Travel/Tickets: USA versus Mexico in Philly 8/10/2011

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by thethinwhiteduke, Jul 6, 2011.

1. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Fu@ken idiots.....

2. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

Wow, only 20,000 tickets sold so far? In the Bay Area we would have sold this game out awhile ago.

3. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Move America...

4. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    I'm sure is a combination of being a wednesday night and they having just met for something slightly more significant than a friendly and also that many people don't want to get burned how it happened with the Spain friendly in MA. Also, philly just had a near sell out last week for Union vs Real Madrid so I'm sure money might be an issue. Also, I find that prices for US friendlies are WAY TOO HIGH. come on, they are friednlies, is basically scrimage games, why charge so much. greedy bastards.

5. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Philly seems an odd place for an obvious cash cow game.

6. peridigm

peridigm Member

Apr 19, 2007
    MD
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to know this as well.

7. dcsundevil2002

Apr 20, 2006
    Ashburn, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would also like to think that if the same kick off time was used (9pm EST) that would mean that the PST kick off time would have made it more of a travel friendly game time.

I have my ticket and will be going, 9pm start or not. I do understand the other logistical issue for other people though, i just didn't care enough to let them influence my choice of attending. Hell, I will be up in Philly this weekend for UFC 133, returning to DC on Sunday, then heading right back up on Wednesday for the Mexico match.

8. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    If anyone has an extra ticket for free let me know. Wednesday at 9pm..... What a crock....

9. Evan51838

Evan51838 Member

May 31, 2006
    Albany NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just found out I got this night off, although I will have to travel from upstate NY. Does anyone know what the supporter section is? I'll likely have to get tix from stubhub, if I end up going.

10. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Section 111, which is GA

11. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I live in Toronto and went to the Spain Friendly, Canada-USA in Detroit and the GC Quarter-Finals in Washington. I had not plains for going to this game until I realized I was going to be in DC for the week with friends so I am just shooting up for the day. I think being on a Wednesday night, a 9 pm start and the fact they just played each as stated above on a much bigger stage attendance is going to be effected.

I really do not look at this game as a cash cow game, Mexico is really not a glamour opponent in my eyes for the casual observer. Now if is were Italy, England, Germany etc. that would be a different story.

12. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    well it is a cash cow because the organizers just like the gold cup organizers know that where mexico plays in the US it will be packed. problem is they missed some elements. Mexico has had friendlies in the middle of the week to almost sell out crowds like Atlanta before the gold cup but this is 2 teams that played each other a month ago for something that actually mattered and prices are high especially for those that did see mexico in the gold cup for much cheaper. I don't know how much Mexico friendlies are in the US when they play here against other nations not named US, i would imagine is cheaper than a USMNT game but I'm only guessing.

13. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where do the US hold practices?

14. nandoal28

nandoal28 Member

Feb 22, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last time through they practiced at PPL Park the night before.

And where does the USMNT stay while in Philly?

15. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Still looking for a freebie ticket to the game....

16. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    why not just buy one. I hear there are plenty available.

17. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    So I can turn the ticket $$ into transportation $.....

18. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any chance of myself getting entrance?

19. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still surprised this cash cow game wasn't held in Mexico, also known as AZ.

20. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

You are kidding right? They are a way bigger hit in the states than Italy, England, Germany, etc.

Like I stated before, this game in NorCal would have soldout awhile ago. We have sold out Mexico / Ecuador, Mexico / Sweden, etc weeks in advance the last couple years.

21. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AZ, the Bay Area, & Seattle all deserve a game.

22. slitz

slitz Member+

Feb 19, 2005
    Red City, 140
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    but that game was at PPL Park. last 2 times they played at the Linc, they practiced at the Nova care center (where the eagles practice). i imagine that would be the same since the eagles are still out of town for camp. there is no access for fans there

23. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    there is a training session open to USSSC members the day before at Rhodes Field on the Penn campus....

24. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    55 dollars eh? Damnit, I want to go to one of these practices.

Anyone who's going, I'd appreciate if you could help me get in or get me my Landon Donovan jersey signed. I'd throw you 10$ haha

25. phillyfan593

phillyfan593 Member

Jul 20, 2011
    does anyone know what hotel USA soccer team stayed at last time in philly?