Travel agencies for Germany

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by OpusMan72, Jul 13, 2005.

1. OpusMan72

OpusMan72 New Member

Jun 18, 2002
    LA
    Does anyone know if US Soccer will have or has a preferred travel agency they're working with for fan travel to Germany? Or if not, any suggestions? Peicemealed (sp) together Korea and it was almost a disaster, so looking for a solid, reputable one-stop-shop. Thanks!

2. Mikeymike15

Mikeymike15 Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Atlanta
    Honstly I prefer to piece-meal everything together...much better in cost savings, but then again I work in the travel industry....

to answer your question however, ussoccer works with Soccervacations.com, a bit pricey but they get the job done

3. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We pieced together a trip for the World Cup in South Korea with no problems, but I've used Soccer Travel (then called Soccer Vacations) for away qualifiers in Jamaica, Mexico, and Costa Rica and was happy with their service each time. As was mentioned, you pay a premium, but everything gets taken care of.

4. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was thinking about doing SoccerTravel, but after many warnings here based on price I decided to do it myself.

after looking around a while it does not seem that difficult to book things yourself. I already bought tickets to matches, flights will be available soon, and I can already book places in Berlin (my host city per se) for June 2006.

Ademas, most places speak English. We are looking at saving 50%. And when you are talking about thousands of dollars....

5. 3BlindMice

3BlindMice New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Just curious... How did you go about booking your rooms in Berlin. Did you use the FIFA site, or did you go through the hotel's website? I'm trying to book rooms in Munich and I'm having one hell of a time finding rooms available.

Thanks.

6. Mikeymike15

Mikeymike15 Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Atlanta

I booked a flat in Berlin for three weeks...

http://www.ferienwohnung-zimmer-berlin.de/Unterkuenfte/unterkunft.php?unr=654

The flats are starting to book fast but I believe there is still several available if you want to go down this road.

http://www.ferienwohnung-zimmer-berlin.de/Unterkuenfte-eng/suche.php?

You'll need to do some research because some flats will be charging a premium during the WC and others will not.

Feel free to PM if you need more information

7. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Havent booked yet. Just simply googled Berlin flat, or Berlin apartment.
    We are probably going to do that because we have 6 people going.

But I found a lot of matches, and only us crazies appear to be booking a year in advance...

8. goaliemanpat

goaliemanpat Member

May 14, 2005
    Holly, MI
    Ive signed up and having mine setup through soccertravel.com. Ive never setup a international vacation and am terrible at planner so I felt paying a little more to make sure its handle correctly seemed like a safe investment. Cant wait for WC.

9. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good luck goaliemanpat, we will be in Berlin if you run into any trouble!