Transfers Rumours (POST ALL TRANSFER RUMORS HERE!)

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Portista69, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    I read about Manchester United scouts watching Moreira play against sporting and porto the past few weeks, do you think they have Moreira mixed up with Quim? They also say he's the backup goalkeeper on the National Team.

2. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    I just saw a report on 24 Horas that Arsenal is interested in Sporting's goalkeeper, Ricardo. Are there any websites or papers reporting this one yet?

3. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    it looks like Benfica signed Anderson Cleber Beraldo 24 year old, central defender of Corinthians but only to be made official at the end of the season, his going to take the place of Luisao, and will be sold to Inter Milan, for 6 million euros, Benfica will only received 25 percent of that amount, Benfica money will be to pay for Karagounis of Inter.

4. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  5. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  6. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  7. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  8. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  9. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  10. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    If half of the players rumoured to be going actually leave, the Superliga will be really crap next season. Imagine Porto without Maniche, Costinha, and maybe McCarthy or Benfica without Miguel, Luisao, and now Manuel Fernandes?

When bad players like Danny or average players like Frechaut are being poached by Russian clubs, you know the league is in trouble. :mad:

11. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Sokota to be a Dragao?

Pinto da Costa has been in talks with Sokota's agent to sign the Croatian striker for next season. Rumours have it that, Sokota looks to be set to join Porto when his contract expires with Benfica in April. Porto will make an official/public bid when his contract expires, but as of right now, numbers are being thrown around between his agent and Pinto da Costa.

Sokota is odd enough currently playing for Benfica B. The Croatian international scored 4 goals the past weekend.
    Who knows, maybe Porto can turn Sokota around like we did when Maniche was contracted from Benfica's B team!

-Dani from FCporto-online.com

12. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  13. Dracul

Dracul New Member

Sep 25, 2004
  14. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Nao vao jogar no Brasileirao, e o Dynamo de Moscovo vai jogar em Portugal.

15. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  16. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Latest news "AS" reporting Figo will be the first galactico to leave this summer.
    He'll be on the last year of his contract, so RM will be risking loosing him for nothing next year.

Boy am I happy! :) They didn't deserve him, and it means he's getting closer to coming to SCP. If Chelsea doesn't win the CL, don't be surprised Mourinho just might sign him.

http://www.record.pt/noticia.asp?id=666214&idCanal=292

17. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    God, wouldn't that be just the best centenary gift the club would be able to give to their fans? That, and some CL football next season would be just about spectacular :eek:

18. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    FC Porto interested in AEK and Greece NT midfielder KATSOURANIS, (24 years old)

The article reports an observation by Rui Barros in the AEK game against Olimpiakos. Katsouranis, who is a deffensive midfielder, scored the equalizer for AEK.

24 years old, Katsouranis is said to be a similar player to Paraguayan and ex-Porto Carlos Paredes, although with better skill, played 6 games in EURO 2004, and at the age of 24 could be a good bet to replace Costinha.
    According to the article Katsouranis can also play as a CB.

Price tag: 5 million euros.
    Your thoughts?

19. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Sounds ok but we had a cheaper option called Pedro Mendes :mad: . I can't say that i've seen Katsouranis play other than the Euro games, so I don't know how good this guy is. 5 million euros sounds rather pricy....

20. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    argh... don't even remind me of that Pedro Mendes-Postiga deal... :rolleyes:

Actually I think 5 million for a 24 year old Greece NT starter, AEK starter isn't even that much money. He's probably an experient player and still young enough to improve with us.

21. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    Since they compare him with Paredes why don´t we go and bring Paredes back... ?!
    We made a terrible deal when we sold him because clearly he was one of the best defensive midfielders FC Porto had in the last 10 years, i believe we still get 30 % of a future transfer.

22. Nuno77

Nuno77 New Member

Mar 16, 2005
    What do you guys think of the possibility of Rui Costa going to finish his career back at Benfica, is that realistic?

23. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I think it's possible but I'm not sure about this summer. He's playing pretty well and Milan may want to hang onto him a bit longer. There's also the issue of wages (can Benfica afford him?) and there may be other clubs interested in his services. His situtation is somewhat similar to Figo's, except that I think Figo is almost sure bet to be moving on from Madrid.

24. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think the real question is whether Rui Costa is willing to take a major pay cut. I can see him another year in Milan and than come to Benfica, but I hope he's grateful to Benfica and does take a major cut in his pay to end his career there. Although I have doubts he'll do that, I don't like what he's doing to the NT, seems to me he's a little cry-baby (uh-uh, lost my starting spot to Deco [a Brazilian..] I don't wanna play anymore if I'm gonna be a sub...)

25. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
    I think that Rui was going to hang up the boots for the NT after the Euro no matter what. Rui actually had a good attitude and came on as a sub when he was asked to and played well. (scored 2 goals) He didn't cry and moan like Figo did during the England game.

As for him finishing his career at Benfica, I think it's any Benfiquista's dream to see our Rui end his career de aguia ao peito. Only time will tell if he's willing to do it.