Transfers, sales, and signings for 2008

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by glyconerd, Nov 8, 2007.

1. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

El Chupete in Carson would be sick.

2. El Assesino

El Assesino New Member

Oct 21, 2006
    UNION Ul7RAS
    I dont think so, The only reason he's in Mexico is cus they paid 6 million for him. If he leaves monterey he'll end up in europe or in a top Argie team in order to transfer to europe. But we can dream right:D

3. michoacano1

michoacano1 New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    COWTOWN, TX
    Chivas USA Signing:

http://www.insidesocal.com/soccer/

Chivas USA also acquired goalkeeper Dan Kennedy - three years after the team drafted him - from second division Chilean club Municipal Iquique.
    Kennedy, 25, figures to be Brad Guzan's backup - and maybe the starter if Guzan ends up in England in the summer - is from Yorba Linda and played for UC Santa Barbara. He led the Chilean second division in goals against average last year and played with the USL Puerto Rico Islanders for two years before that.
    “We are happy to acquire a goalkeeper of Dan Kennedy’s quality and international experience, as we continue to deepen our squad ahead of a busy summer,” said Coach Preki.​
    That schedule includes SuperLiga games July 13 against Pachuca and July 16 against Santos at the HDC and New England July 20 (at a LA-area stadium to be determined), sandwiched in between a July 10 derby against the Galaxy and the July 24 All-Star game. There's a $1 million prize for the winner.

4. gauchofan

gauchofan Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Great Addition, All-American out of UC Santa Barbara, 2005 USL Rookie of the Year.

5. El Assesino

El Assesino New Member

Oct 21, 2006
    UNION Ul7RAS
    I also saw him play at UCSB, he was solid. Not Great but good.

6. Gameface

Gameface BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 25, 2000
    Southern California
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This guy is actually cap-tied to Puerto Rico! Add another "national player" to the list.

His credentials are very impressive for his age. I think we just made another big "under the radar" move.

7. GauchoYoungin

GauchoYoungin Member

Nov 18, 2004
    He was in preseason camp at FC Dallas, but the passed on him. Great to see him get picked up by Chivas. He should definitely be seeing some PT especially with Guzan in the Olympics and possibly signing an overseas contract (don't shoot me, just mentioning a possiblity).

8. fernandolopez626

fernandolopez626 New Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Los Angeles
    MARVIN AVILA

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

9. fernandolopez626

Feb 24, 2008
    Los Angeles
  10. fernandolopez626

Feb 24, 2008
    Los Angeles
    [​IMG]
    Marvin Tomás Ávila (born 6 December 1985) is a Guatemalan football striker who plays for local club CSD Municipal in the Guatemala's top division. He is also a member of the Guatemala national football team. Early in his career, he has become a rising star for Guatemala on the right wing although he occasionally plays on the left wing or behind the strikers.

Club career

Nicknamed "Titi Man", Ávila made his mark in the 2007 Clausura season, considered a breakthrough season for the winger, scoring 6 goals including a hat-trick against Deportivo Petapa. His form and quick rise for both his club and the national team were the main reasons behind his move to Guatemala's biggest club, Municipal, for the 2007-08 season. On his debut for Municipal in the 2007 Apertura against his former club, CD Suchitepéquez, he scored the winning goal, a spectacular one-time volley off a corner from Fredy García.

National team

Ávila made his international debut as a substitute in a match against the United States in a pre-World Cup friendly in 2006. He scored his first goal for the Guatemalan senior side in a friendly match against Honduras later that year.
    On October 17, 2007, in a game against the Mexican national team, he came of age at the international level, scoring a brace (first the equalizer and then the winner) and setting up an earlier goal. This superb performance helped Guatemala beat Mexico for the first time in almost 40 years.
    In 2007 and 2008 he was part of Guatemala's under-23 team scoring the winning goal against Haiti, and although the Guatemal National Team played really well throughout the tournament slowely they lost momentum and fell short of qualifying to the 2008 Olympic tournament.

11. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What about Avila? Are we signing him? I know CUSA flirted with the idea last year and didn't happen? Is it for real real this time?

12. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I second that, if for no other reason then for wanting to see him do those front flips after he scores a goal.

13. fernandolopez626

Feb 24, 2008
    Los Angeles
    if chivas usa would get him they would get a mass population of guatemalans at their stadium

14. michoacano1

michoacano1 New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    COWTOWN, TX
    Chivas USA mentioned him last year but nothing happened. It would be good for the team on and off the field, the problem is that we have already filled our roster. The only way I see it going down is if we release Zotinca to sign Marvin. Either way, I hope he finds a place that will give him the respect he dserves!:D

15. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our 28 man roster is full, i don 't think we will sign anyone else, maybe next year or in the summer when Guzan goes to Europe.

16. COMANDANTE #00

Feb 8, 2008
    UNION ULTRAS
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    TROOPERS,
    IF CHIVAS USA REALLY WANTS HIM, THEN THEY WILL DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO SIGN HIM.