Travel/Tickets: USA versus Spain, Foxborough, 6/4/2011

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by thethinwhiteduke, Mar 25, 2011.

1. rightmf7

rightmf7 New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Brandon, MS
    I am confused I just ordered the USA vs Spain ticket through American Outlaws, but I am also a member of the United States Soccer Suppoters from ussoccer.com. Is there any difference in buying your ticket through AO than US supporters, like price and seat location?

Thx for any helpful comments

2. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Official group, USSC, dosen't really organize tailgates, events, etc. I was a member for a year and i don't really see what the point is if i plan on sitting in the supporters section. AO is organizing the tailgate, parking, the tifo, and most of the buses for this game.

The prices for membership are:
    USSC is like $50 or whatever
    AO is $20

3. rightmf7

rightmf7 New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Brandon, MS
    Thx for quick reply.

I am trying to sort out my flights. I want to stay in New York for one night and Boston for one night. Since the game is on a Saturday, afternoon what day would be the best day to party in boston with usa supporters, Friday night before the game, or Saturday night?

4. Pinowski AP

Pinowski AP Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Friday night

5. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think so as we have been told the section will be GA by US Soccer. I would buy your tickets or this game ASAP.

6. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the Banshee in Dorchester.

7. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like I have to wait until next Friday to get my tix for both the GC final and this game. Pay day, ya know?

8. BatigoL5

BatigoL5 Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to see the tickets go on sale soon.

Anyone know if there will be a Visa presale?
    I tried to look but didn't see any.

Anyone willing to share the password for the USSSC presale?:):)

I know AO has their tickets but if I go with family, we can't sit there...

9. TommyCarcetti

TommyCarcetti Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    US Soccer Supporters Club has tickets for $50 for this match

10. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That they do but they don't organize events other than a walk on the field after the game.

11. Gotons

Gotons New Member

Apr 13, 2011
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Anyone know if the train will be running like it does for Patriots games? If not, will there be some AO transportation from Banshee Pub or something? My brother and I will be flying in from Nashville and without wheels.

12. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No clue about the train from Boston but I wouldn't count on it. They rarely use it for soccer matches.

There will be a Bus from the Banshee in Dorchester on the day of the match that will take from there right to the AO tailgate at Gillette.

There will be more information on this soon. We're finalizing prices...

13. ToysForBots

ToysForBots New Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I can understand not running the trains for Revolution games, but this is a friendly between the USA and the team that won the world cup. I'd be surprised if this game doesn't sell out, or at least get close to it. I'm guessing the trains will probably running for an event as big as this one, but we'll have to wait for more info to come out.

14. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not 100% on this but I don't think they ran the train for the well attended Inter v AC Milan and the Brazil v Mexico matches.

There is a lot that goes into getting those lines cleared for a one-off match like this apparently.

I wish they ran the trains but I'm not expecting them to do it for the Spain match.

15. Gotons

Gotons New Member

Apr 13, 2011
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    As long as I can get there from Boston, I'm good. Don't care if I have to bungee cord myself to the top of a vehicle.

16. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We'll get you there.

17. Pinowski AP

Pinowski AP Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Boston isn't running trains to the stadium, I hope you guys have a big bus. :D

18. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright I said screw it and bought my US vs Spain AND my GC Final tickets. Anyone wanna hang out in Boston or LA, shoot me a PM.

19. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be at both!

20. Br1an224

Br1an224 New Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Please let me know what the details are! Myself and my best friend are coming out for the microbrewery festival ( http://beeradvocate.com/acbf/ ) on Friday then heading to the Banshee with y'all. We definitely need some sober transport to and from the match though!

21. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotcha. Sounds like a fun weekend, huh?

The details are achingly close to being finalized.

22. Pinowski AP

Pinowski AP Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As we get closer to the game, let's do a roll call of people going to the beer fest...I am going with at least 3 friends. Let's all meet up. The Free Beer Movement might even be there too.

23. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People looking to help plan the tailgate should contact BigSoccer user jrkumor as she is organizing a meeting next Monday at Bar Louie at Patriot Place cat 6:30pm.

24. ToysForBots

ToysForBots New Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I've got a pretty large group of friends that I'll be meeting up with, and I know a few of them are definitely in for the brewfest on Friday night. I'll definitely be needing sober transport for the game as well, if trains aren't running!

25. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    After two successful bus trips to the Meadowlands to support the United States National Team, it is time to give Foxboro some love and go to Gillette Stadium to support the red, white, and blue!

On Saturday, June 4 AO Hartford will be running a bus to Gillette Stadium for the US-Spain match at 4:30 pm. In order to bring as many of us together, the bus will be making two pick-ups, one in New Haven and one in Hartford. Our planned itinerary is as follows...

Saturday, June 4

Leave New Haven @ 10:30 AM
    Leave Hartford @ 11:30 AM
    Arrive Gillette Stadium @ 1:30 PM
    Kick Off at 4:30 pm
    depart Gillette @ 7:30 PM
    Arrive Hartford @ 9:30 PM
    Arrive New Haven @ 10:30 PM

For the cost of $95, you will get a game ticket in the Fort with the American Outlaws, a seat on a Peter Pan coach bus, a professional and sober driver behind the wheel, 4 hours to tailgate with the Outlaws, and a safe ride home with a professional and sober driver.

If you want to purchase just a bus ride, cost is $45. If you want just a ticket, tickets are selling for $52.

Have a group of friends who are interested in going? To encourage you to bring everyone you know, AO Hartford will be giving a New Castle Brown Ale mini-keg to the person who buys the most bus seats on this trip! And yes, you can drink it on the bus ride to the game.

Payment can be made via paypal to Mike Lawlor, chapter president at wolfp10@gmail.com, or by check or cash by contacting Mike directly.

The AO New England chapters are giving everything they got into this match, let's show them how we can support the United States!