Transfers, sales, and signings for 2008

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by glyconerd, Nov 8, 2007.

1. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
  2. agutierrez

agutierrez New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    LA
    Keegan Peirce on the Chivas USA show stated that Bofo is another player that is rumored to be desired by Chivas USA. I would love it if either ended up playing for our Red and White.

3. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I really doubt "Bofo" Bautista will want to play in MLS. His heart is really set in Guadalajara. If he were to play abroad, I only see him leaving for Europe, which at this point seems highly unlikely.

For those that are not aware, Bautista currently plays for Jaguares of Chiapas. The reason he was transfered was because former Guadalajara coach Chepo de la Torre did not get along with the player.

Vergara did not fully approve of the transfer and with the club not playing as desired Chepo was soon out of a job. In any case Bofo will still be an attraction for next season and help ease the fans should the club fail to win anything.

Also the fact that Bofo agreed to a transfer to Jaguares, bottom table club, when he could easily sing for one of the top MFL clubs leads me to believe that he will have no problems returning to Guadalajara.

4. DigzTFC

DigzTFC Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Halifax
    Hey fellas,

I have a quick question. From my understanding the owner of Chivas USA and Chivas are the same person. Also, from the rumors on BS, I've heard Bofo and Morales are being inticed to play for Chivas USA. Currently, the USA team does not have a DP and therefore could not afford any of these players. However, both are still owned by the parent club. Do you think it maybe possible if Chivas footed the bill for their contracts above a certain point on a loan deal and Chivas USA pay the rest.....essentially keeping them underneath the cap? It would be a smart move as there would be instant rise in season ticket sales and jersey sales. Plus, the money is coming from the same source so the payoff is bigger than if the two players played for the parent club (theoretically in profits).

Thoughts?

5. agutierrez

agutierrez New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    LA
    Good call digz. Rumors were that was how we were able to acquire Placentia last year. Nothing was official (that I know of).

I will say this. Chivas USA had a good attendance showing last year without a great season. This year they had a great season without any stars, and attendance dropped. If I were a betting man, I would guess the Red and White would have some sort of Mexican star. There is some cap room left.

As to the ownership question, Vegara isn't the only owner up here. There are other owners/investors up here that are not down there.

6. michoacano1

michoacano1 New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    COWTOWN, TX
    Rumor has it tat there will be one more DP slot given to all teams... just rumor. That would be a great idea for them to pay the difference on either or both (wishfull thinking) players in order to bring them here. One of our main setbacks would be accomplished, and that is filling the HDC.

7. agutierrez

agutierrez New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    LA
    Why would Carr be traveling with the team to Guadalajara? Is he any better than Ramon Nunez? Or the other two?

8. Ranka

Ranka Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Ramon Nunez is with his national team, as well as S Thomas, Johnny B, Klejestan, and Guzano.
    that is 5 on national team duty
    add Galindo and Razov.
    My guess Carr is someone Preki might be looking at to see how he plays together with Chivas.

Considering the amount of goals we scored the last 4 games... why not look elsewhere?

9. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What would you guys think if chivas acquired Landon Donovan from the Galaxy?

We know he has a no trade clause and the Gals would need a DP to keep him. Would Lalas use the DP on him or try to get a Figo or Ronaldo?
    what if MLS "arranged" for the Gals to get the Dp and Chivas to get Landycakes ?

just throwing it out there to see where the fans heads are at.

Personally I don't like the guy but if he can improve the team why not.

10. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Donovan with chivas usa ....... we dont need hem
    i dont like that idea
    1st i dont like that guy
    2nd we need playes that feel proud to wear the chivas jersey
    3rd there are better players out there

the earthquakes can keep donovan

11. ProfessorBlackbeard

ProfessorBlackbeard New Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Per the Roster announcement, sounds like he's "home" for the holidays and may just want to get some additional exposure. Of the forwards listed, I would rank him within the top two going. The team could use his speed, quickness and hustle.

12. agutierrez

agutierrez New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    LA
    I think he's trying out for the team. Like most players Preki takes in, he trains with them for a few weeks. We need depth up there, it's obvious, but what sets him out from the pack?

Honestly, I haven't really watched the kid. However, he only has three goals for the year with 2 assists. Thats comparable to the strikers we already have. Is he worth one of our strikers?

13. michoacano1

michoacano1 New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    COWTOWN, TX
    That's what I figured with these guys, that they were on vacation. Either way, Carr has been playing pretty good coming off the bench for Chicago. I see him adapting well to our system during this game. My question is: Why would you bring guest players and play them during the offseason if you are not seriously thinking about acquiring them, even if it is just a benefit match.? I would not mind having Carr coming to our team. I ave not seen how many minutes he has played all year, but he did help Chicago out once Blanco went there. If they are not serious about acquiring him, then that means they brought him to fill in a spot to complete a team. In that case I would play him very little in order for me to see the guys from our reserve team. They are the ones we need to pay attenion to. Hamilton and Suenio are the ones we need to play.

14. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Cubanos pls.

15. RICHARD ESCUTIA

Jul 25, 2006
    PALMDALE
    GM,
    ********VAN NO DOUBT HE IS A GOOD PLAYER, BUT PLAYING WITH CHIVAS USA IS EQUIVALENT TO CUAUHTEMOC PLAYING FOR CHIVAS GUADALAJARA. IN SHORT, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.
    I AGREE WITH REY MISTERIO. WE DON`T NEED HIM. LALAS DOES NOT WANT HIM, BUT THE EARTHQUAKES DO.

16. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not so fast my friends. Osvaldo played for America and Atlas.
    El Bofo almost went to America. I think Donovan is an immature jerk with decent skill and tremendous speed. Haviong said that, I think he's better off playing for Chivas USA than any other team.
    If we paired him up with Galindo and or Razov, MLS defenses would pee in theior pants. Also, imagine a 4-3-3 or the vaunted 3-4-3 with Donovan.
    Just think about it.

17. El Assesino

El Assesino New Member

Oct 21, 2006
    UNION Ul7RAS
    Donavan is gay, but he can be a great player when he shows up. He also better than any player on our roster. The truth hurts

18. Gameface

Gameface BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 25, 2000
    Southern California
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I completely agree with your observation. While we love to tear him down we must admit that he is the all time leading scorer for the nats, galaxy, and one day MLS. He will always be landycakes, but the bastard can play.

19. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I can't see it happening. But it would be interesting.

20. RICHARD ESCUTIA

Jul 25, 2006
    PALMDALE
    GRANTED.
    BUT HE HATES MEXICO AND ANYTHING THAT SMELLS MEXICAN, THEREFORE, I HATE HIM BACK... THAT`S WHY I SAY THAT IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

21. RED_HOT_CHILI_PEPPER

Feb 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Donovan doesnt hate Mexico Ive heard him say good things about Mexico. I much rather have Zidane, Ronaldo, someone that will sell out the stadium the way Becks did for the Gals

22. El Assesino

El Assesino New Member

Oct 21, 2006
    UNION Ul7RAS
    Donovan doesn't hate Mexico. He hates the MNT but not Mexico. He was even tempted to go play in Atlas once.

23. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
  24. Gameface

Gameface BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 25, 2000
    Southern California
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once again, a team is held in higher regard than the entire league. This DP game is starting to become a big joke. AEG/Lalas seem to always get bailouts and favors to save the cash cow. They might as well just give every team a maximum of two DPs. I wonder if they will compensate us with a mulligan DP.:rolleyes:

25. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Mexican player Mariano trujillo could join chivas USA since he is currently training with the team