Transfers Rumours (POST ALL TRANSFER RUMORS HERE!)

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Portista69, Dec 17, 2004.

1. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Mistakes were made, nobody denied it. But this management is still the same who took us to the top (on more than one occasion I might add)

So, to mee it looks like you're trying to delude yourself into thinking that the difference between "the best Sporting in 40 years" and the "worst Porto in God knows how long" is bigger than it really is.

Answer me this: If Sporting loses to Benfica and somehow fvcks up the final (it's hard I know, considering you play at home :rolleyes: ) how will their managers loook like?

And lets not even go into the financial side of running a club. Suffices to say that Sporting's debt is 4 times bigger than Porto's.

2. mursa81

mursa81 New Member

May 7, 2005
    Miami , Florida
    ...If Porto don't win this championship...you gotta simply look at it as a "stumble"..... and don't forget that if Porto would've won only 2 home games more than what they usually do ...
    ..we would be Champions !

So I just hope management learned their lesson , go for Quality instead of Quantity in terms of buying players (european preferably)..
    ...and next year we're back on top ! :cool:

3. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

RESENDES how do u go from being a FC PORTO fan to a Sporting fan in a matter of weeks???????????????????? :confused:

4. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    his going with the winners, nothing wrong with that, next week his going to be a Benfica fan :)

5. El Ardillo

El Ardillo New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Delaware
    bandwagonning is what got me to be a portugal fan. i eventually missed the wagon and got stranded here at these threads. :p

6. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Can you say Bandwagon?:D

But we are happy to have him, anytime you can take a Tripeiro and make him an SCP supporter is a great day:D

7. mursa81

mursa81 New Member

May 7, 2005
    Miami , Florida
    Looks like Seitaridis has finally accepted to go to Dinamo moscow .....the deal should be done by tuesday/wednesday of next week ... 10 Million Euros .

I like Seitaridis , but if he's disgruntled and doesn't like living in Porto ...then the door should be open to go .

..and for a player who cost 3 million , to get 10 million in return is def a good Deal .

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/index.asp?op=ver&noticia=81423&tema=5

ps .... Nelson of Boavista should be looked at even more now . :)

8. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Damn, no wonder why gas prices are going through the roof.

Those freaking oil moguls are spending money like sh!t.

9. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    Well 10 millions its a good deal, he is a very good player but i certainly expected more from him.
    We have Bosingwa and hoppefully we will have Nelson :)

10. ronnie86

ronnie86 New Member

Apr 10, 2005
    bosingwa should be used in the middle of the park and porto should sign cicinho and nelson

then id be happy along with another CB and a good forward and rosicky. big fan of rosicky and d'allesandro.

and mascherano to replace costinha.

im getting abit ahead of myself. but i can dream.

11. El Ardillo

El Ardillo New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Delaware
    i'm not much for rumors, but this looks interesting.

i was about the Manchester United forum peeking in on my poll there when i saw the thread "Glazer wants Becks?", although not totally affecting portugal it will affect what i believe will happen between Real Madrid and C. Ronaldo. ever since i heard about Real wanting to possibly sign Ronaldo, i've been thinking it might be a possibility of the future, not anytime soon though.

however, if recent events are considered, you see an interesting scenario...

1)Glazer takes over Man U which will ultimately lead to sweeping changes, both on the field and within the club's management.
    -a resultant factor of the above means that the proposed trippling of Ronaldo's salary to make him resign might be rethought.

2)if indeed Glazer wants beckham Real could jump to the opportunity to acquire a young player to replace him for the long term in order to avoid conflict with their already "old" team

http://www.redissue.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=222121

thats the article that sums up the beckham grab scenario.

also, stumbled across this. it appears ferdinand might be a prime choice for Real instead of Ronaldo...

http://www.tribalfootball.com/may/englinews150505.html

...and yet another article pertaining to a possible Ronaldo transfer...

http://www.tribalfootball.com/april/spanishnews1300405.html

meh, this is the first time i've actually posted something constructive in this thread... :D

12. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Looks like Vitor Pontes coach of Leiria is moving over to Dinamo Moscow...

Now it really is a Portuguese Team...

We should start a Dinamo thread and call it:

Vodka and Bacalhau....perfect together:D

13. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Somehow, I'm willing to bet we already invented a have a recipe with that ;)

14. El Ardillo

El Ardillo New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Delaware
  15. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Charlton interested in Pauleta

Charlton boss Alan Curbishley has Paris Saint Germain striker Pedro Pauleta and Valencia forward Bernardo Corradi at the top of his summer shopping list.

Curbishley is looking to further strengthen his squad over the summer to avoid another end-of-season slump, which saw Charlton slip from European contention back down to finish 11th after just one win from their final 14 Premiership matches.

A proven goalscorer is probably top of his shopping list with Pauleta and Corradi both said to be targets, although perhaps out of the club's price range.

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/050517/1/ayea.html

16. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Pauleta seems to be in high demand. Not bad for a striker who everyone thinks is horrible.

17. El Ardillo

El Ardillo New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Delaware
    alot of players from portugal are in demand, u guys are like the brazilians of europe.

you've got the skill, they've got the money which means its a good market...

18. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  19. El Ardillo

El Ardillo New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Delaware
    this is three hours old...

dunno who sourced it, but its interesting to see if this might fall through.

A Second Ronaldo To Join Madrid?
    5/18/2005 3:06:00 PM
    Cristiano Ronaldo has hinted he would love to become Figo’s heir at the gigantic Merengues in the near future.
    “Real Madrid are the best club in the world,” Ronaldo told reporters when asked if he would like to join the Spanish powerhouse during his career.

Ronaldo’s contract expires in 2008, but if United fail to raise his salary any time soon the Portuguese wing could already leave the Red Devils this summer.

Real Madrid have made it known that they don’t intend to extend Figo’s contract that expires in June, and it appears Luxemburgo has agreed with Sacchi that Cristiano Ronaldo is first choice to become the ‘next galactico’.

20. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Lyon are interested in Figo.

O Lyon está interessado em Figo e quem o confirmou foi o próprio presidente, Jean-Michel Aulas, em declarações ao sítio oficial do clube. O jogador do Real Madrid já há algum tempo que despertou a cobiça dos responsáveis do tetracampeão de França, que inclusivamente desenvolveram contactos no sentido de saber da disponibilidade do internacional português em se mudar para o campeonato francês. "Fizemos uma abordagem da qual ainda não recebemos retorno. Tirámos informações porque é um jogador que nos interessa para o lado direito do ataque", declarou Aulas. De acordo com Aulas, o Lyon já segue Figo há algum tempo: "Vimos o Figo jogar por Portugal durante o Europeu, da mesma forma que acompanhamos a carreira de Tomasson (Milan)".
    http://www.ojogo.pt/21-89/Artigo469677.htm

21. El Ardillo

El Ardillo New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Delaware
    isnt figo retiring though?