Travel/Tickets: USA vs Panama in Seattle 6/11/2013

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by wixson7, Mar 21, 2013.

1. MoosefesteR

MoosefesteR Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Seattle

Yeah, a derby match against a decades old rival on a Saturday is outselling a USMNT match on a Tuesday. That's a normal statistic across the world.

That's disregarding the fact that ticket prices are doubled for the international match.

Then you throw in the fact that it's Panama (I think this would be a sellout if it was vs Mexico or Canada).

Again, I'm fine with the ticket sales as is. I think we'll reach 40k by kickoff...

2. Wazzu Gunner

Wazzu Gunner Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Ballard, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saturday night game vs an old rival where tickets can be had for as low as 15 dollars (60 dollars for a 4 match ticket package) vs a minimum of 50 dollars for USMNT game. Not really surprising that the Sounders game is getting better numbers.

That said, I find it comical that people are slamming Seattle for "only" selling 35k tickets thus far. And that number is very unlikely to be padded by large contingents of away support.

3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--

It is kind of silly to bash Seattle.

I can't think of any other city in America that could provide a Pro-USA crowd of more then 35K for a match against Panama of all teams.

4. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not slamming anybody, just saying that using ticket prices as the problem is wrong.

5. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA

Of course it is... it's effen WEAK! Country > club... or GTFO!

With that crappy playing surface SEA has... you BETTER be selling out!

6. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    <enter excuses here>

7. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Steven Goff ‏@SoccerInsider

USA-Panama match in Seattle Tues now not starting til 10 ET (instead of 9:30), apparently because ESPN doubleheader with Mexico at 8 #usmnt

8. Wazzu Gunner

Wazzu Gunner Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Ballard, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Excuses? We are selling 35,000 tickets to a mostly pro USA crowd.

What excuses was your dumbass spouting when Hondurans outnumbered Americans 3-1 at Soldier Field during the last cycle?

FuzzyForeigner and Crooked repped this.
  9. EMarcel

EMarcel Member

Oct 7, 1999
    Anyone know if there will be any open practices scheduled? I know they usually do this for friendly's. Don't know if they would open practice for a qualifier. Just curious.

10. MoosefesteR

MoosefesteR Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Seattle

According to US Soccer it's still at 6:30PT.

11. swocky1

swocky1 Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for your reply. I haven't thought that out yet, its been a crazy week. I'm just excited to make it out for a WCQ since I haven't been to one in a very long time. It better be loud. WE need to bring the energy because I am tired of playing CONCACAF teams and seeing non pro USA crowds or quiet fans. We need to support our team.

12. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder

easy cowboy. I pay the money and fly to most every game. My take was that i don't care what the reasons are or how many people show up. I'm going to the games, spending the money, regardless of how many others show up. Everything else is just noise.

doogiemo repped this.
  13. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh? I've been to all the home qualifiers this round and they've all been significantly pro US. Even the Gold Cup matches were pro US minus the final against Mexico and the Panama games which were either 50/50 (Tampa) or a 80% empty stadium (Houston).

14. TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson Member

United States
    Jan 11, 2013
    This is gonna be my 1st WCQand I have the money to spend on tix, but considering where US Soccer is today and where they are trying to take it, why not offer some $~30 tickets? Seems to me they are pricing out the casually interested fan to some extent.

15. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Been years since I got to take in a Nats game, super jazzed to catch a match live and visit Seattle for the first time.

16. Scoey

Scoey Member

Oct 1, 1999
    Portland
    You should make it fine. But an hour before kick off is not nearly enough time to get appropriately drunk. Leave PDX at 9:30 like I'm doing.

17. Wazzu Gunner

Wazzu Gunner Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Ballard, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like all the out of towners are likely going to experience a typical Seattle Juneuary day on Tuesday. 63 degrees, cloudy, 30% chance of showers.

18. swocky1

swocky1 Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I still have a very bad taste in my mouth from the Gold Cup final. Cleveland at least on TV looked like a tennis match. Just my observations.

19. swocky1

swocky1 Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Haha well unfortunately I have this thing called work and a 19 yr old daughter in tow. :)

20. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gold cup is a different animal than qualifiers which are different from friendlies. Us soccer does well in qualifiers.

21. TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson Member

United States
    Jan 11, 2013
    So does that mean drizzling all day, 1 big shower?

22. flem16

flem16 Rainmaker

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We usually don't get big showers. It will probably be more drippy and gray than anything, if it rains at all .

23. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dripping all day like a leaky faucet.

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    So far the forecast calls for 50's and maybe some drops here and there. Nothing too bad.

25. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If anything those are prime conditions for our European based players.