Travel/Tickets: USA versus Costa Rica in LA 9/2/2011

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by GOREVS3000, Jul 2, 2011.

1. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

I was in Seattle last year for vacation, but didn't attend a Sounders game. Only game I caught was the Seattle Storm, which was fun. Since they've played at Citifield (formerly Qwest) I've wanted to go to a game there. With their big crowds and loud supporters.

2. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would go to the Flounders game then. If I had the option of going to the US/Costa Rica friendly or Union/Sounders match, I would go with the Union.
    If this was anything other than a friendly, I would say the US Soccer match, but since its a friendly, I would go to Seattle

3. lafd313

lafd313 New Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    anyone know where i can get an extra ticket in the supporters section for a friend?! I was going to buy one in section 141 for him and sneak him in as I have heard this has been done before but I've never tried it, thoughts?

4. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    I ended up Greyhounding it roundtrip for $90. That horrid stretch of I-5 between Los Banos and Bakersfield is something I don't like to drive more than a couple of times a year.

5. Shibb

Shibb Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I need a supporters section ticket, will be at the pre-game party on Thursday night. If anyone ends up with an extra let me know, I'm easy to find.

6. stuinsf

stuinsf Member

Jul 2, 2005
    I have an extra ticket in the AO section for the match that I will not be using. I paid $29 for it, including shipping, and I'd love to get that back if possible. Please feel free to PM me if interested.

Thanks!
    Stu

7. slazzle7

slazzle7 New Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i bought 20 tickets for this game! finally there is a strong squad that will represent the US at HDC, thank you Jurgen! cant wait!

8. slazzle7

slazzle7 New Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i have 2 tickets in american outlaws section. I paid the non-member price of $27each, if interested let me know.

9. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, now Im posting two extra tickets for the supporters section. $27 each. Message me here, or on Twitter @KeatonBKoch

10. slazzle7

slazzle7 New Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i no longer have tickets available for the match sorry guys:(

but see you there, tailgate in Lot 11!!!:D

11. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I should have said I have 2 extra tickets for sale in the supporters section, $27 each.

12. lafd313

lafd313 New Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I have three tickets I'm trying to get rid of. One officially in the AO section 142 and two next to it in Section 101. Paid more for the 101 tickets last minute but I'll be happy to let them go for $29 each. Email me if your interested lafd313@gmail.com

13. TheVoice

TheVoice New Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    So, evidently, because of our foul language at the Mexico game, we can't have banners? Really USSF? If it wasn't for us, you'd never have anything even close to a 50-50 game in terms of fan support, much less diehards.

14. NYCHammer

NYCHammer Member

Jun 18, 2006
    yeah, what bullsh*t. i think its important to not give into the USSF on this one....lets all chant you suck a$$hole this match in unison. let them know what we think of this censorship.

15. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I was a bit surprised when I read the email. We could start chants in Spanish.

16. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait, they are now on about foul language?

17. TheVoice

TheVoice New Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    They have been all summer. I've been to three matches and each envelope that arrived to my house with the tickets had this little please no foul language and be respectful card in it.

But honestly, to punish the group of people who do their best to give the team a home atmosphere because they said asshole, is pathetic. I have a mind to take a train into NYC tomorrow and hold a sign up at Colombia telling that ass to shove his response up his ass.

18. TheVoice

TheVoice New Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I'm sure they will claim we're being racist at that point...

19. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've never been to a game where swearing wasn't a focal point and this is the first I've heard of anything.

20. Nevada Eagle

Nevada Eagle Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carson City, NV
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking forward to seeing all my hardcore US brothers and sisters on friday. Arrive 1pm friday. Meet my brother at the hotel just down the road from the HDC. Little swim in the pool and a few beers. Then off to the bar across the street from HDC. Then to the tailgate. We all gonna have a good time!

21. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the AO Email -

22. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    11000 tickets sold....

23. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's disappointing.

24. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    When do the LA HDC friendlies EVER draw a crowd ??

25. Statman

Statman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why they chose to have this match on a Friday night before Labor Day weekend astounds me.

The traffic to the HDC is going to be insane and half of LA has vacated the city due to the long weekend.