Travel/Tickets: USA-Turkey. Red Bull Arena NJ - 6/1/14

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by FoxBoro 143, Mar 6, 2014.

1. maddog36

maddog36 Member

Mar 2, 2006
    Bergen Cty, NJ
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, there are multiple parking lots too. Depending upon where someone would be staying, it's better to take the PATH train to Harrison. Get off then head towards the stadium. Walk over the bridge to the Ironbound section of Newark where there are a lot of bars and where people will be drinking before the game.

2. kickin365

kickin365 Member+

Mar 4, 2002
    Interested to know if those who participated in the auction have heard if they were selected to receive tickets.

3. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is the best way out to RBA from midtown Manhattan with World Trade Center Station closed?

4. kickin365

kickin365 Member+

Mar 4, 2002
    Best way IMO would be nj transit from ny penn station to newark penn and walk over the bridge. Quick comfortable and pretty cheap. You could also take the path from 33rd st but that's much slower. I think that is still an option even though the wtc stretch is closed.

5. miggly

miggly Member

Jan 25, 2000
    NYC
    If you're leaving from downtown, prob best to hop on the PATH at Christopher St or 9th/14th, and switch at Journal Square for the Harrison/Newark train. That's about 35-40 minutes travel time. (20-25 to Journal Sq, short wait, then 10 min to Harrison).

If closer to midtown, and don't mind the 10-15 min walk from Newark across the bridge -- then NJ Transit for sure (bonus: beer on NJT train OK, not so for PATH).

6. BBond

BBond New Member

Jul 10, 2013
    anybody know exactly what section in red bull arena is the supporters section? trying to get some tix via stub hub, thanks!

7. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    normally it's 101 and the adjacent sections (the south end behind the goal). presumably will be the same for this match though i don't have any confirmation of that.

8. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AO email has gone out, tickets are in the mail, keep an eye on your mailbox, cheers to all !!!

9. canchon

canchon Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good. Anyone get emailed tickets yet if not buying through AO and just through the traditional route?

10. AirMe

AirMe Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Buffalo, NY
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am travelling with 3 non USSC members. Will they have access to the open practice as well?

11. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Each USSC member can go on the field with one guest. All other people will have to watch from the stands.

12. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also got my front row seat to Men In Blazers Live On Broadway , looking forward to celebrating both past and present of the Von Trapps.

13. southboound24

southboound24 Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    USA turkey tickets came
    I ordered thru American Outlaws of course
    Im surprised the section is 130, is that an AO section. It's not behind the goal like we usually have.

14. FLRef

FLRef Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm thinking it's the whole side as my ticket is in 104.

15. phillyfan593

phillyfan593 Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Did the tickets come in that did not come through the American Outlaws?

16. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    I bought tix for this game thru USSSC presale, got them via email a few days ago.

17. AirMe

AirMe Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Buffalo, NY
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same here. Mine got emailed on the 16th.

Looks like my nephews and I are going to be staying at the springhill suites near the Newark Airport.

18. Weber King

Weber King Member

Sep 28, 2001
    North Andover, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Figured it wouldn't hurt to ask, but does anyone have an extra for the match? Preferably in the supporter's section?

My schedule opened up and I booked a ride down to the city for the weekend. Hoping I can make it out to the game.

19. Mibabalou

Mibabalou Member

Dec 7, 2009
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I had something come up and now all five of my AO tickets are up for grabs, my loss is your gain!

email me at MilesDeGrazia@gmail.com since I dont really use bigsoccer much these days and we can try to work something out!

The section says 130 on the ticket its self but Im pretty sure it's GA and where you end up you end up. I know in Ohio I just stood behind the goal despite my AO ticket saying I was in another section.....

20. Sebring98

Sebring98 Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Lansdale, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My tickets were emailed Friday also (through RBNY presale)... except I didn't see them until today because they were in my spam folder. Just a heads up.

21. Retsam

Retsam Member

Mar 12, 2007
    Berea, Kentucky
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got two available. Lower corner 121, Row 1. email me at tbuttry@gmail.com if interested.

22. 5EC18Lg

5EC18Lg Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Got my tickets through AO last week. Firstly, let me say what an incredible job they did in securing the supporters tickets. I was blown away with how simple and easy it was to get tickets to a game in such a relatively small venue.

For RBNY supporters or people itk, I've had a couple people tell me that they are extremely strict on tailgating there. I haven't heard this from enough people to make me worried, or people who go regularly, but can anyone recommend a tailgate friendly lot? I know AO is doing the thing at the bar, but I'm going with 10 friends, some of whom I haven't seen in a while, and it would be great to just sit outside and tailgate and have an awesome time before heading into the game. Any help is greatly appreciated. Really looking forward to this!

23. 5EC18Lg

5EC18Lg Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  24. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    FYI AO is having events at bars with outside seating/tailgating.

25. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My ticket arrived today, section 101 directly behind the net. My order was received within a minute of the notification of the issues being resolved. I think they started at 101 and from there went out to the corners.

I really believe you will not have a huge issues with moving between sections as long as you can go across the aisles.