Travel/Tickets: USA vs Mexico in Columbus 9/10/2013

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by wixson7, Mar 21, 2013.

1. GoCrew1996

GoCrew1996 Member+

Jan 20, 2007
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Thanks. Do you know what time people are planning to march?

2. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have one AO corner ticket for sale $75. Will be arriving in Columbus first thing Monday morning, can meet anytime after that. Please Pm me if interested. Save Travels.

Campbell Blake

3. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    I have 4 in 116 that I can let go for $ 250 for all 4 of them, but, you must be a Yank. PM if interested, I can meet up Monday night to sell.

4. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    wouldn't surprise me if security does come by to do random ticket checks, usually around halftime. I'd say half the US matches I've been to have had this happen (especially since it's not uncommon to have people...myself included...move to be closer to the main cheering section)

5. Dizz1319

Dizz1319 New Member

Aug 25, 2013
    I have one ticket I need to get rid of want to make sure it goes to an US fan. I am flying into Columbus Tuesday morning and can meet up, I will even throw a beer in to the deal too. Message me.

6. DCcd14

DCcd14 New Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Club:
    Atletico Belo Horizonte
    I have one ticket in section 109 I'll let go for $150. I'm driving in and won't arrive at the stadium until about 2 hours before game time. PM me if you're interested.

7. UcanHateMeNow

UcanHateMeNow Member

Jul 3, 2013
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesus my local AO chapter president is getting on my nerves. He's been touting our local chapter AO Tees since July, I ordered mine and the order date just keep getting pushed back and back. "Let's Gear up for Columbus" and rah rah. They finally arrive on Thursday but I can't make the watch party on Friday to pick it up where they are handing them out.

Have been tweeting him to try and pick up and dude is just ignoring my tweets yet has time to post his views about Tony Romo and the Cowboys all night long. If you want your chapter to be represented at one the biggest game of the year then help out one of the few members in your city who's actually going to the game...

At this point I'm just gonna say Fack it and just wear my Dempsey Centennial Jersey and ask for my money back. :mad:

8. Lucky Day

Lucky Day Member+

Nov 12, 2008
    Columbus
    Sent you a pm but did it on my phone, let me know if you didn't get it.

9. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have one available in 111 for $75. Want to make sure it is in the hands of a fellow US Supporter. Will be in Columbus as of Monday morning. Can meet at one of the various events going on. Pm me if interested. Campbell

10. mmradio13

mmradio13 Member+

Apr 13, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What time does the pep rally start tonight? Everything says happy hour starts at 5 but I figured they'd let that go for awhile before the players arrive.

11. alexspepa

alexspepa Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    headed to airport...see everyone in Columbus!

12. NickListerman

NickListerman New Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    anyone know how the AO tailgate works for beer? they have booths selling and if so, how much?

13. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BYOB - Free Beer Movement! Look back a couple of pages for info.

14. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't answer for the official AO tailgate (on 17th and also at 4th Street Bar).

For the USA Mega Tailgate (https://www.facebook.com/events/225104050974769/) it is pretty much byob but as Nancy points out, the Free Beer Movement will be pretty epic.

15. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago
    Picked up three 6 packs yesterday for FBM. My buddies and I will probably get a 12er of something for when those 6 each are done.

16. Lucky Day

Lucky Day Member+

Nov 12, 2008
    Columbus
    Anyone still selling a couple of tickets? Haven't gotten a response from the couple of people who posted last night.

17. dflipse

dflipse New Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a ticket up for grabs. $75 (face value), GA102. Unless you're coming from Pittsburgh, I'd have to get it to you at the tailgate (which has worked well in the past before, and we plan to arrive by mid-afternoon).

18. hirtme

hirtme Member

Nashville SC
    May 2, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sent my cell on DM - please call

19. dflipse

dflipse New Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The ticket has been spoken for - thanks for the quick response. Always happy to help out a fellow Yank.

20. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I might have four tickets. A friend is overnight mailing them so youd have to cover that cost plus the tickets value. Not sure yet until tomorrow.

21. Lucky Day

Lucky Day Member+

Nov 12, 2008
    Columbus
    It's gonna be a warm one:

[​IMG]

Luckily I expect we will all be staying hydrated.

22. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think it will be that hot by game time.

23. Lucky Day

Lucky Day Member+

Nov 12, 2008
    Columbus
    Of course not, but it could easily be 85 with 65% humidity. The point is, it will be warm.

24. Yank22

Yank22 Member

Jan 7, 2005
    NYC
    I have one ticket : section 125. Message me if interested. I am in Columbus and can meet up.

25. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Plus I'm more worried about the alcohol-fueled tailgaters than the players at this point. Bring water as well as beer tomorrow!