Transfers and Rumors

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by vivabolivar, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It's a far better league than Qatar or Saudia Arabia and maybe even the J League. And they play against decidedly better international competition in CONCACAF Champions Cup and SuperLiga. MLS teams don't have the payroll to really win those tournaments but they are valuable showcases. What are the benefits of going to Honduras or El Salvador as opposed to playing in MLS?

2. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Dude.... The problem with the MLS is, and it is a complicated problem.

They have to both attract people to the games and inhance and promote national players. This is very difficult for example since DC united got rid of their last Salvadorian players the attendence of Salvadorians is down, i asked a couple of Salvadorian fans why they don't support DC like back in the day and of course the answer is because no Salvadorian player is playing of even on the roster. However at the same time they have to promote players from within there own programs as well as the US mens soccer programs. Its going to be hard when Moreno retires because unless ur a hardcore DC united fan i don't see a real reason to spend 40 bucks to see what they have on the roster. And I am not that big of a Moreno fan to begining with. So its hard as a MLS official to sign foreign players that are taken the spots of younger american players. And its just as hard letting Big time names like Ronaldo (who signed with a brazilian team) get by you...... catch 20-20 :rolleyes:

3. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

^^^J league is better than MLS, but its only problem is its located in Asia lol.

With the MLS though, people still think it is what it was in the past, a new league with no connections outside of it, no exporting of good players, basically a retirement/mickey mouse league.

Not true anymore, EPL uses MLS like a feeder league, and alot of euro' clubs that are from norway, scotland, etc. countries like that try to look for bargains in the MLS.

MLS isnt that bad anymore as in its reputation world wide, beckham believe or not brought more attention to the league, which in return has gotten people looking for talent here more than before.

Guys like Arce could tear up the MLS and sooner or later get spotted or picked up by a team looking for a bargain '10' striker/midfielder.

4. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The DC United fan core base is large enough and diversified enough to follow the team and not one player. Those days are gone. Etcheverry and Moreno brought me in, now the team has taken over. The Barra Brava and my love for United rival my passion for The Strongest. I consider both my teams.

If the ES fans only want to root for their players they can go to Copa Taca games. And there have been plenty of ES players since Arce. Quintanilla and Reyes to name two. And they still haven't shown up.

5. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Well the Salvi's left cause of Raul Diaz Arce disputes over his over inflated salary and problems with the team. When he left they basically left with him looking at it like el salvador was betrayed. But thats not the point.

Its hard to promote US players, but they are working on it finally developing in house youth development with U-watever age grouped dc united kids teams. 40bucks? Maybe to see bolivia, but its like 20 for cheap tickets...maybe less.

Also your not in check with what recently has happened with the League, they i think have 8 foreign spots for each team, meaning no green card, striaght up foreigners. Thats alot of spots now, and they lowered the roster number from i think 28-to 24 guys on the team, what does that mean? They cut all the 18k earning young players, to pay older(experienced vet's or young healthy high money earners, like arce) better guys money.

I am telling you, the MLS is trying to make itself foreign friendly and just become a superior league in the Americas, comparable to Mexico and how their league blossomed thanks to foreign talent.

Arce could be the next big thing in the MLS if he comes, hell if he succeeds he could have a pipeline to the EPL or even la liga with Jozy Altidore to Villareal.

6. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Initially I thought the same thing, but Beckham is glam and glitter, than a soccer star. He might have the tabloids going but as far as bringing attention to the league it's hurt them more. I think him playing here is viewed as a joke. The attention MLS got from him is gone. The only way is to bring more players. I think players like Juan Pablo Angel have done more than beckham. The reason is that Angel is still at the top of his game while Beckham is in the downside.

I try to support the MLS but let's face it the style, though improved, is still disorganized, is like watching a ping pong match. If I was a player, I wouldn't wanna come here. Granted Chico uses Qatar and J legue, but what about the Greek, Turkish and Swiss league even, they get more attention from the bigger clubs. It would be better to try their luck there before MLS.

In the end we come back to the same thing, esos boludos de los agentes que joden todo, no saben dar consejo y no tienen ni un interes en el jugador Boliviano.

7. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^Maybe from the public, but it still has eyes(teams and other leagues than EPL) watching the league for talent, scowering and just giving looks to the talent that is in the league.

8. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yeah Chico I consider you a Hardcore DC united fan :)

9. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hey i heard they are reversing this rule, it sucked for the teams that played three competions or more like dc united they played league games, concaf champions league, open cup, super cup, and so on. I heard that it hurt teams because they didn't have enough reserves to rest starters so they are going back up with thier rosters.

I think that DC United has a really strong fan base, however you must admit that the average bolivian will likely not be as devoted to the team once jaime bails unless they bring another bolivian on board.

10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea i mean i can see that, but they can find talent, i mean look at Arce, i feel he would be the perfect replacement for Jaime. Jaime earns 275k yearly. I could see him coming for similar amount of change, obviously less but i really think arce would work.

11. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Are we the only ones that think Arce can tear it up in MLS? His speed is competitive, and his talent and touch is very good. He's not much of a prowler, but he is a very similar player to what Jaime is. Not a jaime, but just as good in other ways (more physical, more energetic... a ben olsen with more talent).

Anyways, I forgot what this post was about....

12. rolo01

rolo01 New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ashton, MD
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Right, that's my point! A better Jaime doesn't belong in the MLS. That type of player would be better suited for a more competitive league. Who else agrees with me?

13. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^I Know what you mean, but at the MLS its not like players rot. They are now looked at, and given contracts elsewhere or picked up if they are young, fresh, and show promise. The EPL loves to try out players from the MLS.

I wouldnt mind having arce here in DC, but if he can get a opp. in brasil or argentina, why not? Or offers in europe... why not.

14. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Well then the average bolivian will sit at home with his thumb up his ass and miss out on some good live soccer and some great atmosphere.

15. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    LOL, I could have sworn this was the Bolivian transfer and rumors thread, so imagine my surprise at seeing 2 pages worth of talk about MLS and DCUnited:eek:

I'll bite though:D
    MLS doesn't get enough respect from people as it should, it's not as garbage as most latin americans think it is. At the same time it's nowhere near as good as some americans seem to think. J League >>> MLS, Urawa Reds or Kashima Antlers would smash the current MLS champs. Until they stop paying their players peanuts they'll continue to be looked as an inferior league. They much rather go after old argentinian and third rate brazilians than take chances on young Bolivians, Ecuadorians, Paraguyans, Venezuelans, etc, and that's fine. When they start getting the younger talented guys as opposed to journey men and guys near retirement is when you'll start seeing a change in perception about the league.

Fuego you're wrong about one thing. EPL teams look at MLS for americans ONLY. Can someone tell me of a young latin american player who has gone to MLS and been able to parlay it into a euro contract. The only person I can think of is Juan Toja at Steau. Even some of the most successful yanks have avoided MLS altogether or gone on to europe in spite of MLS not because of it(this is changing though). It'll continue to grow but I agree with Chico in that as far as futbol goes it's a much better destination than Qatar or Saudi Arabia, but money wise not so much, and if you're a young latin american and wish to go to europe not so much:eek:

16. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It's all part of the business model the original ownership groups structured as what's known as single entity. The league owns and negotiates the contracts, not the individual teams with the DP (or Beckham rule) being the exception. Without it MLS would've been another NASL where the NY and DC and maybe Miami teams would have had the big market and big cash and the league would have folded in 5 years. Growth in salaries has been slow but it has grown. The salary cap has increased modestly and with the next bargaining agreement with the players union it will probably surpass $3 million. Still not alot to split 24 ways but it's slow growth. With new teams clamoring to sign up for expansion with a $20 million buy in, things are definately looking up. New soccer specific stadiums for just about every team, tv broadcast rights being sold and individual team sponsors also being sold, the league is doing well fiscally. The future looks bright for MLS but if you really want to sell bolivian players, tell them they can cash their paychecks the same day they get them. :D

17. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Especially if you play for strongest:p

Back on the topic of transfer rumors, apparently Baldi got offered the coaching job at Barcelona Guayaquil in Ecuador. If he has another great year I see him going abroad, which can't hurt.
    http://www.facetasdeportivastv.com/nota.php?id=3146

18. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I cant really name much hispanics off the top of my head, but the MLS has produced guys like Stern John who did really well with his time in the EPL, he is not american, same with alot of carribean players.

The problem is as you stated alot of the hispanic players that come are journeymen who are proven at one point in their career, example on DC Guerrero who has played in the EPL, Penarol, etc. Hes 31 though, and no team wants him right now but hes still good.

Its a rarity that young players come to the mls that are hispanic and talented, or if they are here they arent good enough to exceed i nthe EPL and barely cut it in the MLS, Burciaga is an example, or alejandro moreno who kicks butt in the MLS is kinda old, really wouldnt be a good pick up.

I garuntee if Arce came here and tore it up, he'd def. get more looks than sitting on the bench in korea or playing in Qatar.

19. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    And yea i heard on the news today before the bolivar game that Baldi' might coach Barcelona. THey are a big big team, recently though they havent done much and have lost some of their superstar in ecuador status.

Baldi' played ther eas did Etcheverry on loan and brought them to the Copa Libertadores final.

They have love for bolivians and it seems they wouldnt mind giving baldi' a chance given his result with his first coaching stint at Aurora.

I hope he coaches there and establishes himself like Etcheverry is also trying to.

20. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    I would go to Baltimore. Should be interesting. I seriously see Baldi doing well at coaching vs. Etch. Baldi is alot more of a communicator.

21. rolo01

rolo01 New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ashton, MD
    Club:
    CA River Plate
  22. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I wouldnt doubt Baldi' being a great coach, i remember when he was last at bolivar when they let him go' because of his partying ways and influence on the players, it was basically stated the young guys who looked up to him were crying basically for him to stay.

He def. has a great influence over players.

23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    And on Arce, i hope he finds a better team to go to beyond pay, i am sure he can find offers in Brasil, if not i really hope somehow he can find a way to come to DC United. He is the exact typle of player we need down here since moreno is probably chicharon after this year.

24. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    In every play in the video, he was getting fouled. It was more of a "Beat up Arze" Video then anything else. Sad.

He looks chunkier. I wonder if his added weight effects his style of play.

25. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Apparently Joselito Vaca could be heading al exterior, one more time. This time the choice he has is between Korea, Israel or Spain(second division most likely, but still good). I would personally choose Spain as it's still a competitive league and there is a lot more room for growth.
    http://www.facetasdeportivastv.com/nota.php?id=3186