TRANSLATION please! Henry Trez interview

Discussion in 'France' started by Rima067, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Rima067

Rima067 New Member

May 10, 2004
    There is this interview from Henry and Trezeguet on French tv (sometime in the past 2 years)and my French has been sidetracked recently. They interview them separately but keep intertwining the interviews (same sitdown interview, not separrate clips) along w/ clips of them together.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg5iJ--WTW4

Towards the end, about 80% into it they show Henry a portion of Trezeguet's interview through the camera and at the end of that Henry is speechless and almost in tears. he then takes the same camera and is walking in an area by himself sending a message back to Trezeguet (they do show it in the end although when he is sending the message he is by himself, they show him walking off leaving the message)

so, you can understand my furiously typing asking for a translation please!!

2. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i would like to help you, but can't get to this link, either do to the firewall or not the right media player... sorry.:eek:

3. cmaddict21

cmaddict21 Member

Feb 19, 2002
    New York
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From what I understand, the interviewer asked Trezeguet if there was anything that he ever wanted to tell Henry but hadnt before. So Trezeguet thanks Henry for everything that he has given him. When he started at Monaco, he had no idea about the club and life in Monaco. So he wished to thank Henry for everything that he has done for him.

Henry says that there is nothing to say to that, no response. His message to the camera at the end says: I dont know what to say, I was going to cry. I just want to say that I love you alot.

The next part I'm not quite sure about, but I think Henry says that he did all the things for Trezeguet because thats what he needed to do.

This is a rough translation as I have almost completely lost my french through lack of use.

4. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Interesting...

5. Herm

Herm New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Bordeaux, France
    cmaddict21 did a good translation.

When he's recording his video, Henry says "I don't know what to say, i was about to cry. I was really surprised as you're someone reserved. You tell me that. I just wanted to tell that i love you a lot. I'm a little moved, that's true i'm a little moved. But what else to say. For me, i did what i had to do, the least to do. I tried to make you feel comfortable. Then, as we often say, "merde" (here it means good luck) for the future. See you soon facing the goal"

It's not a perfect translation, but i hope you will understand. :)

6. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Good video.

Two giants.

7. Rima067

Rima067 New Member

May 10, 2004
    cmaddict21 and Herm, I thank you two very much!

guignol, you're missing out on a good one, run to another comp!

8. AllezParisAllezPSG

AllezParisAllezPSG New Member

Sep 3, 2005
    Manhattan, NY
    wow what a video... did not know they were so tight... this was recored though 2 weeks after france 3-0 germany so its been a little while... but still, thank you for that video, shows how great they must feel when they play on the same team as brothers...

9. robledo

robledo Member

Dec 5, 2000
    Seoul /Tokyo / U.K
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    wow el argentino Trezeguet learned how to speak French finally :D

10. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    i wonder if they ever will play together again for the same club.

11. Rima067

Rima067 New Member

May 10, 2004
  12. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    they start off with david's goal scoring instinct, which henry doesn't have as evidenced by his inability to score against fulham (w/ respect to the film of course, no offense intended towards fulham fans ;)), a match that david watched as apparently he watches every arsenal match, such is their friendship. They talk about arsenal because trez would like to play w/ henry again, so the cameraman asks 'maybe at arsenal' and he answers 'why not.. you never know.' Henry of course says they're waiting for him

13. Rima067

Rima067 New Member

May 10, 2004
    Thanks a bunch ilv2!

14. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i only just got to see the vid, when it was first posted i couldn't get anything youtube to work...

anyway, trezeguet's accent has always made me smile, but it knocked me down with a feather to hear that he couldn't speak french when he arrived at ASM! :eek:

does anyone know how joakim noah's french is?

15. Anti-footix

Anti-footix New Member

May 30, 2006
    Lyon
    He speaks French as good as any French guy (same voice that his father in fact, and same way to express himself).

16. Avecnek

Avecnek New Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Too bad Trezeguer missed the penalty shot.

17. Rima067

Rima067 New Member

May 10, 2004
  18. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    it's long so i'll do the interviews:

Wenger "One shouldn't judge him on this match, believe me that it was a very difficult match for a center forward - he never had any space, there were not a lot of crosses..."

Narrator "In the game, the midfielder marseillais never found the juventus forward, zero passes despite several opportunities. Similar result/finding on the left, Malouda found Trezeguet once in an undangerous position with his back to goal.

JM Larque "When you play with two attackers in front as was the case with Henry and above all Trezeguet, who is a CF who loves crosses, it's necessary to have speed on the wings to create space and put in a lot of crosses. Undoubtedly, we were insufficient w/ respect to this"

Wenger "There weren't many dangerous situations because if one has to recognize one thing only, it's that defensively, Scotland had three very intelligent center backs who made the match very difficult for Trezeguet"

JM Larque "The french team nearly had total possession, and [yet] its cf only shot one time at goal whether it was from his feet or head. I understand why, when he left the field he felt terribly frustrated, and that it was extremely difficult for him

Wenger then says while playing in Serie B might affect his chances for playing with france because of a different rhythm, the training at juventus is good enough to compensate for that; trezeguet is a goal scorer, he will always score.

19. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    His spontaneous overhead kick seems to prove he still has the killer instinct.

20. Rima067

Rima067 New Member

May 10, 2004
    Thanks a lot ilv2. I tried to rep you but it seems you were the last person I repped a while back! I won't forget to rep you when I rep someone else!