Travel/Tickets: USA versus Honduras in Miami 10/8/2011

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by thethinwhiteduke, Sep 1, 2011.

1. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Grow your hardcore audience first...... Sheesh...

2. FLRef

FLRef Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We had an MLS team and lost it because of bad support. And I don't know if Honduras will have a huge contingent here, but they'd have to open up all 75,000 seats if we were playing Brazil or Argentina...

3. rksehga

rksehga New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    nyc

That may be the goal, but this gesture will not help them towards that goal in anyway. This is silly. Why engage your fans in a hostile way?

4. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Who cares about the damn chant? Attend any U.S. practice (as Klinsmann is letting fans do) and you'll hear players curse. You see them curse in games on TV.

I don't get it. South and Central American countries say "********" when the ball is kicked. What's the big deal?

5. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because the chant is stupid, regardless of whether this is the right choice. When we start setting the standard at South American fans, you can count me out of that.

6. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game at RBA is gonna be REALLY interesting.

:D

7. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    whether or not the chant is stupid, it is not up to the USSF to dictate what supporters chant.

8. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
  9. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Most chains pale in comparison to the original..... With that said I want one. Lol

10. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly.

11. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If their ticket sales are slumping (and they are) the marketing people in the USSF may need to consider and impact the concerns associated with people (families) not wanting to support the matches. If the games were selling out, this would not be viewed nearly as much of an issue.

12. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I seriously doubt that only 6000 tickets were sold because of YSA.....

13. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    if the marketing people at USSF have looked at the entirety of US Soccer attendance and determined that the issue keeping people away is the hardcore supporters cursing then....then....i dont even have some semi-witty comment for the possibility that they could be THAT monumentally stupid. i think its an issue of the USSF wanting to have their cake and eat it too. they want to control the atmosphere....

14. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, for 90% of the fans and potential fans that would not be a problem, in fact it might be a solution . . .

15. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    you think a few people chanting you suck a$$hole really ruins the atmosphere for 90% of people?

16. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, that's a strawman argument.

This is what I think . . .

17. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Ahoj man might be afraid to take his family to a USA game based on what opponent we are playing and what animals their fans are, and the likelihood of getting caught up in some international aggro. I doubt YSA is factoring into that equation...

18. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    They are now calling for rain all weekend..... Booo....

19. MRschizoid21

MRschizoid21 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are Jews a really big chunk of the Miami population? I was always under the impression that outside of NY, they aren't that big of a percentage of any other US cities.

20. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's Miami...it always rains during hurricane season (coming from someone who lived there 3 years and suffered through 17 tropical storms and hurricanes during that time)

21. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Miami is 2nd after new York to my knowledge.

22. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    yes, i think we agree. you state their goal is to make the matches more friendly. i think that they are doing this to 'control the atmosphere'. same thing.

honestly, i dont chant YSA but i sure as hell curse during matches. but regardless of what i personally do, i dont like the USSF punishing its most loyal supporters for not falling into line.

23. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Would it makes sense to bring a poncho to the game? I do have a red one.

24. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Did anyone go to the event with jozy Altidore at micky Byrnes in Hollywood last night?