Transfers and Rumors Pt. II

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by CHICO13, Dec 25, 2008.

1. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    i hope I havent missed it, but where is teh Chumacero transfer? Is Strongest still pondering the MLS offer or are there any other offers for Chuma?

2. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

The Strongest is Broke, but aprently not borke enough to take a midlevel deal for Chuma..

3. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Dont they still owe him back wages? He said he didnt get paid for months, and I know his wages aree pennies compared to his true value. I swear something like 1000 dollars a month or something?

4. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    I can't really blame Strongest for not selling. He's their big chip to play and if he does well in Sub20 or even full NT his price will only keep rising.

I just hope he keeps improving, he's far from a finished product, and doesn't end up in Siberia FC like Raldes/Arce/Arias/Sauce/Pinedo/and pretty much anyone with half an ounce of talent the last few years.

5. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Just read it, and Ramiro Ballivian's brother clearly says, "Ramiro nacido en Coripata es uno de los dos paceños junto a Chumacero que esta en la selecciòn si Ramiro va a Lima esta viajando la iluciòn del hincha yungueño. Por ultimo a Dios gracias que es el unico padrino en futbol que tiene Ramiro, èl ha sido fichado por un club de Europa el Sheriff Tiraspol. Espero que tambien puedan ccomentar respecto de mi hermano, os digo que Ramiro sufrio mucho por llegar ahi."

7. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Whaaaat Sheriff got him? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Sheriff_Tiraspol

Good thing with that tema form when I remember seeing them play, vs. Olympiakos when i was in greece, they had alot of south americans, and played really good on the ground soccer.

Not great though, but $$$ is $$$ if thats the only offer he has.

They always too end up winning the league so he will get some looks in the europa league and champions league qualifiers....

8. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Just as I wrote "i hope none of our talented guys end up in Siberia FC" in the other thread I come in here and read that Ballivian might be signed to go play in Moldova.

Looks like a one team league, Ballivians alleged new team has won the championship ten years straight, it was only created in 1997. A little reading brings up that "Sheriff" (corporation that owns/runs team) is allegedly run mafia style, has been accused of plotting a government coup d'etat and is an alleged front for international money laundering. Awesome!

Their team has no native spanish speakers by the way, only 3 brazilians. I'm sure Ballivians adjustment will be real smooth:rolleyes:

All that's left is for me to log on tomorrow and read that Chuma has been sold to Papua New Guinea FC.

9. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I agree with you there. I was just glad that he was getting looked at, and in the U-20 teams will be evaluating his performance. But it best if he waited after the tournament and see if he gets any other offers that would be best suited for his ability and personal success.

10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hey, this team still ends up in the preliminaries everytime for the champions league thanks to their status as being league champs.... better then his 1000$ a month paycheck he gets at Strongest to feed his kid and wife.

11. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Big deal that they're in the prelim of Champions, they always lose but more importantly you're off base if you think somehow big clubs or even small clubs in europe will be legitimately scouting them.

From all their notable players NOT ONE has gone on to Germany/Spain/England/Italy/Holland. They get scouted and buy and trade players with other eastern european teams and Russian sides.

I truly hope he stays in Bolivia and waits for a better offer. This is as shortsighted move as there is for him.
    Bolivian league (as bad as it is) > Moldova league.

12. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Good point.....

Reminds me of when our guys were getting scouted by albanian teams. Remember Andaveris and Cloque went together for a season over there? Tirania I think was the team name?

Anyways, can you blame him? Alot of these good, young, promising kids arent getting paid crap and many times come from poor backgrounds and need money. Ballivian probably isnt on the radar for big $$$ in the bolivian league, and if he was, that team in europe would be able to pay probably double what he'd get here with teh euro to dollar.

I dont blame him if he went, even for a season his paycheck would last him for god konws how long in bolivia, where he can come back and join a big team upon his return. Play some CL matches under that team, play IMO at a higher level then bolivian soccer when i watched them play, whats so bad?

13. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    What's so bad is he's now in a multi year contract with a club half a world away and he's at their mercy of where he goes and by how much.

He'll be playing against piss poor competition. We need him to step his game up not notch it down. The only decent opponents Sheriff faces are in CL prelims and even those teams aren't any better than what Ballivian would face in Libertadores or Sudamericana.

None of our guys have been able to adapt to those type of leagues or teams and with good reason. Him being young and being on a team with no native spanish speakers is a big deal. The fringes of eastern europe are career black holes for our guys.

He'll disappear off the radar career wise. Sheriff plays in a couple of EUFA games a year and even in those, none of their guys have moved up. You think anyone is watching the one team Moldova league? I would argue his profile would be higher in a Bolivian team that played Libertadores, even if they got bounced early.

He's also half a world away from the national team. We've seen it over and over again, out of sight out of mind. Even if he did get called up you think his team would be happy to let him go.

Career wise this is an awful move.

14. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea... but what about money? You're forgetting about that part.... I've seen pictures and heard stories of the life a guy like Chumita faces playing for Strongest.

He gets paid peanuts compared to his worth, and is one of the guys who I see leaving as soon as he gets an offer because of the poverty he lives in or so I hear.

I dont really mind our players leaving to countries like this if its a family thing. Like I said before, many players come from piss poor backgrounds, especially some of our best. Money is a big factor when you are dirt poor. Who knows how many people depend on him, as his brother says, he might as well have his little town on his back.

At Sheriff he'll earn $$$, more so then he would probably here or in south america unless it was a big club in SA. I can't fault the kid or family to pressuring him to biting at the first sign of a club wanting to sign him.

Sheriff too are no slouches, watch them play, they play very attractive soccer, fast, hard pressuring, just because they are from Moldova doesnt mean they are bad, nor will his soccer drop in form. If anything, it may improve...

15. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Chuma is actually getting payed $6k a month this year

16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    But is it on time? And has he gotten a paycheck yet? :p ;)

17. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Where do you guys get the idea that he can make money in Moldova? Moldova's human development index is lower than Bolivia's and Moldova's GDP per capita is about half of Bolivia's. And Bolivia's is way low. Moldova got the worst deal when the Soviet Union collapsed. Also as I understand their economy is currently going through some sort of a crisis whereas ours is performing pretty well actually. The only way I see for him to make money there is if his club is really run by the mafia and they need to give big payouts to hide other big expenses in a money laundering operation. Either that or he really went with the idea that by playing in Europe he will get scouted by some other European team. Either way I think he is in for some surprises.

18. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    evo :d

19. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    que me pueden decir de este jugador que acaba de llegar de refuerxo al equipo del pueblo:

delantero boliviano Carlos Enrique Saucedo, recientemente vinculado a Medellín, ya estampó su firma en el contrato que lo une un año con el club, pero no podrá debutar todavía.

El jugador, quien militó en los mejores clubes de su país, como Oriente Petrolero, Bolívar, The Strongest, Aurora, así como en Deportivo Quito, está a punto en la parte física y médica, pero todavía tiene problemas de documentación, que lo privarán de un pronto debut

20. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHOnv8ldGHM"]YouTube - GOLES DE CARLOS SAUCEDO - CLUB AURORA 2010[/ame]

21. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC