Travel/Tickets: USA versus Spain, Foxborough, 6/4/2011

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by thethinwhiteduke, Mar 25, 2011.

1. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ticket deadline for supporters seats through AO is May 8, 10:00pm eastern.
    Parking and bus passes for the AO lot will be available for a bit longer.

2. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All the info is now up on the website:
    http://www.boston.theamericanoutlaws.com/2011/04/18/usa-v-spain/

The address for the supporters lot is:

W. C. Motorsport (that’s the lot)
    59 Washington Street (Route 1)
    Foxborough‎ MA

If your group or chapter is sending a bus have them contact me. AO members and chapters will get priority as there is a limited amount of space for buses in our lot.

3. thecastigador

thecastigador Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Boston (JP)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. ForzaGialloneri

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry if this question has already been answered but is it known for sure yet if the Supporters Section will be GA or assigned? Trying to coordinate with our group that's going and wanted to make sure we don't all buy separately if it's not GA.

5. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USSF has told AO that the sections will be GA. Though based on our knowledge of the stadium security that may change as they have a tendency to do that. Anyway, I would plan for GA.

6. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome Bus 2.0
    USA v SPAIN

[​IMG]

Join us June 4th, 2011 for
    Awesome Bus 2.0: Cruise Control.

Those of you who joined us last time got to see Stu Holden smash in a late goal to earn a point for Yanks B-side against a surprising Haiti side.

This time the stakes have been raised. The United States are taking on Spain, the number one team in the world, and they will need all the support they can get as the prepare for the 2011 Gold Cup.

We will be departing from the Phoenix Landing in Cambridge and the Banshee Pub in Dorchester no later than 11:30 and arriving at the American Outlaws tailgate across the street from Gillette Stadium at 12:30. The buses will then be returning to the bars about 30 minutes after the match.

You can reserve your spot on a bus from either bar for $25. How?

Just send $25 to americanoutlawsboston@gmail.com via PayPal and during the purchase indicate which bar you will be getting the bus at.

Banshee Pub
    934 Dorchester Ave.
    Dorchester, MA
    JFK/UMass stop on the Red Line
    www.bansheeboston.com

Phoenix Landing
    512 Mass Ave.
    Cambridge, MA
    Central Sq. stop on the Red Line
    www.phoenixlandingbar.com

Please sign-up now as these will fill up. There is intense interest in these buses not just from you, our local members, but from US fans flying in from around the country for the game. The buses are scheduled to leave the bars no later than 11:30 am and return to the bars no later than 9:00pm.

Tailgate
    AO is putting on a great tailgate for this event. Food will be provided for all AO members in the lot for free, though donations are appreciated. Also, due to very strict Foxboro liquor laws the tailgate will be BYOB. WE WILL NOT BE PROVIDING BOOZE! So stock up before you get on the bus (there is a liquor store next to the Banshee and a few within walking distance on Mass Ave. near the Phoenix Landing).

7. ferret389

ferret389 New Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    anyone else having problems with the ticketmaster server? this is so nerve wracking

8. arydolphin

arydolphin New Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Due to some overzealous ticket-buying on my part via myself and a friend during the presale today, I have 2 extra tickets in Section 128 that I will not be using for this game. I'm not looking to make any money on these seats, would just like to sell them for what I paid for them. If you're interested, PM me. Apologies if this is the wrong place to put this post.

9. BatigoL5

BatigoL5 Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably still early but any word of the team Spain will be brining for this game? I really hope it is their A team.

10. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Root for Barcelona to lose to Real Madrid in the UCL Semi-Finals. Villa, Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol and Pique will be more likely to play (in my opinion) if they don't have an enormous cup match to play in a few days earlier.

11. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, though most of the back-ups are worth seeing as well. There are plenty of non-Barca stars from Spain.

Ilker Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Xabi Alonso, Cesc Fabregas, Raul Albiol, Fernando Llorente, Fernando Torres, and David Silva to just name a few...

12. ToysForBots

ToysForBots New Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Considering Arsenal's season in the EPL, I'm betting that Cesc will most likely be playing.

13. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very true. In fact, my three favorite Spanish players (Ramos, Casillas, Alonso) all play for Real Madrid. But Barcelona has Spain's top two defenders (including the most recognizable guy on the field in Puyol), top two midfielders, and most potent forward. I can only assume that's the star studded cast that everyone want's to see.

But reality is, if you just wanna see great soccer, Spain could field a C team that overflows with talent.

14. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pique is worth the price of admission alone. Best center back in the world in my opinion. he can do it all.

It would be nice to taunt Torres if he still hasn't scored by early June as well.

15. ToysForBots

ToysForBots New Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I personally already have a chant ready and waiting in case any of La Roja decide to take a blatant dive.

I'm really excited to see them, though, no matter what team they're fielding. This is going to be a fantastic match.

16. senorhenriquez

Aug 5, 2009
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

17. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ussoccer U.S. SOCCER
    USA-Spain one of the hottest tickets in #USMNT history. Already 31,000 sold for June 4 in Foxborough! http://bit.ly/USAESPtix
    37 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

18. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
  19. senorhenriquez

Aug 5, 2009
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good! Pretty sure the US support will be in full force that day! 2-1 US, I'm calling it RIGHT NOW.

20. ToysForBots

ToysForBots New Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Caught you diving
    Caught you diving
    Caught you diving on the pitch
    We can see Fernando Torres
    falling like a little b*tch

Also, 31,000 tickets sold already? Holy crap, this is going to be epic. I wonder how soon it will sell out.

21. senorhenriquez

Aug 5, 2009
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be honest, I really doubt Torres will get called up after having such a garbage season. We can still use this chant for most of the other Spanish players though (Xavi, Iniesta, Pique, Busquets, Villa in particular)

22. Shabs

Shabs Member

Jun 19, 2002
    NYC
    Was anyone able to get upper level seats anywhere? Ive been trying since yesterdays presale, and nothing comes up, even for 1 ticket.

23. ToysForBots

ToysForBots New Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He was in the gif, so I modified it for him, but it was originally written with Villa in mind, lol.

24. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our buses from Boston are already halfway full so if you want to get on the bus buy your spot now!

25. Mibabalou

Mibabalou Member

Dec 7, 2009
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys are assuming these 31,000 are US fans, my guess its 25,000 Spain "fans" who just love Villa, Torres Ect. And a few US fans, all i know is im ready to laugh at some Eurosnobs.