Travel/Tickets: USA versus Honduras in San Pedro Sula, Honduras (10/10/2009)

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by swkfilms, Jun 30, 2009.

1. iad_22201

iad_22201 Member+

Jan 2, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just received an email from US Soccer. Honduras tickets arrived at their offices today. They are sending them out today by overnight delivery.

2. Lpool518

Lpool518 New Member

Sep 22, 2009

I just got the same and was able to catch them before they shipped it to my home address. They are sending via UPS which usually requires a signature. (I rerouted mine to my work addy).

3. ctown80

ctown80 New Member

Sep 10, 2009
    South Dakota
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frank,

Do not worry about anything special for the Nebraska game, you have done plenty already as far as making this trip as easy as possible for most of us coming down there.

Wayne,

I like your original red shirt idea, and I would get an XXL from you whatever the price is. Are you still catching the flights on Thursday down there as I think we are on the same flight from Houston to SPS in the morning. My number is 605-261-5020 so give me a jingle. I only have about 50 minutes to get off my plane before the one for SPS departs so I will most likely be the tall ass white guy running through the airport (ie. the guy I usually make fun of at the airport)

To Everyone,

May not be a bad idea if all the USA fans want to meet at Franks bar on Friday night for Unofficial Pre-Game to the game the following game. I have no idea how long bars stay open in Honduras, so maybe want to meet down there around 7 or 8ish on Friday. Just a thought. Let me know if interested.

ctown80

4. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I second that. We should have a big get together at Frank's the night before. Get acquainted with everybody and plan for Saturday night.

People should start contacting the Hilton and Inter ask if they can have a shuttle pick us up. How many people are flying in from Houston?

We get into San Pedro Sula Friday morning at 11am.

5. ctown80

ctown80 New Member

Sep 10, 2009
    South Dakota
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get in on Thursday and so does Wayne-0..Im not sure about a few others..I am staying at the Hilton as is Wayne, and another guy named Ashton who has been traveling around with the national team filming a documentary on US Soccer and its fans during WC Qualifying...I will make contact with staff right away Thursday to see if we could get a free shuttle to pick people up at each hotel and head to Frank's Friday night for some good times..

6. ctown80

ctown80 New Member

Sep 10, 2009
    South Dakota
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and I forgot, I just learned that Dempsey is out for the Honduras game because of a shoulder injury...Means the rest of the Yanks are going to have to step up to fill his void...

7. dcucfc

dcucfc New Member

Oct 29, 2003
    Toledo, Ohio
    Hi All-

I arrive on Saturday morning. Staying at the Hilton. Would really like to meet up with any/all prior to the match for a few beers and in order to get to the stadium en masse. If anyone is similarly situated, leave a reply or message me.

Really looking forward to this.

Kevin - dcucfc

8. iad_22201

iad_22201 Member+

Jan 2, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just received my tickets from US Soccer. They appear to be exactly the same as those Frank picked up down in SPS.

9. iad_22201

iad_22201 Member+

Jan 2, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm on the Friday flight from Atlanta which gets in 20 minutes after the Conti flight from Houston. I know that there are at least a couple others on the ATL flight.

10. Wayne-o

Wayne-o New Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Wilmo, Del
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW-If you would like to register with the US Embassy in SPS to let them know you will be there, here is the link.

https://travelregistration.state.gov/ibrs/ui/index.aspx

It's not such a bad thing. If there is an emergency, they know we are there. Knock on wood, I have never needed their assistance.

11. CA-SA

CA-SA Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Brownsville, TX
    anybody looking into splitting a room. PM me. It's still going to be a last minute thing for me.

12. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We can probably wait for yous at the airport. Where are you staying? The Hilton or Inter?

Also, is anyone staying through Monday?

13. iad_22201

iad_22201 Member+

Jan 2, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hilton. I'm leaving Monday.

14. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    i get in Friday on AA and leave Sunday...going LGA-MIA-SAP both ways...staying at Intercontinental...should be great!

15. rksehga

rksehga New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    nyc
    I can vouch for Miguel if anyone knows who I am. He's a good dude.

16. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My gf and I will probably need a room for Sunday night since we are staying through Monday. Most of our group is leaving Sunday but we're flying back Monday.

17. Wayne-o

Wayne-o New Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Wilmo, Del
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Revs-I am staying at a hostel just north of the Princess on Sunday night. I think it is $12. Want me to send you the info.

My flight info-
    Thurs - PHL to IAH 6 am-8 am / IAH to SAP 9:07 am - 10:53 am
    Mon - SAP to IAH 11:52 am -3:39 pm / IAH to DCA 5:40 - 9:39 pm

18. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holy Taylor Twellman...this is the airport?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPdVL_0Omvk"]YouTube - Inside San Pedro Sula Airport, Honduras[/ame]

19. Wayne-o

Wayne-o New Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Wilmo, Del
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have t'shirts available for the game if anyone is interested. Price is $12. I will bring them with me and you can pay me in Honduras. Just email me your size - S, M, L, XL, XXL.

On the left sleeve is Honduras vs USA, World Cup Qualifier, 10/10/09, San Pedro Sula, Honduras

If you want, I can put your state flag, or perhaps your AO chapter logo or leave it blank.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. iad_22201

iad_22201 Member+

Jan 2, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frank,
    For those of us planning on paying a visit (or two) to your bar, where do we tell cab drivers that we want to go?

21. BadgerFan

BadgerFan New Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    What's the name of this hostel? My wife and I are still looking for a place to stay this weekend. Also, someone mentioned the Hostal del Valle as an option. Does anyone know the price for this one? Thanks for your help.

22. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. NYCHammer

NYCHammer Member

Jun 18, 2006
    I received my ticket from USSF today. Doubt I will make it to Frank's bar, but thanks for the hospitality, Frank!! Cant wait to support the Yanks down in San Pedro Sula, see you guys in the stadium!

24. NYCHammer

NYCHammer Member

Jun 18, 2006
  25. Wayne-o

Wayne-o New Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Wilmo, Del
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States