Travel advice for Fenerbahçe Champions league qualifier?

Discussion in 'Turkey' started by agibson, Jul 31, 2010.

1. agibson

agibson New Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Prévessin, France
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm considering going to see Fenerbahçe play the Young Boys on Wednesday for the Champions league qualifier. But, the details look daunting. Any advice?

I guess tickets were supposed to go on sale to the general public yesterday,
    but biletix.com doesn't seem to have released them. Any ideas?

Then, it's a late start: 21:15. I can get to the game OK, but how should I get back to my hotel in Sultanahmet after the game? I guess I _might_ catch the last ferry back to Karakoy, and maybe a cab's not too expensive from there.

But, if I miss the last ferry, am I talking about a very expensive taxi ride?

Any advice from Istanbul soccer fans, etc. would be very much appreciated!

2. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Hi agibson,

Wellcome to the board -section Turkey.

Iam not Fenerbahce fan, but, Would like to help about it.

step by step I will try to answer:

- ticket sale, I will learn soon (about biletix) , then replay you.
    -if you miss the ferry(i will learn last ferry time ,for you).
    --there is other options:
    take a midi bus(yellow mini bus aka yellow dolmus), it can go to taksim square its other name; new town. its a town of Galatasaray lycsee and night life town,,, from there , by tramvay or day time price taxi can go to Sultanahmet area,,, but, Taxi is it dipends of drivers,,, If You are alone and forigner, I dunno they get You to Sultanahmet neutral/fair/correct price from Taksim town or from KAdikoy town(game venue area).

Therefor, You should put the table every options...

Are You going to Alone?
    Are You gonna stay at hostel, hotel,pansiyon?
    You are with Group travel or single travel just for game trip tp Turkey Istanbul?,,sorry to ask these silly question,

It just, I was thinking,
    If You gonna stay in a pansiyon or small hotel,hostel etc,
    You can easly talk start Football chat with reception, or any stuff of your staying place, or any touristik butique, Iam sure theyr one of them goes to game or Fan of the Fenerbahce for sure.:) .
    They can help or show the derection plans of match day for you,,
    But, IF You dont wanna take this idea,

Then,

Wait my second replay;) ,
    I will learn ferry final trip schedule,
    and Taxi or Dolmus price in game over time,
    or other new idea.

By the way,
    The game venue area is very crazy lock traffic, I dont think You can move one km fastly in game over time,,, its one of the MINUS part of this stadium location..traffic is hell.

Ferry is wonderfull idea, If Iam not mistaken, from KAdikoy You can take Ferry to SIRKECI/EMINONU/KARAKOY.... All is same town area names,
    ones You arrive Sirkeci Eminonu or Karakor, You can take tramvay a light metro ride on the road... 2 or 3 station You will arrive to Sultanahmet area statiion.

Thats the best idea,,, As You say , the time is concern...
    I will try to learn ,find schedules ferry and tramvay.

for now,

thats all.

Regards.

3. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    @update 1:

I checked biletix site,
    They already start to sell ticket since 30 july,,
    And, there is a ticket sell goes on, but, You have to be hurry,,I gues next day ticket will be sold out alonside season tickets holders.
    to buy from biletix site, You have to log in, that mean, you need membership from biletix. I gues its free .

about ferry,taxi etc :
    I will try to replay later on.:)

4. agibson

agibson New Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Prévessin, France
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right, they _say_ tickets will go on sale to the public 30 July, but I'm not sure this ever happened on biletix. I did eventually figure out the "create account, login" trick ;) So I could buy tickets to other events. But, July 31, and still now today, after logging it gives a general "not available" message for the game. Says it could be they're sold out, could be that they've not released them to all groups yet, etc.

*shrug*

5. agibson

agibson New Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Prévessin, France
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi Roxbury-

Thanks for the welcome! And for the advice, and offers of help.

I tried to reply a couple of times yesterday, but from my iPod, in a public park. Great to have the free Wifi for Istanbul 2010! But, in a crowded park it wasn't quite reliable enough to reply ;)

I'm in Istanbul for about a week with my wife, and thought it would be fun to attend a soccer game. The Fenerbache match was all I could find (I'm leaving thursday), and it sounded like a good game.

We're staying at a small hotel in the Sultanahmet neighborhood (just down hill from the sultanahmet mosque).

It would probably be the two of us, but I'm now thinking that it's probably too late at night, and too complicated, for our last night in Istanbul.

But, if you have any clever ideas about transportation, perhaps I could still change my mind ;)

Checking
    http://ido.com.tr/
    it looks like the ferries nearest me (Eminonu, Sirkeci) stop around 21:00, and even going to Karakoy the last is at 00:00. Seems a little too close to the end of the game to feel really safe.

Ah, the dolmus is a pretty good idea. But, finding one in the crowd after the game sounds a little tricky.

So, as I say, I think it might be a little too complicated for our last night in Istanbul. Too bad the game's not earlier in the day! I'm sure it would be fun and exciting.

Thanks, again, for your help!

6. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    you well come mate.:) .

i will pm you about transport etc.

regards.

ps:

have a wonderfull vacation .