Travel/Tickets: USA vs Antigua, Tampa, Raymond James, 6/8

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Real Corona, Feb 15, 2012.

1. MatthewC

MatthewC Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Shibb: are you guys shooting for the south parking lot close to Himes...under or near the big oak trees?
    The weather is supposed to be slightly better...or said another way, not as bad as today. Rain will affect the walk-ups...people where on the fence about going with kids..etc...

2. Wes.AOAbq

Wes.AOAbq New Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nope I was there I had a yellow New Mexico flag with me. We could have meet in Phx. But I am going over to Worlds of beer then over to the bar. Look for a guy in an away red jersey with new Mexico on the back.

3. Evan51838

Evan51838 Member

May 31, 2006
    Albany NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is anyone else going to the training session at Raymond James tonight? I'm staying at the AO hotel downtown, but have no way to get over there, and I don't really want to pay for a cab myself, would much rather split it.

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Member

Apr 28, 2011
    over 20,000 tickets sold so far it will hit 25,000 for sure

5. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Evan,I work in Ybor City,just outside of downtown Tampa. I can swing by and pick you up. What hotel are you staying at?

Evan51838 repped this.
  6. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everyone who said Tampa was a bad choice at any point please now apologize.

I apologize.

7. Dr. Gamera

Dr. Gamera Member+

Oct 13, 2005
    Wheaton, Maryland
    Not sure if I said it, but I definitely thought it. I apologize for even thinking it.

8. zenryan

zenryan Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Orlando,Fl

Big Tampa sports radio host Steve Duemig has been hyping up the match a lot on his 3pm-7pm show. Had Klinnsman on a few weeks back, Phil Schoen yesterday and Dempsey on today.

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Member

Apr 28, 2011
    This looks like a nice turnout lets just hope the weather holds up

10. It's raining cats and dogs and pigs and horses right now. Think Columbus 2009 only 50 degrees warmer and the storm lasting longer. I heard these are just bursts, but I had a lot of weather delays arriving today, too, so it may just be an unlucky weather weekend.

Let's hope it's not this bad for the training session, tonight at MacDintons, or tomorrow.

11. MatthewC

MatthewC Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    sky is clearing and may stay that way long enough for public practice tonight. If it's still dumping and raining, it will probably turn into a mass autograph session in Ray Jay concourses. That might not be a bad thing....

12. RitztotheRubble

RitztotheRubble Member+

Apr 15, 2011
    just cracked and bought tickets. couldn't believe how few sections still had tickets up for sale. nice to see a good crowd will be on hand, but i have to say these prices are ridiculous for a game against an island nation. i guess in tampa they knew that the soccer-starved public would be willing to pay outrageous amounts to see anything. at least 5 goal win now please.

13. G Dawg

G Dawg Member

Apr 28, 2011
    lol cause all the cheap tickets are gone!!! should of bought earlier =)

14. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Practice was cancelled because the weather sucks.

15. G Dawg

G Dawg Member

Apr 28, 2011
  16. RitztotheRubble

RitztotheRubble Member+

Apr 15, 2011
    i did buy "cheap" tickets.;)

17. MatthewC

MatthewC Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Club:
    Fulham FC
  18. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    I am not apologizing because I think the atmosphere would have been better in a more intimate MLS stadium.

That said, Tampa/people in the Florida area have really responded. Well done to them and well done to the USSF.

19. RitztotheRubble

RitztotheRubble Member+

Apr 15, 2011
    hope everyone who came from out of the area have enjoyed the time. rain in the summer isn't shocking at all, but for it to rain for almost a week straight like it has is incredible.

20. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even for Florida in the rainy season this past week has been brutal. Bummer that it played out like this. But 24k on a rainy Friday night vs a tiny island nation should be applauded.

The atmosphere was just fine. Entire lower bowl was full and if the weather had been better I think we might have seen a really good walk up.

21. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. If the weather would of been nicer,I'm sure that we would of drawn close to 30K.
    Kudos to all the fan's who showed up and supported our boy's.

22. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks to whoever cooked that pork stuff. Was delicious

23. Wes.AOAbq

Wes.AOAbq New Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    My tirp from New Mexico was so worth it

24. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    I have a question about AO tailgates. If I know people (which I do sometimes), I have no problem partaking in eating during the tailgate. But there are occasions, like Friday, when I don't know anyone and I find it awkward to just go and start eating. That and not wanting to get told who are you? What's best way to go about this?

25. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    And even then, it's okay to just go up and start eating and drinking without saying anything? It's a dynamic I haven't figured out much yet.