Transfers, sales, and signings for 2008

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by glyconerd, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Ranka

Ranka Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Ricardo Osorio coming to Chivas?

ESPNDeportes Radio had a brief comment on what is suppose to be brewing up as far as news for next week, they even made is sound like if it is a done deal and that he will be here next week!

[​IMG]

any thoughts?

2. michoacano1

michoacano1 New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    COWTOWN, TX
    I think he would be a great acquisition, but do we need him? We have Johnny B, Shavar, Claudio, LAW, Zotinca, Curtin and Burling. The first four being our starters. His position is where the LAW plays, which would mean the LAW would get moved to his natural DM position. I would much rather have BOFO, but beggars can't be choosers.:confused:

3. Ranka

Ranka Member

Apr 1, 2005
    I agree with you in regards to BOFO
    however, in regards to the need of the team regarding defense!
    once Johnny B gets going again, I expect us to lose him to the US team, same with Sacha and Shavar in regards to international competition, the olympics and WCQualifiers. so with that in mind I can see him adding depth to our team in an area where we might need some help. where the LAW can move up to the DM.

4. agutierrez

agutierrez New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    LA
    Deportes also said that Cardozo was on the team. We saw how that worked out. I'm a little skeptical. How are we going to afford him?

5. Ranka

Ranka Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Yeah, they said that, and he did come here and was with the team.
    now he is not, thanks to the good fortune that we have a coach that knows how to say no to those who can't contribute to the team.

So, since Deportes is saying that, I would expect him to come here and tryout for the team.... how can we afford him? :D
    I take it you have never been paid under the table!

6. Jc1231

Jc1231 Member

Jul 2, 2006
    San Bernardino
    Just wondering hows he doing in Germeny

7. Gameface

Gameface BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 25, 2000
    Southern California
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't Osorio still playing for Stuttgart? If so, how would they avoid dealing with the transfer window?

In any case, we would have to wait until the summer for either player.

I doubt that the deal would happen, Stuttgart would be foolish if they let him go.

8. Ranka

Ranka Member

Apr 1, 2005
    RICARDO OSORIO - STUTTGART (ALEMANIA)
    Sigue sin jugar y se desconoce la razón. El zaguero ex del Cruz Azul está en lista de espera. No tuvo participación en la fecha anterior (ante el Duisburgo) ni este fin de semana en la segunda victoria consecutiva del Stuttgart, ahora por 3-1 sobre el Karlsruhe.

From what I heard, apparently he is no longer in the plans of the coach.
    He don't even get the call to ride the pine, per ESPN Deportes (see above) he hasn't seen any action the last couple of games and nobody really knows why!

Perhaps, Stuttgart will just let him go!
    In regards to the transfer window, that only applies to teams bringing in players.... in MLS, the window is still open!

we will see what happens next week.

9. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    My question is why would a promising Mexicna National team player who played in Stuttgarts championship team leave to a league which is inferior to the Mexican league? Not even that, why would he leave Europe. Im sure he would be picked up by another German club or European team. He was at one point rumored to be in Barcelonas sights to play in the right. I highly doubt Osorio would come back to any league in the Americas and if he does it would be to Mexico, its not like he's old or anything.

10. Ranka

Ranka Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Since when is it a prerequisite to be old in order to come play in MLS?
    I think that it is about time to stop thinking of the MLS as an inferior league to that of the FMF.

Is there teams in Mexico that are better than the ones in MLS? Hell yeah!!!
    But if you are telling me that every team in Mexico would be able to beat teams from MLS... :rolleyes: I say you need to wake up a little! :D

11. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What I tried to say about him not being old is, players only come back to their home league from Europe when their close to hanging up the boots. Not that the MLS is a league for old players.

And Im sorry but if you think MLS is on par with the MFL I think you need to wake up a little. Its not an insult to say MLS is not up there with the MFL, MLS is young and in later years it will catch up but it hasnt got there yet.

The MFL financialy and in structure is the best in the Americas and soccer wise I would only put Brazil over and it could be debated if the Argentinian legue is either above or on par with Mexico.

12. Ranka

Ranka Member

Apr 1, 2005
    hehe
    I didn't say that MLS is up to par, I said that it is not as inferior as you made it sound, their is some teams here that could give teams there more than what they can handle.

now in regards to Mexican players playing in Europe... with the exception of Hugo Sanchez and Rafa Marquez. How many players have come back?
    Blanco! Fonseca! just to name a couple, and that could be the case with Osorio.

13. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It was never my intention to make MLS sound like a ************ league. I like MLS Ive always been a fan since day one.
    This could be the case, but Osorio IMO has more opportunity to stay in Europe cuz he was an important part of Stuttgart unlike Blanco and Kikin (who sucks!!!) and showed he can play in that level. Blanco never had a big impact in Valladolid due to his injury and never showed his full potential. Kikin well he just plains sucks. Osorio is still too young to come back from Europe be it to Mexico or MLS, Im sure he could find a spot in other clubs if he were to leave Stuttgart.

I understand Osorio hasnt been playing because he is barely coming out of his injury and this is why he hasnt been playing, but I could be wrong. Either way I dont think we need Osorio, he isnt a Chiva player and woldnt be a big draw at the gates and I think we are pretty good in outside D.

14. Ranka

Ranka Member

Apr 1, 2005
    If Osorio is not a Chivas player...
    here is a couple that are and are trying to break in to the team

Up from Guadalajara: A pair of defenders from Chivas de Guadalajara's program, Jose Antonio Patlan and Daniel Carlos Montes, have spent the past two days working out after they expressed interest in coming to the MLS club to kick-start their career the way Panchito Mendoza has.

check the link below, it is at the bottom of the article as well as confirmation that Shavar is back in town.
    link

15. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Patlan is a good player and played a couple of games with Chivas, as to the other guy Ive never heard of him.

16. Ranka

Ranka Member

Apr 1, 2005
    yeah, me neither.
    Perhaps he is someone that Preki got to see during the U20 Chivas Cup that just took place earlier this year.

17. michoacano1

michoacano1 New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    COWTOWN, TX
    This is what was said earlier this month: A midseason acquisition of a DP who has “excelled in the Mexican league” - although not necessarily a Mexican - is likely, Hunter said.

After reading that, I checked what non-mexican players in my opinion had excelled in the Mexican League and this is what I came up with:
    1. Daniel Luduena
    2. Leandro Augusto
    3. Bruno Marioni
    4. Richard Nunez
    5. Salvador Cabanas
    6. Hugo Rodallega
    7. Christian Gimenez
    8. Matias Vuoso
    9. Paulo Da Silva
    10. Sebastian Gonzalez

Who I would like to see here:
    Christian Gimenez
    Daniel Luduena
    Richard Nunez

This is an article from Medio Tiempo that makes Shawn Hunter's comment stronger:
    http://www.mediotiempo.com/noticia.php?id_noticia=54640

Thoughts?

18. michoacano1

michoacano1 New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    COWTOWN, TX
  19. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    Marioni...but he said if he doesnt retire he would rather stay in Atlas than come to Chivas USA...the only reason he would come to MLS it's if they gave him a big fat check

20. michoacano1

michoacano1 New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    COWTOWN, TX
    Yes that is true, but it is good to know that they are actually contacting players and not just blowing smoke up our asses.:D

21. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Nice find, but Razov>Marioni. :D

TBH, it seems like it would just be another fat payday for an aging foreign player.

I'd rather have Cabanas. The guy is such a poacher in the box, it's ridiculous! :D

22. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Highly unlikely, "Hachita" is one of the top foreigners in the MFL. He is also the first on Daniel Guzman (Santos coach) list. He brought him over from Tecos UAG (where he also coached him), and Luduena has become the Laguneros top star.

Hugo Sanchez has named him as a possible candidate for the MNT. Even if Hugo is sacked, Leandros Mexican citizenship make him an attractive acquisition for any other MFL club.

This is the name that has been sounding the most and one of the most viable options. The only possible stumbling block is a good Copa Libertadores run.

Another likely candidate, despite the Uruguayan's explosive technique he has not been very consistent to cement himself as one of the MFL's top players. And at 32 yrs old, Chivas USA can be a good change in venue.

WTF, LOLZ, this guy is pretty much one of America's main players. If Ochoa leaves in the summer he will be their top player.

The Colombian striker has talent, he just has not been able to explode into the scene. Rodallega has already played in three MFL clubs since arriving in 2006 (Monterrey, Atlas, and Necaxa) Given his young age (22) he would be a great buy. However, Hugo appears to be very unstable and is rumored to have temper problems.

There is talk about Pachuca renovating it's squad after the Clausura season comes to an end. El Chaco however is in his prime (27) and should be an easy sell in the MFL if Los Tuzos are looking to offload him. Given the MFL club's preference of trades then Gimenez is a good bargaining chips for them.

Vuoso recently acquired Mexican citizenship and has stated his intentions on playing for the Tricolor. I really doubt he would want to join MLS, which would most likely ruin his chances. His citizenship also makes him a lucrative sell/ trade within the MFL.

The Paraguayan defender is a key player in Toluca. He is still in his prime (28) and I doubt los Diablos Rojos are looking to sell him.

Chamagol saw better days at Atlante where he became one of the clubs star players. However, ever since the Chilean's switch to Tigres his stock has dropped. He was then loaned out to Veracruz and Argentine side Olimpo where he failed to make an impact. Gonzalez currently plays for Tecos UAG where he is a regular player at best.

Marioni is on his way out (32) and could be looking to revive his career in MLS. He has stated his desire to retire at Atlas, but that club is known for selling players anytime they get a good offer. He is my top candidate to join Chivas USA.

Rodallega would also be a good option, but given his young age (22) and ambition I doubt he will want to make a switch to a league perceived as inferior.

And my surprise pick: Francisco "Kikin" Fonseca. He has been on a downfall ever since joining Portuguese club Benfica, where he failed to adopt, returning to Mexico because he claimed to feel lonely.

Tigres UANL paid a hefty sum to get Kikin's services and he has been a total bust, scoring one goal last season, and currently has yet to put it in the back of the net. His star and stock have surely fallen.

It would be a gamble for Chivas USA to acquire him but he meets all the requirements needed as far as having a known Mexican player in the club and attracting new fans. Kikin is 28 years old (29 in October), he is basically out of the MNT picture, and could surely use a change of Venue.

And if all else fails, Richard Nunez would be a good buy :)

23. michoacano1

michoacano1 New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    COWTOWN, TX
    Great analysis! The reason Kikin and any other Mexican player were not mentioned is because of Hunter's comment. So I just looked at what players have had some success in the FMF and who I would like to see. Thanks for going in depth!:D

24. ekker3

ekker3 Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    my surprise pick = humberto suazo.:eek:

things are looking grim for him in monterey.