Travel/Tickets: USA versus Jamaica in Kingston 9/7/2012

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by GOREVS3000, Nov 21, 2011.

1. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, how did it go?

2. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    thought it was a good crowd and a great atmosphere within the stadium. the AO bus from montego bay got a bit delayed on the roads (there was talk of a fatal accident that stopped them for two hours) but the bus met up with some others of us at the Alhambra Inn.

before, during and after the match the atmosphere was competitive but friendly from the jamaicans. a few of us walked back to the hotel in Kingston (about 3-3.5 km) to avoid the traffic and met nothing but some good natured taunting.

PCFC and Golazo repped this.
  3. PCFC

PCFC Member

May 13, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Newry City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is about right. This was my first away game and I've had many more hostile experiences in the states. Overall, everyone was laid-back and good-natured before the game and were anxious to celebrate after. After the game, I had a great conversation with a 10-year old kid telling me Klinsmann is playing Dempsey out of position (I wanted to send his resume to Sunil). Overall, it was a great experience but just wish we had a better result.

4. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Just like sex. We thought we were going to go for 90 minutes, but we thought we went for 25 when really it was just a good 60 seconds.

PCFC repped this.