in Nashville. I'm sure you will know a Panama fan from an American fan...I'm wearing my 2010 blue world cup jersey....why? because I think the ones right now are down right horrid...

20. TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson Member

United States
    Jan 11, 2013
    Weather is beautiful outside right now, down to 10% chance of rain during the game. This is my first trip to Seattle, what a fantastic city... although all the panhandlers are a bit annoying.

21. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heroin sucks man.

22. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Best AO secion I've been to, handsdown. Obviously sounders crew are top notch, drums are key and kept songs going for exteneded period, that's the key. Center yell leader, 2 flanks and one man in the forward postition....ensured complete coordination. Fuel was huge/perfect, bars area around stadium so much better than a tailgate in the burbs. NFL stadiums suck, plain and simple, no geing around that 40k was impressive, but does show our ceiliing for pro-usa WCQ games, and the Mariners ban was irrelevant, in hindsight.

Field seemed fine, can't say enough about the AO section. Kudos to seattle, I'l put this in top tier moving forward.

Wazzu Gunner and HomietheClown repped this.
  23. IncredibleStan1

Feb 17, 2009
    Tacoma WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I was walking to the game and overhead some Mariners fans walking to their game as well. They said it was pretty dumb to nerf the seating at the soccer match to accomidate for the Mariners fans...he said they would be lucky to get 5,000 people at the game. Also the players are saying that Seattle is by far their favorite american crowd to play in front of....What I would do to see a USA vs Mexico in Seattle....I'm sure the American fans would come out swinging.

24. Wazzu Gunner

Wazzu Gunner Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Ballard, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The panhandlers are awful, makes working downtown far less awesome than it should be.

Glad you enjoyed the city.