Travel/Tickets: USA-Nigeria in Jacksonville- 6/7/14

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by CAllen91, Mar 12, 2014.

?

Do you think 1, both, or neither new scoreboard will be installed for the match?

1. Neither

11.1%
  2. One

33.3%
  3. Both

55.6%
  1. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. MBloom

MBloom Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Jacksonville United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are practicing at UNF and I'm going to assume (based on the beach run picture) they are staying at Marriot Sawgrass. Marriot is the official provider and the Sawgrass resort is really nice and pretty secluded. There is an open practice at the stadium Friday at 5:00.

3. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. CAllen91

CAllen91 Member

Atlanta United
    Oct 23, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That. Was. Awesome!

5. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice crowd, crap facility.

6. goldy21

goldy21 Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Why?

7. CAllen91

CAllen91 Member

Atlanta United
    Oct 23, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well some guy did fall down the construction in section 224 and had to be taken down to the hospital.

8. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was cheesy with out the video screens and still a bit of a construction site.

9. goldy21

goldy21 Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Understood. But there's a big difference between "crap facility" like Candlestick or RFK and an already modern NFL facility undergoing $100 million in enhancements, including the world's largest video boards.

bogart8 repped this.
  10. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Solid work jacksonville. Looked and sounded great!

11. (TxT)

(TxT) Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First time at the stadium and I really enjoyed it; I'd rate it better than Sun Life and Raymond James for sure.

12. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I was at the game. The facility was good. It was a modern NFL stadium with natural grass. I liked the escalater towers. I was kind of disappointed with the city. The water taxis were not working. I didn't get the feeling that I was in a major city like Atlanta. Jax seemed like being in Birmingham.

13. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First of all I enjoyed the game itself, but since you asked:

1 Poor ingress and egress. I was only one row over and halfway down the row from the exit and it still took 45 minutes to get out of the lot. I have to guess traffic control was late getting there, since we started moving well all at once.

Plus they would not let me use the lot section adjoining the section I had tickets for. Why? Who knows??

2. Only 2 Mens' restrooms per section, most stadiums I've been in have twice that.

3. I felt the "Club" section was misrepresented, I expected an overhang with air vents (like every other Club section I have sat in, in other stadiums), and I paid a premium for that, and it was just a regular seat.

4. Zero ushers, security, or vendors present in the stands. People were standing in the aisles all damn game(not in the supporter section, where standing is assumed).

5. The video for the game I paid for was at not professional level. I don't care how nice it will be for the Jags, I wasn't at a Jag game. It also kept showing mostly ads during the game instead of replays.

6. Fugly.

A good thing is that the info up-thread was wrong about the bag policy, and since my camera case was less than 12x12x6 I was able to bring it in, although they had a one lens limit(God knows why).

14. (TxT)

(TxT) Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's sound like the complete opposite of my experience which went efficiently and smoothly. I was seated in the third row in section 102 and left the stadium after Altidore's post match interview, walked across Bay St. to my lot by the river, changed a babies diaper and his clothes, turned on the car and was on 95 south all within 35 minutes.

Ushers in our section asked people to sit down and get out of the aisles when anyone complained.

I have to ask though why you would assume the club section would have an overhang as this stadium is your traditional bowl style.

Also, when it came to video boards they had no choice but to do it the way they did. I was in the SW corner and the east side of the stadium had 2 boards, one always on the game and one with ads.

Only complaint would be concessions seemed understaffed so it took a while to get some drinks at half time.

15. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because that is what Club means at Joe Robboe and at least one other stadium I've been to, Tampa, maybe? What did "club" mean here?

Maybe the ushers etc. never made it up until level 2?

16. (TxT)

(TxT) Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm assuming the upper part of the lower bowl, near the center or the field, was the club section. Club here meant that people couldn't just wonder into the seats from other sections or areas. I'm assuming your concourse area was inclosed (probably had to walk through some doors with someone verifying you had club seats), had air conditioning, was carpeted, and had nicer concession areas. If not the I don't what they mean by club level in Jacksonville, but that is what I associate it with at every stadium.

17. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're from Miami, so I assume you've sat in the Club at JRS, right?

18. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Soccer will do well in the South. It's getting old listening to the people from the Pacific NW or New England tell us that soccer will not work in the South. Y'all aren't the only cool kids around. People are going to be very surprised about Atlanta.

21. (TxT)

(TxT) Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, probably 5 or 6 times, and I consider it to be ok but not great compared to the Club levels at other stadiums I've say club in (Turner Field and the GA Dome).

22. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah. I heard that Atlanta already has 11K season ticket deposits. And,the team doesn't start playing until 2017.

23. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    There was a family of 3 setting next to me from Atlanta. They told me that they go to Silverbacks games and are excited that MLS is coming to town.

24. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool. There were some people from Charleston,SC staying at our hotel that attend Charleston Battery games.

Mikey mouse repped this.