Translators?

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by RobB, Sep 10, 2003.

1. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    Could anyone kindly translate these into English?

Gran centro de Roberto Carlos Cportés a Ángel. Cuando el delantero del Aston Villa iba a cabecear, apareció Peña y le ganó el duelo.

------

Gonzalo Martínez intentó un centro dividido al área para Ángel, pero el arquero argentino nacionalizado boliviano Leo Fernández estuvo impecable.

------

Escaramuza entre Baldivieso y Córdoba que se pelearon por una fuerte falta contra Ángel

------

Gran jugada de Ángel a Molina, que dribló piernas como loco. Cuando remató, Fernández, el boliviano, atajó y se consagra

------

Juan Pablo Ángel logró desbordar por primera vez a los bolivianos y en el mano a mano, remató al arco y Fernández con la pierna, la desvió

Thanks, for any help.

2. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Gran centro de Roberto Carlos Cportés a Ángel. Cuando el delantero del Aston Villa iba a cabecear, apareció Peña y le ganó el duelo.

Great cross from Cortes to Angel. When Angel is about to head the ball, Pena appears and wins the ball..

------

Gonzalo Martínez intentó un centro dividido al área para Ángel, pero el arquero argentino nacionalizado boliviano Leo Fernández estuvo impecable.

Martinez intents a divided cross into the area, looking for Angel, but the argentinian-born Fernandez was great...
    ------

Escaramuza entre Baldivieso y Córdoba que se pelearon por una fuerte falta contra Ángel

Fight between Baldivieso and Cordoba, about a strong foul against Angel..
    ------

Gran jugada de Ángel a Molina, que dribló piernas como loco. Cuando remató, Fernández, el boliviano, atajó y se consagra

Great play from Angel to Molina, who dribbles several defenders. When he shooted, Fernandez flew and becomes a star...(kind of difficult to translate)
    ------

Juan Pablo Ángel logró desbordar por primera vez a los bolivianos y en el mano a mano, remató al arco y Fernández con la pierna, la desvió

Angel gets away for the first time and in the one on one with the goalie, he shoot and Fernandez saved with his leg..

Is not perfect, but it is close...

3. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    I hope that will do... I will keep you on mind, if I find angel's reaction of black september day!

No press confenrence today, all were pissed and got out the stadium to catch a bus and a charter flight back to bogota tonite.....He will flight back to london in the wee hrs of the morning. Take care of him, in colombia we do not Know what we have until we loose them!

4. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    Thankyou for the quick reply. Much appreciated. Luckily we`re playing on Sunday this week so an extra days rest from that high-altitude beating should help JP. Hopefully Colombia will get a win next time. It would be a difficult task to start with three defeats and still qualify.

5. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Angel was one of the two the Colombian press did not beat on, he showed strong-will, fought for all the balls, had several chances but was unfortunate enough to miss. He had two great runs, the only Colombian player who really ran, well aside from Martinez I think. I think that if we would have had better conditioning, and if some players would have played better, especially mid-field/defense it would have been a different outcome, might have lost but not by that much.

6. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    I`m pleased that JP played o.k., but it`s a team game of course so still a bad result for him. I thought before the game that without acclimatisation they would have problems with the altitude, to have played Brazil a few days before at close to sea-level wasn`t a good way to prepare for Bolivia away.

7. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I saw the game against Manchester City, Aston Villa has a good defense, decent strikers, but they really need a midfield. Holy crap, all the goals came after (2) JPA or the striker took a shot and was deflected and Manchester got it, then that player would ran the lenght of the pitch, unchallenged and pass for the score. The first MC goal was a huge gift. JPA + othe striker even sometimes went back to fight for the ball, cause they weren't getting up field. I think the coach should fix that, and Villa will be contenders for the big clubs, heck they had several changes in the first half, it could have been 3 - 0 at HT Villa lead.