transfers: facts and rumours

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by tomo, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Blues

Blues New Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Belgium
    Thanks. This forum is exactly what I was looking for. Something to talk (and learn) about English football, and discuss the Belgian League..

2. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good stuff - we've got the best posters in these parts.

3. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    *Anderlecht showing concrete interest in Christophe Gregoire now. 350.000 euro's is the asking price. Would make a good acquisition IMO.

*Fenerbace talked to Aruna on monday. His manager, Trimpont said it is very likely he will finish the season in Anderlecht.

*Mons eager to loan Junior and Gerk from Anderlecht. Junior is a possibility, Gerk will be difficult. Hope they can get him so he finally gets some playing time.

*Strasbourg interested in Ndri Romaric from Beveren. Strasbourg has financial trouble however, so it probably means no. Romaric should go to a top team in Belgium.

*Club Brugge pays 1,4m for Ishiaku and Klukowski. Don't know where they get the money from. Good news for Belgianguy though.

*Van Hoeyland moving from Lokeren to GBA.

*It's very probable that La Louviere goalie Sylvio Proto will play for PSG next season.

*Genk still interested in Tom Soetaers and Olivier Ocean.

*Cedric Roussel is testing at Perugia. Standard is also interested but the asking price is too high.

4. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw the Roussel story on the Perugia site. Good stuff Tomo - any Belgian sites in English?

5. Gagnons

Gagnons New Member

Oct 9, 2004
    TOMO could u tell me where u got the news from cuz im quite interested in the Canadian transfers.
    As for translating sites, cant u do u through google or altavista or so?

6. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    I'll soon start a site with the best links for Belgium. I doubt there are much in English.

7. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM

I got it from www.sport.be, which is quite reliable. Yesterday it was reported that he will start training with Brugge on 2 January, 'cause he's on vacation for the moment. Today the site says that he and Ishiaku will not be joining the training camp in Turkey yet.

Translating; I don't know, never heard of it.

8. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Teletekst Belgium has confirmed the news.

*Benfica seems to be going for Buffel. Club Brugge has withdrawn their offer.

*Tottenham still interested in Wilhelmsson. Also Chievo entering the game. Wilhelmsson wants to leave.

9. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chievo has new owner - could be looking to put a new face on his transaction.
    ===
    Belgian info: I've looked and I usually find one site or another, but nothing consistent. There are two or three sites that give Dutch news in English, should be at least one Belgian site.

10. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buffel to rangers looks like a done deal.

Thanks Tommy, good luck - enjoy the haggis.

;)

11. TotalFootball

TotalFootball Red Card

Jan 1, 2005
    he is a gd lad

12. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Anderlecht and Standard want to sign Kennedy Bakircioglu, a very talented 24-year old Turkish Swede. He is also wanted by Roda JC, FC Twente and Kaiserslautern and was wanted by ManU a couple of years ago. Now he plays for Iraklis Saloniki in Greece, but he wants to leave because the club has financial trouble. He has been capped four times.

Problem is that FC Twente has the best chance of getting him because he has family there and they already have two Swedes, Majstorovic (who might be leaving for Ajax or PSV) and Touma.

Anderlecht are using their reliable Scandinavian contacts to get the player though.

I heard this guy has the same playing style as Ludovic Giuly; fast, technical, a smart player.

Would be good for Belgian football. I get the impression that things are moving in the right direction.

13. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM

Not a done deal yet. Feyenoord and Rangers have an agreement but Buffel still needs to talk to them. He did say he wanted to play for Rangers.

14. Blues

Blues New Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Belgium
    Hans Cornelis doesn't move to GenT, but to GenK :) His term at Genk will start on the 1st of July.

Besides this young Belgian talent, Genk has also signed Nenad Stojanovic and Tomislav Mikulic. What's more, they are still negotiating with Tom Soetaers of Ajax.

15. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    One site said the deal with GenT was through but they seem to be wrong. Hope Genk also gets Soetaers. Wasn't he a target for Gent too?

16. Blues

Blues New Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Belgium
    Yes, he was. I hope not only for Genk that Soetaers will also join us, but also for Belgian football in general. And for Soetaers himself of course, hope he can relance his career...

17. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    -Gregoire moving from Moeskroen to Anderlecht.

-Junior on loan from Anderlecht to Mons 'till june 30. Mons also said Jeremie Njock (Cameroon, striker) and Ivan Milas (Croatia, DC)

-Eloi (French) going to La Louviere.

-Roussel's deal to Standard is almost through.

18. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Where is Junior from????

19. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    He comes from the Anderlecht youth system and is a Belgian-Congolese who got capped for Belgium once. His real name is Gabriel Ngalula Mbuyu. He is a very good DM that has had a lot to suffer from injury the last two years. He doesn't get a chance now because Yves Vanderhaeghe is back and Hasi is stilll in town. His brother Floribert plays in ManU youth and gets his chances in the league cup.

20. ajaxpsv

ajaxpsv New Member

Nov 8, 2004
    L.A.
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  21. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Roussel is going to Standard on loan from Rubin Kazan. They seem to have a good team now.

22. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cedric Roussel?

23. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Yup.

24. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    *Anderlecht interested in Yves Makabu-Ma Kalamby, the fourth keeper from Chelsea and former player of Anderlecht. They are also scouting French goalie Jody Viviani.

*Barcelona :eek: is scouting La Louviere goalie Sylvio Proto. They don't seem to be interested in an immediate transfer, but admit they are charmed by the player.

*Archie Thompson (Lierse) might be returning to Australia. The player, who made the most goals in an international match ever, has a contract that expires at the end of the season.

*Another Australian, Paul Okon, is also returning to his home country.

25. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

i take it Thompson hasd't done too well in Belgium?