Travel in Brasil

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by hala-cosmos, Aug 23, 2006.

1. hala-cosmos

hala-cosmos Member

Apr 15, 2003
    I'm not sure if this should go in the NSR forum, but I figure putting it here makes sense.

My fiancee and I are planning on going to Rio for our honeymoon around next memorial day (Late may / Early June). She wants to go to the beach and all that, and, obviously, I'm trying to go here...
    [​IMG]

I'm dying to check out a Flu / Flamengo / Vasco / Botafogo match (hopefully all 4).

So what is a good place to start? Any advice on soccer-specific tour companies or just general info and websites on touring Rio would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.

2. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Here is a great Rio Turism site..I used it when I went...

http://www.ipanema.com/

I stayed at a Hotel in Ipanema called the "Praia Ipanema". Nice hotel , Beachfront with a pool and bar on the Top Floor. Ipanema has less hotels than Copacabana, making it less touristy which is good. Copa has way to many hotels and turists.

If you are loaded though, stay at the Copacabana Palace, thats where all the stars of today and yesterday stay.

3. hala-cosmos

hala-cosmos Member

Apr 15, 2003
    I'm definitely not loaded, don't worry about that.
    Thanks for the hookup on that site.

4. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like you will be down there when I am down there. After going to Rio and Salvador this year, I have put Brasil on my regular travel list. You'll have a blast (even with the wife). LOL

5. hala-cosmos

hala-cosmos Member

Apr 15, 2003
    Maybe we'll get lucky and have a DCU Copa Libertadores match to attend.

one can hope.

6. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Another recomendation if you want to get more of Brazil than just Rio...fly down to Florianopolis...a great Island City...but I guess if you are going in their winter it might not be warm enough.

7. hala-cosmos

hala-cosmos Member

Apr 15, 2003
    def. trying to check out iguazu falls.

8. mandando-a-real

mandando-a-real New Member

Apr 29, 2006
    and when you get here (Rio) don`t stay onlu on the city...

check out places like BUZIOS and specially ILHA GRANDE...you will love it...

9. Mengo

Mengo Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Rio de Janeiro
    Hi. keep in mind that we will have the Pan American Games in Rio, in july 2007.
    It's too early to have the schedule for football games for next year, but as soon as I have it I will put in my blog, or you can contact me anytime.
    I'm a Maracana adicted (suporter of Flamengo, the most loved) and guide people in games there. Have done that many times and just love it. It's interesting for those who wants to get a bit away from tourists and get more into local athmosphere.
    If you're interested see my blog. I put updated schedule for Brazilian league or any game in Maracana stadium only.
    See: //futebolnomaracana.blogspot.com/
    :D
    Regards.

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm trying to go down there (to see Fla in the Libertadores) and another city in Brasil next year around this time too. Plane tickets have been through the roof as of late..:(